Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Birth Rape" - a.k.a. Moos not getting their fantasy childbirths

Posted by Cambion 
Re: "Birth Rape" - a.k.a. Moos not getting their fantasy childbirths
December 24, 2012
blackpearl
solarsong
Granted, they treat you more like cattle and less like a woman when it comes to reproduction. I can understand how it would be violating for a doctor to do something to you without telling you beforehand or overriding your wishes.

I also understood that...i know that there are women being drama queens over not having the dream birth but i've also read horror stories in which doctors treat you like cattle when it comes to reproduction issues. Like not respecting your body at all, riping you and sowing back like a piece of meat and besides that making some remarks which are the last thing you need while in agony.

I've also heard women talking between them about these horrors and it got stuck in my mind the experience of one of my mom's work colleagues. She gave birth naturally and one of the nurses told her to shut the fuck up with the screaming because she liked it when she fucked and shoved a towel in her mouth.:hs

Of course, i wouldn't call it rape but lack of disrespect.

In any state in the US that would get your license revoked and possibly criminal charges.

Cambion
I guess those silly doctors assume that these laboring women want as much done as can be done to save them and their loaves, including possible C-sections.

If a medical procedure was done (or not done) against your will and it caused you some kind of injury (like a surgeon leaving a scalpel in your abdomen), then it's malpractice. Of course, what constitutes malpractice in OB varies quite widely. Moos will sue if their child is born with so much as an eyelash missing. If a medical procedure was forced on you that you did not consent to, it's not sexual assault. It may be a lot of things, but it is neither sexual nor assault.

On the other hand, laboring Moos aren't exactly known for being sane and altogether mentally, so doctors will probably ignore their hysterics because they cannot be trusted to be rational when they're birthing ten pounds of flesh. And if the doctor listens to the Moo and doesn't do a C-section or doesn't yank Junior out with forceps, Moo will sue if her kid comes out brain damaged or dead due to HER refusal. Or if Moo dies because she refused a C-section and bled to death, her family will sue.

I think one would have to be fuckin' nuts to be an OB these days. With all these crunchy Moos wanting designer births, basically every other loaf is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I think in many cases people don't realize that they should expect pain when going into certain medical procedures, childbirth one of them, and think that pain or complications arising naturally from those procedures (I am not talking about the drs fucking up, but perhaps when doctors have to adjust based on the person's specific situation) it is there right to take them to the cleaners. In many cases, they get what they want.

What is really scary, legally speaking, for doctors, is that they don't even need to cause harm to someone to get in a lot of legal trouble. I remember a case from my first year of law school where an ear doctor was operating on a patient's ear, and noticed that there was a problem unrelated to the original need for surgery, and went in and fixed it. Both the operation and the extra procedure went fine, with no complications, but the patient sued the doctor for battery and won. Granted, that was a tort case, which means the law is generally decided at a state level, but the reality is that this IS the law in many jurisdictions, and people can sue for beneficial surgeries because they didn't commit to that specific procedure. Considering how insane these crunchy moos are, many doctors really are fucked in this respect.

I have strong feelings on OB/GYNs, because I do believe in many cases that they don't have our best interest at heart. My old gyno refused to give me an IUD or anything besides BCP, even though BCP have a tendency to make me into a crazy person, because I am "young and unmarried and haven't had any babies yet", so "she didn't feel right about it." My new gyno, even though the waiting room is full of smug pregnant women, easily prescribed me the IUD (though she did bingo me when I asked about Essure or a tubal), and told me to come back once I had my period and she'd put it right in. It extends to the breeders as well as the CF, as I know of a case of someone who's husband had a "family tradition" where the women would deliver the family's children naturally. She had a very difficult childbirth, and the doctor actually listened to the husband when he stated that the delivery must be natural. The baby turned out to be healthy, but the natural birth completely ruined her reproductive system (she had subsequent children through surrogacy, and I am an asshole and wondering if they required the surrogate to also deliver naturally...). Clearly, the OB did not have this woman's best interests at heart when he listened to her husband's insistance on her stupid family tradition. So I get the paranoia to an extent. However, this whole "birth rape" crap really does fuck it up for those doctors who do have their patient's best interest at heart.

