Posted by Jaquana 
Jaquana
Teen Moo Charged With Drowning Loaf
April 24, 2008
Teen mother charged with murder in baby's drowning held on $600,000 bail
Teen didn't want to be a mother, officials say
By Robert Mitchum and Dan P. Blake | Tribune reporters
9:47 PM CDT, April 23, 2008

A South Side teenage mother who authorities said no longer wanted a baby because she couldn't go to parties was held on $600,000 bond Wednesday on charges that she drowned her 5-month-old daughter in a bathtub earlier this month.

Rozlynn Rodgers, 19, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder in the April 4 death of her daughter, Makalah, at their home in the 7800 block of South Ingleside Avenue. She later told authorities that she drowned the child because she no longer wanted to be a mother, officials said.

Rodgers told police "she didn't want to be a mom anymore because she couldn't go to parties if she had to take care of the baby," Assistant State's Atty. Mary Anna Planey said Wednesday during a bond hearing before Judge Laura Sullivan.

Planey said that Rodgers placed the baby in a full bathtub on the afternoon of April 4. When the child slid under the water, Rodgers sat and watched for several minutes, Planey said. Another person in the house called 911 after Rodgers removed Makalah from the bathtub.

The baby later was pronounced dead of cardiac arrest, and the medical examiner reported that her lungs were saturated with water, Planey said. Though the original autopsy by the Cook County medical examiner's office was inconclusive, the manner of death was later changed to homicide, police spokeswoman Laura Kubiak said Wednesday.

Rodgers also was charged with aggravated battery to a police officer after she attacked a police officer during her arrest, Kubiak said. While in custody Tuesday, Rodgers became disruptive and knocked over a table in an interview room, Planey said. Later, Rodgers scratched, punched, kicked and spat in the face of a detective, Planey said.

A public defender said Rodgers was a full-time student at Las Casas Occupational High School and planned to graduate in June. Her next court appearance will be on May 12.

The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services launched an investigation into allegations of death by neglect the day Makalah died, spokesman Kendall Marlowe said. He said the agency had no prior contact with the family and that there were no other children in the home.

rmitchum@tribune.com dpblake@tribune.com
Anonymous User
Re: Teen Moo Charged With Drowning Loaf
April 24, 2008
-------------------------------------------------------
"The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services launched an investigation into allegations of death by neglect the day Makalah died, spokesman Kendall Marlowe said. He said the agency had no prior contact with the family and that there were no other children in the home."

"Death by neglect"......because she neglected to pull the baby out of the water she'd deliberately dropped it into in the first place?
April 24, 2008
What a stellar example of parenting - I wonder if she was inpired by the great Andrea Yates.

Umm, if you didn't want the kid, why the fuck did you have it, retard? This girl is so concerned about partying that I'm shocked she wasn't one of those mothers who would take their baby to a party and find it hilarious to feed the kid hard liquor.

I feel awful for the baby - drowning is a terrible way to go for anyone. And the fact the girl sat there and watched the kid drown is pretty chilling too.
April 24, 2008
If you don't want a kid, either 1. have an abortion, or 2. give it up for adoption. Why is it so hard to form an educated decision on something you really don't want? This is all so needless. At least the police stay busy.

And wow, April 4, while she was drowning her kid in the bathtub, I was having my annual 2.5 hour reading done by my excellent psychic. Gee, I sure am missing out on parenthood.
KFLF- LMAO!!

It is rather chilling that she watched it, what a fucked-up little whore. But hey guys, remeeeeeeember, this is our F U T U R E . Batten your hatches and secure your own financial lives folks, we must prepare for our older years because these little bastards aren't going to dictate mine!
Many states have provisions for moos to abandon unwanted infants at such places as fire stations—no questions asked, no charges, no repercussions. But perhaps this stupid wench was too busy wanting to party to take the time to do even that.

Abandonment at a safe haven for future adoption would have been far, far better than what this baby suffered at the hands of its moo, but there's a sick attitude that has taken hold among some younger people that giving up a child for adoption is somehow "cruel to the child". Don't ask me how anyone would conclude that—especially if killing it after birth is the "alternative" as in this case.
From the story: "Rodgers also was charged with aggravated battery to a police officer after she attacked a police officer during her arrest, Kubiak said. While in custody Tuesday, Rodgers became disruptive and knocked over a table in an interview room, Planey said. Later, Rodgers scratched, punched, kicked and spat in the face of a detective, Planey said."

Yeah, she sounds like a real intelligent winner-type anyway. Won't be too many parties for her for the next 10 years or so. sad smiley
Anonymous User
April 25, 2008
grinning smiley grinning smiley

Maybe it's Friday, but the title of this thread made me laugh out loud. Something about "loaf" that just brings a smile to my face.

TMIJITW: Ur doin' it wrong.
CF VTer: I also LOL everytime I see this headline: ..."charged with drowing LOAF" - LMAO!!!

Although in all seriousness, it's horrible.

loaf...too funny
April 25, 2008
I think this is an excellent idea. If more places were accepting of baby drop-offs, I think there may be a lot less baby murdering going on.

I surmise, possibly, the reason most teen moos keep their kid is:

1. not being able to drop the kid off somewhere, fearing that they'd be questioned to death about it
2. their family would ride them like Zorro about keeping the kid and
3. the baybee daddy might have a say in it.

k-man Wrote:
> Many states have provisions for moos to abandon
> unwanted infants at such places as fire
> stations—no questions asked, no charges, no
> repercussions.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2008
That's quite true......if there were fewer baby murders there wouldn't be so many of them, numerically speaking.
Why didn't this POS trash excuse for a mother get herself STERILIZED to begin with? I just hope the criminal justice system EUTHANIZES this subhuman. How callous and cruel can you get? I'm sure she wouldn't do that to a pet, but a baby - no problem!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login