WASHINGTON -- The anti-abortion, pro-family Tennessee congressman who pushed his patient and mistress to get an abortion also agreed that his wife should have two, according to court transcripts released Thursday.

Those documents, from GOP Rep. Scott DesJarlais' 2000 divorce proceedings, paint a lurid picture of a doctor who had multiple affairs with coworkers and patients -- at least one of whom he prescribed pain pills for -- while he was chief of staff at a local hospital.

The Huffington Post first reported that DesJarlais pressured one of his patients to abort a pregnancy that she said came from their flings. The doctor calls the 24-year-old a "psycho" in the transcript of his testimony. DesJarlais won reelection last week, even after reports surfaced that he had sex with other patients, and that he prescribed them pills. DesJarlais admitted the HuffPost report, but challenged the credibility of the later case.

It turns out it was all true, as well as reports that he denied during his 2010 campaign that he stuck a gun in his mouth for more than two hours, and threatened suicide after it became apparent he could not repair his marriage with his then-wife, Susan.

More at link.

In the wake of the revelations, DesJarlais insisted that he was anti-abortion. But the news that his wife had two abortions -- one for medical reasons and another because the couple agreed a child was not a good idea -- could call into question the sincerity of DesJarlais' position.

"Things were not going well between us and it was a mutual decision," DesJarlais said of the elective abortion. "I don't think that it was easy for either one of us. I think it was a very difficult and poor choice and I think that there are probably regrets both ways."

Although DesJarlais called the 2010 reports "all false", he testified under oath they were true.

Rest at link.
Typical controlling piece of shit. I love seeing them shamed in public.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
What a fucking pig.
Once again the only moral abortion is mine; when it is your life it is a widdle baaaaybeeee. If it is my life it is an inconvenience and a problem and must be dealt with now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
Once again the only moral abortion is mine; when it is your life it is a widdle baaaaybeeee. If it is my life it is an inconvenience and a problem and must be dealt with now.

My thoughts exactly. What a fucking hypocrite he is. I do wonder if there is some actual deficiency in these people that they can't produce an ounce of empathy for anyone else's problems until the problem actually becomes their own.

I got stuck in a debate with an anti-choicer recently who said to me "I can't think of a single good reason for any woman to ever have an abortion" and all I could reply was "I feel sorry for your lack of empathy, because off the top of my head, I can give you twenty imagined scenarios that any compassionate person would find an abortion to be the only sane option in".

Their response: "I can't talk to you any more. You're a BAD PERSON". Hmmm.

Do as I say, not as I do, right?
omnishambles
navi8orgirl

My thoughts exactly. What a fucking hypocrite he is. I do wonder if there is some actual deficiency in these people that they can't produce an ounce of empathy for anyone else's problems until the problem actually becomes their own.

I got stuck in a debate with an anti-choicer recently who said to me "I can't think of a single good reason for any woman to ever have an abortion" and all I could reply was "I feel sorry for your lack of empathy, because off the top of my head, I can give you twenty imagined scenarios that any compassionate person would find an abortion to be the only sane option in".

Also, I should clarify, not that I think it matters 2 hoots what anyone else would consider a "good reason" for a termination - the decision can only ever rest with the woman involved, end of story.
DesJarlais may wish he had suffered the same fate as Mourdock, Akin, Rivard and Walsh -- defeat. I read another article that stated the divorce papers contained enough evidence to warrant an investigation and possible censure by Congress for misconduct. In other words, he'll be discredited and powerless for this term and fade away in 2014.

I hope.
I wish DesJarlais would be tarred and feathered. I also wish the world could see the kind of hypocrisy that runs rampant in the pro lie movement.
satansbitch
I wish DesJarlais would be tarred and feathered. I also wish the world could see the kind of hypocrisy that runs rampant in the pro lie movement.

