Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That Time Of Year Again

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
That Time Of Year Again
March 25, 2008
This may be a little off-topic, but not much since it does seem that most of us on this board are animal lovers.

I talked to a friend last evening who works for a shelter in my home town. She said that yesterday alone, they got 11 bunnies from pahrunts who bought their kid the coveted "Easter Bunny" and now that Easter is over, bunny no longer has a home. Breeders like this piss me off to no end.

Also, we are approaching the time of the year when bunchers will be out in full swing, looking to steal family pets left outside unattended, strays, and will answer "Free to good home" ads in the newspapers to get animals to sell back to dealers who in turn sell them to testing laboratories. They can get as much as $50 for dogs. There have been instances where they've broken in to animal shelters and stolen shelter animals. Here are some links but there are tons of other resources on the 'net.

http://www.dogsonly.org/bunchers.html
http://www.metropettracker.com/bunchers.htm
http://www.stolenpets.com/
k-man
Re: That Time Of Year Again
March 26, 2008
It's not just the vivisectionists. People with large snakes such as pythons as "pets" are notorious for getting free kittens to feed to their snakes. Also, as the Vick dog-fighting affair exposed, owners of pit bulls used to fight likewise use kittens to train the dogs to kill.

I apologize for having to post the previous two sentences, but you need to know the unpleasant truth.

If you have kittens or puppies you cannot keep, at least never give them away for free. Charge something, even if it's only $1 or £1 each. Some authorities say that helps prevent some of this.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2008
In both posts above, the people mentioned have no regard for the well being of animals. Trailer trash, all of them.

"A nations progress can be judged by how they treat their animals" - Gandhi.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Roger Caras

"If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life" - Roger Caras
March 27, 2008
cats are pretty awesome too. And I'd say fish and orchids rank several dozen levels above children any day.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
March 27, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I talked to a friend last evening who works for a
> shelter in my home town. She said that yesterday
> alone, they got 11 bunnies from pahrunts who
> bought their kid the coveted "Easter Bunny" and
> now that Easter is over, bunny no longer has a
> home. Breeders like this piss me off to no end.

I only wish that the roles here were reversed and bunnies could do this to breeders. If the breeders don't get new homes after five minutes, they will be "put to sleep." grinning smiley

> Also, we are approaching the time of the year when
> bunchers will be out in full swing, looking to
> steal family pets left outside unattended, strays,
> and will answer "Free to good home" ads in the
> newspapers to get animals to sell back to dealers
> who in turn sell them to testing laboratories.
> They can get as much as $50 for dogs. There have
> been instances where they've broken in to animal
> shelters and stolen shelter animals. Here are
> some links but there are tons of other resources
> on the 'net.
>
The bunchers should do this to brats and their breeders; it would be a great way to make good use of these wastes of life. Breeders like to say that their crotch trash will be the next cancer curers and this is a way for both breeders and their spawn to help this cause.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
March 28, 2008
I do not think humans should belong on the same planet as animals if they treat them like that.=P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login