Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

to go with bikini wax, push up bras for 7 year olds

Posted by mercurior 
to go with bikini wax, push up bras for 7 year olds
April 15, 2008
Tesco slammed over 'bust booster' bra that targets seven-year-olds
Last updated at 11:29am on 14th April 2008

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=559571&in_page_id=1770

Supermarket giant Tesco has been slammed for selling a padded bra marketed at girls as young as seven.

The "bust-booster" is sold alongside vests in the seven to eight years clothing range and was modelled on a plunge style that is designed to draw attention to a woman's cleavage.

Fashion lecturer Davis Morris said it was "salacious" while mothers called for the £4 Cherokee bra to be removed.

Too much too young: The padded bra for sale in Tesco's girls' department

Mum-of-two Julie Stephens, 36, from north London, said: "I was shocked when I saw it. For a product like this to be aimed at children is appalling."

A spokesman for the National Union of Teachers said it was an "irresponsible" decision, while the children's charity the NSPCC said: "It is important that products accessible to children are appropriate to their age and understanding."

Tesco: 'It is a product designed for girls at that self-conscious age'
But a spokesman for Tesco defended the company's decision to sell the bras and said: "It is a product designed for girls at that self-conscious age when they are just developing.

"Designed to cover up, not flatter, it was developed after speaking to parents."

This is not the first time Tesco has been criticised for selling inappropriate products aimed at children. In 2006, the supermarket had to remove a pole-dancing kit from the toy section of its website after it was accused of "destroying kids' innocence".

Ms Stephens, 36, added: "A padded bra or an uplift bra aims to draw attention to a woman's cleavage. Children grow up quickly enough as it is. The last thing they need is a product like this."

The NSPCC added: "Making products for young girls which encourage them to wear inappropriate and sexually provocative clothes is irresponsible

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: to go with bikini wax, push up bras for 7 year olds
April 15, 2008
Why is it that parents can pimp up their daughters a la Jon Benet Ramsey, yet, there are laws that get people in deep shit for "inappropriately leering" at a child?

WTF is up with that?

Pahrunts, if you don't want anyone looking at your kid, then don't dress her up like a little whore.
>>>>>>>"It is a product designed for girls at that self-conscious age when they are just developing.

"Designed to cover up, not flatter, it was developed after speaking to parents."

How did we live w/o this crap when we were developing? Maybe that is why they get a wax at 8 y.o., so they don't have to hide in the pool dressing rooms like I did when I developed early....

Kydds aren't gonna have any self-esteem because they never go thru anything to actually develop any.
BTW, my 11 y.o. Niece wears make-up, a push-up bra, a low neckline, and loooowww rider pants every day. She wears these to family functions.

They probably aren't allowed around the block w/o paruntal supervision or the cell phone, but this is allowed.

I'm gonna laff heartedly when she gets preggers at 16, then SIL and the rest of her peanut gallery can lecture me about the joys of parunthood. grinning smiley

Then, I can't wait to post it all here and say I told ya so, even tho they won't ever see it.tongue sticking out smiley
Please do, I look forward to this ..
I always thought the sexualization of children was a sick American thing.

Guess not.

This world is fucked up...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login