Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Battle royale

Posted by mercurior 
Battle royale
April 15, 2008
I love this film,

Its set in the near future, in japan, where unemployment is at 15%, and kids are out of control. so the adults make a law called the BR act, or battle royale.

And once a year, one class is chosen by lottery, to do battle royale.

They are put on a deserted island and they have to kill each other until only 1 is left. they are given weapons, and food for 3 days, after 3 days if there isnt a single winner. They all die.

adults distrust the kids, kids distrust the adults. but adults have the power.

If you can watch it.. do so.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
Re: Battle royale
April 16, 2008
I'm going to look this up ...
Thanks, merc. smiling smiley
April 16, 2008
http://imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

Forty-two delinquent students, three days, one deserted Island: welcome to Battle Royale. A group of delinquent students from a Japanese high school have been forced by legislation to compete in a new forum of reality television.The students are each given a bag with a randomly selected weapon and a few rations of food and water and sent off to kill each other in a no-holds-barred (with a few minor rules) game to the death, which means that the students have three days to kill each other until one survives--or they all die. The movie focus on a few of the students and how they cope. Some decide to play the game like the psychotic Kiriyama or the sexual Mistuko, while others like the heroes of the movie--Shuya, Noriko, and Kawada--are trying to find a way to get off the Island without violence. However, as the numbers dwell down lower and lower on an hourly basis, is there any way for Shuya and classmates to survive? Written by Prissy Panda Princess

In the beginning of the 21st Century, the economy of Japan is near a total collapse, with high rates of unemployment and students boycotting their classes. The government approves the Battle Royale Act, where one class is randomly selected and the students are sent to an island wearing necklaces with few supplies and one weapon. After three days, they have to kill each other and the survivor wins his or her own life as a prize. The 42 students of a ninth-grade class are selected to participate in the survival game and abducted while traveling in their bus. Under the command of their former teacher Kitano, they have to eliminate each other following the rules of the sadistic game where only one wins. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Ninth-grade students are taken to a small isolated island with a map, food, and various arms. They have to fight each other for three days until the last one remains, and they are forced to wear a special collar that will explode when they break a rule. Written by Killer-40

A random class of Japanese ninth-grade students are--in this fictional universe--randomly selected by a fascist government lottery. They are kidnapped and forced onto an isolated island, where they are equipped with food, water, a map, and a random weapon. On the island, they have to compete in a violent death-match game till only one victor remains. Failure to follow the rules or participate in the death match results in death by an exploding collar that everyone has to wear. Written by Artificial_Lifeform

At the dawn of the new millennium, Japan is in a a state of near-collapse. Unemployment is at an all-time high, and violence among the nation's youth is spiraling out of control. With schoolchildren boycotting their classes and physically abusing their teachers, a beleaguered and near-defeated government decides to introduce a radical new measure: the Battle Royale Act Overseen by their former teacher Kitano and requiring that a randomly chosen school class is taken to a deserted island and forced to fight each other to the death, the Act dictates that only one pupil is allowed to survive the punishment. He or she will return, not as the victor, but as the ultimate proof of the lengths to which the government is prepared to go to curb the tide of juvenile disobedience. Written by josh

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Gigabyte
March 21, 2009
I watched this film Merc, I wish this law comes in for those teen brats that show no respect for society.
March 21, 2009
its an interesting film, doubt it would be remade in america.

Anonymous User
March 21, 2009
I have seen it and it's excellent. I also recommend How to get rid of others.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478365/
A satirical drama revealing the consequences of the Danish government's "New Copenhagen Criteria", a new policy aiming at securing the nation's survival. Citizens who fail to meet the criteria - those who have received more from society than what they have contributed - are eliminated.
The idea is interesting, but I was a little bit disappointed towards the end. Still, it's worth it and it's amusing.
March 21, 2009

its an interesting film, doubt it would be remade in america.

Oh, I wouldn't go saying that. Especially if it's a Japanese movie, someone will get the idea that they can do it American-style. Chaps my butt that so many people would rather see a crappy remake than watch the original foreign film and read subtitles angry smiley

Stephen King wrote a novella called "The Long Walk". Young men put their names in a drawing; those chosen took part in a non-stop walking marathon. Soldiers patrolled the trek and killed (after three warnings) any who slowed down past a certain pace. There was no quitting, either. Quitters were summarily shot. Mind, these young men had to walk, with no breaks, eating and performing other bodily functions as they went. The last one standing was given The Prize: anything they wished for. Each year there was an overabundance of young men who entered the lottery so they were given psychological and intelligence tests. From the details of each character in this particular Walk, the reader can surmise that this is a yearly thinning process in the ranks of young men who might develop the character and following to be a problem for the government.

King seemed to have carried that theme around for awhile. 'Running Man' - which in no way was like that execrable Arnold Schar-I-can't-spell-it movie - predated our current reality shows, but sure does have an uncanny resemblance - taken to an even higher level than being voted off the island :cool
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login