Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just discovered childfree

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Just discovered childfree
April 26, 2008
Hi! I just recently discovered the childfree movement, and boy, am I glad I did before I made a terrible mistake.

I'm a 16 year old girl, still just a "kid" in most people's eyes, but the moment I found out what it means to be childfree, I thought, "Sign me up!" I've always felt pregnancy was disgusting and nasty, and hated babies and younger kids since I was little. It bothered me that everyone would drop what they were doing and crowd around to squeal over something that looked barely human. My dogs were way cuter, but I never saw anyone squealing over them.

I remember the first time I ever got bingoed was when I told a classmate during grade school that I couldn't stand anyone younger than five. She replied, "So, did you hate yourself when you were five?" I wasn't eloquent enough to come up with a snarky response, but needless to say, I've never liked kids.

It's not just little ones, either. I'm pretty confident and self-aware, but I'm often mistaken for a loner because I don't like the teens around me much. The vast majority of them are all self-centered, shallow, boring, and terribly ungrateful to their parents. There are maybe three girls and two boys at my high school who I would consider responsible people. I promise that CFers are definitely not missing out on anything.

When I go off to college, I plan on getting a ball python. They can live 40 years, so for my entire reproductive period I'll have a built-in excuse not to have kids: "My python is allergic." Nothing better than a five-foot-long fanged carnivore to keep the baby-obsessed away!

(Never mind that ball pythons are friendly and will happily fit in a small purse...But the breeders don't need to know that.)
Re: Just discovered childfree
April 26, 2008
welcome, oasis, glad you have found CFdom, its a liberating experience.

We discuss things on here, have arguments, but its a good board with good intelligent people for the most part.

some are long time cf, some are new, some only just realised cf existed a few years ago (me).

so welcome. There are other boards, some less militant, some more. But we are all CF.

so welcome

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 26, 2008
Hello Oasis!

I think I knew all my life I didn't want kids; but when I was a teenager, CF didn't exist to the extent that it does now (I'm 26). I just discovered this movement around a year and a half ago, and it was definitely liberating! I was so happy to find other people who felt the same way I did, and also made me realize that my life is not less "valid" or "important" than the childed.

I too got mistaken for a loner in high school. The truth was, most of my friends were either older than me or they went to other high schools. I thought the majority of people my age were dumbasses who only cared about how many people they could sleep with or how trendy their clothes were. I had the last laugh when most of those people sprogged during school or right after graduation, and I did a bunch of cool things like traveling, college, etc.

By the way, I think a python would be a much better companion than a BAYBEE.
April 26, 2008
I've known I was childfree for like forever. My choice already pisses people off, but I know they are just jealous as hell. This is a awesome web site. We don't let people troll here. So feel free to unleash. We do! Being childfree by choice is a very liberating choice. I love every minute of it.

lab mom
April 27, 2008
Welcome, Oasis! I felt the same. I did not like other kids when I was a child. I was born in 1964. Screaming brats made me cringe even though parents were more strict back in the Day. High school sucked because I also did not like being around other teenagers. I would wander around by myself after lunch until the bell rang...unless another 'oddity' like me took an interest. Teen boys...gag me! Going with older fellows was not the best of choices. Regardless of my feeling more mature, I was not hip to the mind games of those relationships. Yet, I am glad I did stay away from the high schoolers. Oh yeah...people will say you are 'too young' but they will never tell an 18/year-old newly married chick that she is 'too young' to continue her pregnancy. Gotta love the hypocrisy... lurking
April 28, 2008
Welcome! I've always known I never wanted kids either; never liked kids even as a kid.

Be strong, you've got a lot of years of pestering ahead of you.
JeremyUSMNT
April 28, 2008
There need to be more 16 year olds like you out there, Oasis! Bless you for being so sure of yourself at such a young age. I'm 21 and I'll be the first to tell you that from now until at least then, and probably a few years afterward, there are idiots who even a day older than you will pull the "Well what do you know? You're just __ years old, you'll change your mind!" card at every chance they get. Pay them no mind, they just regret their choices and want company for their misery.

If you look hard enough, you will find people (like us) who relate to you. Maybe not while you're still in High School, but once you travel and see more of the world, you'll be able to seperate yourself from the BINGOing Breeder masses and find contentment.

I'm loving the Ball Python idea too! I saw one in the pet store a month ago and thought "All of these reptiles are so underrated. I hope they find good homes". Glad to know at least one of them will!
April 28, 2008
I knew but i didnt KNOW, until a few years ago. I would have been a father if i hadnt dodged the bullet. Since discovering i was CF, my life has become a bit easier.

And we are here oasis, if you ever get bingo'd too much.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Dark-Star
April 30, 2008
Welcome, Oasis! Glad you found out about the CF choice and it's benefits so soon. I'm a teenager myself and am very glad for this board and others like it.
May 13, 2008
I'm new too- Welcome! this is an awesome place and it will definitely help you keep your head on straight. I wish I'd had your presence of mind at 16- there are wonderful folks here- heed their wise counsel.
May 13, 2008
we may butt heads on occasion, but i think most of us are adult enough to know we can still butt heads and still agree they have valid points. welcome rose, have fun..

Rapunzel111
May 14, 2008
Hi Oasis!
Welcome to the coolest place on the web for CF'ers.
I feel exactly like you do,and i was born in 1968.
You will have a lifetime of pestering to contend with,but it is worth it to be able to live you r life on your terms.The best way to deal with this at work is to tell people you "Haven't met the right man to marry yet and you'd never consider having children without being married.I have used this to shut people up about my not wanting kids because others will look at you and treat you like you are a two headed alien.Not wanting sprogs in our society is as popular as an idea as farting in church is.
You will also have to deal with major jealousy from other people who have kids.They are one bitter group of complainers.Just remember that when others treat you in a nasty way that they are just jealous because all of your time and money belongs to to no one but you.
Dating is another challenge.You must be honest with people and not lead them to believe that you want kids at all.Some men will believe that they can convert you into mother material.Don't even give the the slightest inkling that you can be swayed and tell them up front that if they want kids that they are wasting their time and need to take a hike.
Just remember I have officially warned you.Good luck Dearie,and remember that being Cf is never going to be easy,and anything worth doing never is,but you will receive less opposition from people if they don't know that you are CF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login