Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Response to post 898

Posted by Laphroaig 
Laphroaig
Response to post 898
January 28, 2006
Thanks for a great, honest post! I happen to know lots of women who have had abortions who don't feel "bad" about it in the least. In fact, they are some of the most vocal supporters of women's rights, because they know very personally how important it was to be able to make that choice. Kudos to you and all the other women out there who have the cojones (no pun intended) to speak out against the social stigma. I still think, we could all be at a cocktail party, and a man could say "I screwed around on my infertile wife, had a baby with my mistress and have now knocked up a new woman" and no one would give him as much shit as they'd give one sucessful woman who'd say "Yeah, I had an abortion 20 years ago."

Who did more emotional damage to whom?
Lady Cooper
Re: Response to post 908
January 29, 2006
That's awesome! Hey, do you mind if I fwd it to the idiot pro-lifer?

Shoot, here's her email: Tammy Grice, mstammy@mtaonline.net

Tell her what you think!
Lady Cooper
January 29, 2006
Hehehe, apparently our pro-lifer is a troll here. She sent me this not half an hour after I shared her email for you (I still want you to email her and talk to her about your beliefs if so inclined. Remember, be mature. lol.)

>Ms. Cooper,
>I did not give you permission to publish my email to you on another >website and give my name and email address. I will be forwarding this >information to your ISP provider.
>Tammy

Wow, because, you know, the Internet company cares that I shared her email on a forum. Oooooh!

Eh, the Internet's full of twits.
Tammy
January 29, 2006
Lady Cooper,
Funny that you ask the poster above you for permission to forward her post on a public website to me, but you post my email and name and email address without my permission. Very unlady-like, Ms. Cooper! I'll just add it to your mounting list of shameful acts. Shoot, maybe I will just forward it all to your ISP provider! Have a great, child-free day, I am sure YOUR child is much better off without you, as you have so eloquently said. Cheerio Daahhling!
Lady Cooper
January 29, 2006
Ah, pro-lifer troll, I'm mighty proud that my list of "shameful acts" is mounting. Hehehe!

Oooh! Bingo! Look! A bingo! grinning smiley I win!

Pro-lifers need to unwad their panties. Seriously.

Bingo!
The Purple Penguin
January 29, 2006
Tammy, stop being an idiot and go away to some Moo La-La-Land board or whatever the hell you breeders have. Oh, and well-behaved women rarely make history. So shut up.
Love,
an unladylike purple penguin
mercurior 1
January 29, 2006
ok i just have to shove in my fourpenneth.. this is a public forum, for us childfree, we have a lot of emails about the pro lifers, but guess what, we want the choice to decide (and before you ask i am male and i am engaged to a CF woman) do you want people who are psychologically unfit to be parents having kids and causing more child murders. so go back to where you get ur ego massaged by other moo's and pro lifers..
KidFreeLuvnLife
January 30, 2006
Hey Tammy, BEAT IT. Pains in the ass like you are a dime a dozen on our Childfree discussion boards so go bother someone who cares. And by the way, any idiot could find your email address and name, it's not a big secret, so stop harrassing Lady Cooper.
KB
January 30, 2006
Hey Tammy,
Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?
sprogless
January 30, 2006
Hey, Tammy,
Why don't you go back to your aborted- fetus sites, and weep for the children. As you can read, you must have figured out that your ilk isn't welcome here. You're preaching to the wrong crowd, here, Babe.
OhMyGodNoKids!
January 31, 2006
Heh, guess I missed the party. Well, it looks like Tammy got to read my rant any way. If you're still here, Tammy, I'd just love to reiterate that I haven't once regretted my decision to end my pregnancy. I shudder every time I think about what my life would be like if I were caring for a child right now.

As for the other option of having the baby and putting it up for adoption? While, yes, I agree this is a valid option, it was not the right option for me, nor for a lot of other women. I'm not sure that I understand how people who claim that abortion has lifelong negative effects on women can say "adoption" as if there are no lifelong effects of that choice. At least I know where my child is. I do not and will never have to wonder who is taking care of my child. What is she doing right now? Is she being well fed, well educated? Is someone abusing her? I don't have to worry that in 18, 25, 30 years a stranger will show up on my doorstep, demanding to know why I gave her up, why I didn't love her. For me, those thoughts are way more haunting that the knowledge that I chose not to bring an unwanted child into the world at all.

I appreciate the fact that you see your upbringing as an argument for putting babies up for adoption. But that is, after all, only one option. And it is not the right option for everyone. Just as abortion is not the right option for everyone.

As for all the development of the baby BS (sorry, I think it's BS), my personal opinion is that, if the fetus still has to rely on its mother to breath/process it's oxygen and digest its food, the fetus is a part of the mother's body. As such, while the fetus is still 100% reliant on the mother's body, the mother can choose what to do with this part of her body.
Anonymous User
January 31, 2006
Tammy

What are you doing on a child free message board in the first place?
People here are wondering what your real agenda is.

Why dont you pick up your udders and fuck off back to the moo boards where you belong.

Natty.
KidFreeLuvnLife
February 01, 2006
Good for you OhMyGodNoKids! I had an abortion, too, and I'd have another if an accident ever happened, since my doctor won't perform a tubal on me - says I'm too young. I'm 39. *SIGH* Adoption is not always the best option. Have you seen something in the rumblings about adoption records not being sealed? That your child can come back to you at any time, whether or not you want to be found, and want to get back into your life? And you all know what's next, this child could end up suing you for support, college tuition, you never know. And we all know what's going to happen if that shit starts, government will sign it right into action because after all, it's all for the sake of the chyylldrun. I'm sure you've seen what's also going on now, Roe vs. Wade is in serious trouble.
KB
February 01, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good for you OhMyGodNoKids! I had an abortion,
> too, and I'd have another if an accident ever
> happened, since my doctor won't perform a tubal on
> me - says I'm too young. I'm 39. *SIGH*
> Adoption is not always the best option. Have you
> seen something in the rumblings about adoption
> records not being sealed? That your child can
> come back to you at any time, whether or not you
> want to be found, and want to get back into your
> life? And you all know what's next, this child
> could end up suing you for support, college
> tuition, you never know. And we all know what's
> going to happen if that shit starts, government
> will sign it right into action because after all,
> it's all for the sake of the chyylldrun. I'm
> sure you've seen what's also going on now, Roe vs.
> Wade is in serious trouble.

You need a new doc, KFLL. My doc said he would do it and I was in my late thirties at the time.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.