Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My mom did it again: she begged for grandsprogs in front of other people

Posted by Anonymous User 
Yesterday was Russian Easter. I was baptized, but I didn't have a choice. Anyway, I just celebrate Easter because the food is amazing and we invite loads of people over, drink vodka, which is great.

I knew the gf of one of DH's oldest friends was pregnant. I had completely forgotten about it. Then my mom upon learning that demanded why I had not told her. I answered I thought it was irrelevant and now she knew. Period. My mom then uttered: You're next! And women that don't have children... blah blah blah... the rest got drowned in the background. I just answered: Actually, I was contemplating getting sterilized. I don't especially like kids, the whole pregnasty aspect disgusts me and not be able to enjoy silence when I want to really chaps my ass. I also refuse to have kids as a defiant act against my mother. I grew up doing all she wanted and being the good girl. When I got my appartment and my freedom, I said fuck that shit. I'm my own boss now. She never listens to me and always interrupts. Whatever I say, she proclaims the contrary. Most of the time, I clearly can't stand her. She even told my husbands friends' girlfriends that she was hoping I would change my mind. saying 'wtf':

Later on, when the guests had all left and my mom too, we breathed a sigh of relief and went for a nice walk in the park to see squirrels and doggies run. We chatted and confirmed kids were clearly not for us. We agreed that should we be pressured by our families to spawn, we would do it so badly and would resent the kid(s) for ruining our lives. After all, children are a strain on a marriage and the cause of divorce, at least a major cause.
Mrs. Ogre, I also felt I grew up trying to be a 'good girl' and make my mother/family happy. At least, I am extremely fortunate my mom was more than supportive of my childfree decision even though other issues still exist. I am glad you told your mother what you thought. I get sick of these aging women who think their adult children are to provide grandchildren as if these sprogs are little toys for Grandmama.

Pregnancy is so overrated. I worked in a bookstore on X-mas season in 1995. A pregnant woman bought some books and was a pleasant customer. The next customer in line, an elderly lady, went on how 'beautiful' a pregnant woman is and how she 'glows'. I sure as hell never saw that. I bet the old lady also tried to make stretch marks appear as 'beautiful'. Most women with kids I have known hated their bodies even if they wore clothing well.

I also never liked being around little kids...even when I was one myself. I found them boring and demanding. Please...I hated it when the babysitter I went to had me help change the babies shit cloths and give them their bottles. I felt I was being trained to be a little moo. The babysitter was always a bit PO'd that I did not like the 'little ones' and grew up not changing my mind one bit on the not wanting those sproglings.

I also can bitch all day about baptisms. Parents love to scream how the children WILL go to church as long as these kids are living at home. I can understand having to take the smaller ones to services as there are not many babysitters available on Sunday mornings. Baptism, however, should be a person's own choice. It is a trip when parents scream at their teenagers how they WILL follow Christianity only wondering why they no longer go to church when they leave home.

A friend is having her youngest daughter baptized due to her family wanting it even though Friend is not into the church thing at all. But...she said it is her kids choice to keep going to services with their grandmother. My friend is handling this issue the best she can but is not too thrilled at having to talk to the pastor next Sunday to promise to raise the little girl as a Krishjun. Oh well, the churches have lied to people for ages so a little payback is not a bad thing... grinning smiley
My mom used to get up in my shit about kids too, until I guess she realized I was serious about not wanting them.

Thank the Gods my brother's got 3 little boys now, they're enough of a handful for her living next door.
We CF are always fair game even to our closest famblee members. My mom & yours would get along famously, Mrs. Ogre. Except my mom has her whining pity party behind my back b/c she's passive-aggressive. When it comes down to it, what she wants is more important than what I want b/c she "sacrificed" for me.

I also pretty much forfeited any teenhood to be the "good" girl & did 10x more housework, cooking & babysitting than any normal teenager since she worked full time, but inside I was brewing, so no fucking way am I giving up anymore of my life to be a slave.

am, I told my mom once that if I DID have a kid, I wouldn't bother baptizing it & she practically needed an excorcist, so I get how your friend just wants to keep everyone happy & avoid the Krischjun drama.
And I don't think twice about lying to the face of a pastor.
my mum says, she has had her life, and she wont tell me how to live mine, if it has kids in the future, ok, but dont expect her to be an unpaid baby sitter,

But since "coming" out as a CF, she has never said one word. and actually defends the cf position, as she hates other peoples kids, more and more. in some cases she is more militant than me.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Mrs. Ogre posted: "I knew the gf of one of DH's oldest friends was pregnant. I had completely forgotten about it. Then my mom upon learning that demanded why I had not told her. I answered I thought it was irrelevant and now she knew. Period. My mom then uttered: You're next!"

Mrs. O, if you want to stop her crap for good, wait till the next funeral of an elderly family member. During the viewing, walk up to your mom, laugh, and say, "You're next!"
You know what? That's exactly what I said to a colleague today! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login