And the birth rape thing is really offensive to actual rape victims. An unpleasant experience with birth is not rape, and similarly, pain in connection to medically necessary procedures in private ares is a MEDICAL issue, not a sexual issue. Getting my IUD hurt like hell, and took two attempts to get in (I'm a major pain wimp), but there is no logical reason to claim assault. Equating pain incurred for medical reasons to rape is beyond insensitive.
December 24, 2012
brattymcpants
The baby turned out to be healthy, but the natural birth completely ruined her reproductive system (she had subsequent children through surrogacy, and I am an asshole and wondering if they required the surrogate to also deliver naturally...).

Because having babies via a surrogate is totally natchural. smile rolling left righteyes2 I see animals in the wild doing that shit all the time.
December 25, 2012
Wow, What a bunch of selfish, self-absorbed bitches. So their birth experience is more important than a healthy loaf? Most mothers who are not terminally self-absorbed are hoping for a live, healthy child. The selfishness and self-centeredness of moos never fails to amaze me. Of course I wonder sometimes if some moos aren't pleased when the loaf turns out to be defective in some way. A chance to attention-whore and possibly get government money for the defecto-loaf. Sickening.
December 25, 2012
drake
"one of the nurses told her to shut the fuck up with the screaming because she liked it when she fucked and shoved a towel in her mouth"

I must be an enormous bitch, but I find this funny.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

Me, too. It's probably true, too.
December 25, 2012
MerlynHerne
drake
"one of the nurses told her to shut the fuck up with the screaming because she liked it when she fucked and shoved a towel in her mouth"

I must be an enormous bitch, but I find this funny.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

Me, too. It's probably true, too.

I'm also laughing. I'd pay good money to see it.
December 25, 2012
@brattymcpants, you make some good points. I think a lot of people seem to think that just because you're going to a doctor, that means there will be no pain involved (meanwhile, others believe that a doctor will do nothing but hurt you and not help you at all). People may expect general discomfort or minor pain that comes with shit like getting an IV. Or, as you also said, that just because they are in a hospital, there will be no complications. Depending on the patient's condition, sometimes complications can be prepared for. Other times, they are totally out of the blue.

I would be more understanding of women saying, "I would prefer to have a vaginal birth, but please only do a C-section as a last resort if things go very badly wrong." It would do these crunchy Moos well to understand that C-sections are fucking invasive surgery and carry their own set of risks, so it's not something that a doctor will perform just for shits and giggles. If it gets done, it's probably for a relatively good reason. There are doctors out there who probably will just do a C-section for convenience or so they can charge the patient more $$$, but I think such doctors are the exception and not the rule.

I once got medicated for a month with antibiotics for something I didn't even have. Can I claim medicinal rape and go screaming about it online?
December 25, 2012
thom_c
blackpearl
solarsong
Granted, they treat you more like cattle and less like a woman when it comes to reproduction. I can understand how it would be violating for a doctor to do something to you without telling you beforehand or overriding your wishes.

I also understood that...i know that there are women being drama queens over not having the dream birth but i've also read horror stories in which doctors treat you like cattle when it comes to reproduction issues. Like not respecting your body at all, riping you and sowing back like a piece of meat and besides that making some remarks which are the last thing you need while in agony.

I've also heard women talking between them about these horrors and it got stuck in my mind the experience of one of my mom's work colleagues. She gave birth naturally and one of the nurses told her to shut the fuck up with the screaming because she liked it when she fucked and shoved a towel in her mouth.:hs

In any state in the US that would get your license revoked and possibly criminal charges.