+1...almost every pro-liar I have ever run into has had at least one, most have had multiples. I met one who had FOUR! All were oopses gone bad, but she preached loud about how it was murder when another woman contemplated one.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
satansbitch

+1...almost every pro-liar I have ever run into has had at least one, most have had multiples. I met one who had FOUR! All were oopses gone bad, but she preached loud about how it was murder when another woman contemplated one.

Being face to face with that kind of hypocrisy would be enough to make me take a swing at someone.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - these anti choice politicians stance on abortion has NOTHING to do with "morals" or "care" about unborn children.

They are against abortion for ONE reason only - they want you breeding for the state. They want more bodies for their economic pyramid schemes, consumers and cannon fodder.

No other reason.

They 'pitch' and Propagandize from an emotional angle to manipulate their constituents.
Like some of the rest of you, I am not surprised to find out he is a hypocrite. The ones who are the most extreme anti-abortion loons are all hypocrites IMHO. Or else they were oopsed and want everyone else to be equally miserable and stuck.

Is this the guy there were some articles on and interviews with his first wife?
In all of these cases where they are trying to take away rights, the hypocrisy needs to be exposed. That should be a media priority IMHO. Privacy is right for those not stealing others' rights, but those out to interfere in our decisions about our bodies should be exposed.
omnishambles
omnishambles
navi8orgirl

Also, I should clarify, not that I think it matters 2 hoots what anyone else would consider a "good reason" for a termination - the decision can only ever rest with the woman involved, end of story.

This right here. I have balls not a uterus therefore I can never know the risk of carry or termination, Therefore I should keep my yap shut. This is something that the risk taker should have first and last word. I don't want someone telling me what to do with my nuts I've got no business shooting my mouth off here. end of discussion.

Or anyone else.

OMFG it just occurs to me a punishment for these hypocrites: They should have to listen to my Mom talk about health stuff. She has gout. Lord help ME! No I don't KNOW what it could have been! What did I eat? How in the hell should I know?

Oy. Vey.

I had to listen to this on the phone right now. I said I would try to look online. Yes, she's been to the doctor, a while ago, and she 'forgot all the foods". YARG!

Yeah, good luck trying to find a site with a simple list. And of course she can't remember. And she goes out to eat alot. GAH.

After 5 minutes of this the person would be saying: Look, do whatever you want. I have to go drown myself in the toilet now, BYE.

And she *almost* tried to launch into *other relatives* illness stories! I cut her off at the pass on that. I say - EASTERN STAR MOM! EASTERN STAR! Because my Gram was in that and she'd get a 'newsletter' and it was nothing but a long list of peoples' ailments. We used to laugh at it.

That usually works as a cut off. That, and I said I would try to look up gout foods. Why can't she look those up herself? No one knows.
I fpro liars want to ban abortion they should have to prove they've never had one. If they have they should be publicly outed as hypocrites.
Zzelda
I would not tell a guy what to do with his bits grinning smiley Well, medical wise. Or the interior things.

Or anyone else.

OMFG it just occurs to me a punishment for these hypocrites: They should have to listen to my Mom talk about health stuff. She has gout. Lord help ME! No I don't KNOW what it could have been! What did I eat? How in the hell should I know?

Oy. Vey.

I had to listen to this on the phone right now. I said I would try to look online. Yes, she's been to the doctor, a while ago, and she 'forgot all the foods". YARG!

Yeah, good luck trying to find a site with a simple list. And of course she can't remember. And she goes out to eat alot. GAH.

After 5 minutes of this the person would be saying: Look, do whatever you want. I have to go drown myself in the toilet now, BYE.

And she *almost* tried to launch into *other relatives* illness stories! I cut her off at the pass on that. I say - EASTERN STAR MOM! EASTERN STAR! Because my Gram was in that and she'd get a 'newsletter' and it was nothing but a long list of peoples' ailments. We used to laugh at it.

That usually works as a cut off. That, and I said I would try to look up gout foods. Why can't she look those up herself? No one knows.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20040310/how-diet-affects-gout

Click here to login