Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yet another CF blog closes down

Posted by liz 
Yet another CF blog closes down
April 02, 2008
I don't know if anyone here ever read it, but despite the sometime breeder pleasing, I used to read the Purple Women blog.

I moseyed on over there today only to read the owner is closing down - comments will be open but there'll be no new articles. So I assume everything will be deleted eventually.

I think it's a shame anytime a CF blog/website shuts down. The Internet is fucking riddled with moomie blogs. A lot of CFers don't know many other CF people IRL, and online communities provide their only connection (no pun intended).

Pity.
Re: Yet another CF blog closes down
April 03, 2008
I was beginning to think someone should put a fork in that blog anyway. (Not that I have been doing much better.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
April 03, 2008
I have a blog, and I'm childfree, but being CF is only part of what I blog about.

Actually, I'd be interested in hearing from other CF folks who have similar "regular" blogs. I enjoy having new blogs to read, they don't have to specifically be about the CF life... just life in general.
April 03, 2008
This is really the only place I post for a few reasons.

1. time constraints and this is pretty much the one-stop shop for all my CF needs

2. other boards have breeder trolls that you have to be nice to or you get kicked off

3. other boards end up being discussion boards about CF vs breeding and the dumb moos are forever trying to prove their tired old points or they set about bingoing you half to death

While the other boards are all very good, I just pretty much hang around here.
April 03, 2008
I like this board for pretty much the same reasons. Selfish Heathens doesn't mind if we pwn the trolls, but they don't have a very big problem with trolls because of their gatekeeper requirements. Also, that forum is so fragmented and you have to write posts to keep your membership active. I found myself making posts there just for that reason, so I stopped. This board is nice and simple, and no avatars, no "ratings", no beaurocracy except for the anti-spam software and CAPTCHA where you sometimes have to copy-and-repost your messages.

WKYN kicked me off for making a wisecrack about something totally un-CF-related. They eventually restored my account, but I want no part of that clique (search their forum if you want more details).

PCF is also loaded with fence-sitters and breeder-pleasers.

When we have nowhere else to go, we will move to Mercurior's message board. It's the Child-free floating life-raft. What a good name for a blog(!) If I didn't have a name for mine, I'd use that!
April 03, 2008
i came here from turtles old site, this came to being , then i created one , but others hopefully will make their own boards and so on.. Until the web resounds with the cries of the cf "DAMN KIDS" not i would have gotten away with it but for those damned kidswink

unfortunatly, or fortunatly, they havent found the board, even if they did i have member only rooms, guest rooms, whihc can be quickly converted to members only. the britgirl is a good cf blog, i know we are somewhat more.. militant

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I'm with KFLL. I come here for all things CF. I like that we can let loose, and you all crack me up.winking smiley
April 07, 2008
I go to some of the following CF blogs...I've included the [DELETE] to prevent referrals.

childfreeclique.blogspot[delete].com
www.thebritgirl.[delete].com
childfreenews.blogspot[delete].com

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login