That was Romania where most of ob/gyns behave like that (probably a reminiscence from the communist times when women were treated like incubators). I had very bad experiences with 2 of these doctors when i was 13 and having heavy periods. I was called a lying whore in front of my mom because they didn't believe i was a virgin, instead they thought i have a miscarriage.smile rolling left righteyes2
blackpearl
thom_c
blackpearl
solarsong

That was Romania where most of ob/gyns behave like that (probably a reminiscence from the communist times when women were treated like incubators). I had very bad experiences with 2 of these doctors when i was 13 and having heavy periods. I was called a lying whore in front of my mom because they didn't believe i was a virgin, instead they thought i have a miscarriage.smile rolling left righteyes2
Happened to me too. I was 16, delirious from the worst cramps ever, and my mom gets on the phone with the nurse hotline. They decide that since I have a boyfriend now, perhaps these hideous cramps are a miscarriage.
Well gee, every month since I was 11 they've been this bad, but now, NOW it's a miscarriage???

Fuck you mom, and that stupid nurse too. You get percoset for cramps just as bad as mine, I get nothing but accusations.

If it had been a miscarriage you neglected me medically, you sick fuck. You need followup care to make sure it all came out, from my understanding.
(Fortunately I've been very careful/lucky with contraception and NEVER CONCEIVED. EVER!)
December 25, 2012
Although I too have had some less than stellar experiences with nurses and doctors, I don't for one second believe that a nurse ever told a laboring mother to shut up, that she liked fucking, and then gagged her. That woman is either an outright liar, or she was stoned on drugs and hallucinated.
December 25, 2012
gymrat
Although I too have had some less than stellar experiences with nurses and doctors, I don't for one second believe that a nurse ever told a laboring mother to shut up, that she liked fucking, and then gagged her. That woman is either an outright liar, or she was stoned on drugs and hallucinated.

My mother had a biopsy for her fibroid and besides the fact that they did the whole thing without any anaesthetic, they didn't give a shit after that and sent her home in pain. After few days she got such bad infection, we had to call an ambulance. Yes, that was also in Romania. And they charged her for hospital food although she didn't receive any. We found out later that many women got toubles from the same hospital ("hospital for women") because they don't sterilize their tools properly.

My best friend had the same treatment from a gyn when she was taking the pill for acnee. The doctor was a bit too rough and my friend told het that, just to be met with "of course when you spread your legs, you liked it".

I've lived for 23 years there and i've seen too often how some of these doctors behave...i don't think she's lying
December 25, 2012
blackpearl
gymrat

My mother had a biopsy for her fibroid and besides the fact that they did the whole thing without any anaesthetic, they didn't give a shit after that and sent her home in pain. After few days she got such bad infection, we had to call an ambulance. Yes, that was also in Romania. And they charged her for hospital food although she didn't receive any. We found out later that many women got toubles from the same hospital ("hospital for women") because they don't sterilize their tools properly.

My best friend had the same treatment from a gyn when she was taking the pill for acnee. The doctor was a bit too rough and my friend told het that, just to be met with "of course when you spread your legs, you liked it".

I've lived for 23 years there and i've seen too often how some of these doctors behave...i don't think she's lying
Wow...Some of these crunchy hippie moos in this country don't realize how good they have it! Between the doulas, the midwives, and the doctors and nurses all kissing their asses, not to mention their trampled-on husbands, no wonder they get all pissy when it doesn't all go their way.
December 25, 2012
gymrat
Wow...Some of these crunchy hippie moos in this country don't realize how good they have it! Between the doulas, the midwives, and the doctors and nurses all kissing their asses, not to mention their trampled-on husbands, no wonder they get all pissy when it doesn't all go their way.

That's what I also said to myself when I read about "birth rape" wow!...I thought it was about doctors being disrespectful. The concept of being a bitch for not getting the dream birth is totally foreign to me. Where I grew up there is not such a thing, women are just grateful to get a doctor who treats them ok.
December 25, 2012
I admit some doctors can be complete assholes. My stepdad's old doctor got sued for malpractice or something. But I have a hard time believing anything from these crunchy moos since they have a tendency to exaggerate things.
December 25, 2012
Wow! How DARE those ebil doctors actually save the lives of moo and her spawn!

I would've thought "birth rape" would mean the ob/gyn actually had forced sex with her when she was in labor. How dramatic and ridiculous to call what's described here as "rape".

jbs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login