Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

But the Baybee wants to see you!!

Posted by Ketchup 
Ketchup
But the Baybee wants to see you!!
April 30, 2008
My brother's wife birthed her loaf last summer, and every three months since then she has demanded that my mom send her and my brother plane tickets to visit the city where we live, because "The Baybee wants to see you!" Bitch, please - the kid is nine months old. Baybee wants to eat, shit, nap, and cry. It doesn't give a shit about seeing anybody.

I told my SIL that my husband is allergic to baybees (he seriously dislikes kids), and she seemed okay with that until we visited them in person last weekend. My brother backed me into a corner and said that it really hurt his wife's feelings that my husband said he's allergic to baybees. He also told me that she made my husband hold the baybee when I was in the bathroom, just because SHE wanted him to "bond" with it. Now, my husband is the type of guy who won't stir up drama just because he's nice like that, even though my family is a bunch of self-absorbed shitheads. But now I am so mad at them and their selfish entitlement attitudes. I don't even want to talk to them anymore. My husband married me, not my family, and he doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

Brother and his wife used to be so cool, used to talk about being CF even. Then she stopped taking the pill to "see what would happen". Well duh, dumbass! Now they act like the whole world should revolve around their little shit factory.

Just needed to get that off my chest.
Re: But the Baybee wants to see you!!
May 01, 2008
Wow, that is really par for the breeder course, now, isn't it?

I wouldn't take that shit from them. Sounds like they need a wake up call in the form of a good tongue lashing from you. Tactfully, of course, or you'll come off looking like the bitch.

Why is it as soon as people become parents, they start acting shitty to everybody just because they think they've got some sort of bargaining tool?

"Be nice to me no matter what I do or say to you or won't get to see the BAAAYYYYBEEEEE anymore."

Who fucking cares? And I'd let them know that.

Another thing is, they are probably horribly miserable and are acting out just to punish those who have not made the stupid choice to breed.
May 01, 2008
Yeah! SIL started this crap even before she confirmed she was really pregnant. She later lost the baby, but when she announced she was knocked up, she said be nice to me ( meaning wait on me hand and foot) or you won't get to see the baby.
I just sat there with a blank stare on my face and said nothing. Everybody else laughed, I found no humor in a lame attempt to bribe me with something I don't even want.
MIL also started in on try to figure out your due date so we can all schedule vacation now, and be there for the birth.
When we told them we would not be taking vacation for that, MIL got 3 kinds of pissed off. She said well obviously your trip to Hawaii is more important than your nephew. I said yes, and she got mad.
Anonymous User
May 01, 2008
I have a similar problem with my sister. She seems to think that I want to see her kids - she keeps trying to get me to sign up to MSN Messenger so I can see them on her webcam - when in fact I actally don't want to.
Anonymous User
May 01, 2008
What is it that makes bree-duhs think that we wanna SEE their kids, especially family members and co-irkers?? My sister is always trying to get me and hubby to babysit her kids, but we know waaay better than to keep them. We like our house peaceful and quiet as it is.

My sister has even said that if her kids and husband are gone out of the house for a while, she enjoys her "me time" for about an hour, but then she wants the kids back because she doesn't know what to do with herself. That's kinda sad.....
CFBitchfromLA
May 07, 2008
I do not get it. Only a bratstalking fuckstick would think that withholding access to a baybee would be some kind of punishment. Hell, if some assfuck breeder told me that I would never see their baby, I would insult them doubly just to make sure it really happened.
May 08, 2008
God, I'm going through this right now. I don't even want to be specific at this point because then the jig will really be up but I've been asked to sacrifice vacation time, etc- we were supposed to go see "it" when it was 4 days old! WTF? It is SO hard to pretend to care. My husband doesn't support me at all.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> God, I'm going through this right now. I don't
> even want to be specific at this point because
> then the jig will really be up but I've been asked
> to sacrifice vacation time, etc- we were supposed
> to go see "it" when it was 4 days old! WTF? It
> is SO hard to pretend to care. My husband doesn't
> support me at all.

I'm really sorry to hear that your husband doesn't support you. If he is so into IT, maybe he should go babysit for a few days.

Sacrificing vacation time! Yes I've been asked to do that and refuse. I am looked upon as the evil one b/c I no longer go see all the 4 day old stewed tomatoes that drop from my friends/famblees crotches.

It's so awkward. The first time I actually went, I had to wear hand gel and stand holding IT for pics, while my mom gleemed at me with that creepy motherly smile. I knew she was imagining me with my own and it made me sick so I never go anymore.
Sacrificing vacation time for what? To see the baybee or to help take care of the baybee for the "overwhelmed" pahrunts? You know the latter (taking care) will be coming at some point if you go to see the crotchfruit now.

"But the Baybee wants to see you!!" But I don't wanna see the Baybee!! Get over it!!
Anonymous User
May 08, 2008
I agree k-man,

The parunts don't care about you anymore, but they want to keep you
close.

They know they are fucked at this point & need resources you may be able to provide, like babysitting, baby gifts, money, someone to brag to, etc. The more extended friends and famblee around, the better for them. So of course they're obligated to invite you now & then so you feel more invested in the life of the crotch melon.
May 08, 2008
"You gotta see the bayyybeeee!"

I always get that "Seinfeld" bit in my head when this comes up.
May 09, 2008
That is exactly what she said - "You can help me take care of him!" They live 5 hours away. 10 hours of driving/loss of time off.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2008
I have always had a problem with this. I don't dislike babies, but I also do not find them interesting at all. But, if you are female, there is huge pressure to show interest in babies. People expect this from women. Men seem to have an easier time of avoiding babies. Women are considered evil bitches if they don't coo and drool over infants.
May 11, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> God, I'm going through this right now. I don't
> even want to be specific at this point because
> then the jig will really be up but I've been asked
> to sacrifice vacation time, etc- we were supposed
> to go see "it" when it was 4 days old! WTF? It
> is SO hard to pretend to care. My husband doesn't
> support me at all.

From what I heard about your husband on another thread, you may want to tell him to "F-off" :yeah and to go see 'Da Baybee by himself. You cave to this, he will push you harder on other things. Is he worth the hassle?
Anonymous User
May 12, 2008
I can "amen" that.

My younger sister got divorced about three years ago (ok w/me; I don't expect her to stay in a bad/unhappy marriage) but then, within twomonths of meeting a guy in his mid 50s (she was mid-30s) gets preggers, produces a Fruit - and now has NOTHING to talk about except the Fruit (and how cute and smart and spaaaaayshul it is; she actually has used the term, "transformational"). When I show no interest - and even more outrageously (from her point of view) get annoyed by the fact that whenever I call her all I get to hear is the piercing shriek of her Fruit (which she does nothing about), she acts as though I'm a moral cretin.

I had to be in her area of the country for business a month or so ago; however, it was a business trip and there would be minimal, if any, time available for a "personal trip." When she found out that I hadn't bent myself over backwards (after a dayof cross country flying and then a 12 hour workday) to see the bayyyyyyybeeeee she was furious.

Haven't spoken with her sense.

Frankly, it's a relief.

Maybe I'm a sociopath, but I just can't gin up authentic feeling for or interest in a screeching baaaaaaaybbbbbbeeeee just because I'm its uncle.
May 12, 2008
amethusos* Wrote:
> Rose Red Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > God, I'm going through this right now. I don't
> > even want to be specific at this point because
> > then the jig will really be up but I've been
> asked
> > to sacrifice vacation time, etc- we were
> supposed
> > to go see "it" when it was 4 days old! WTF?
> It
> > is SO hard to pretend to care. My husband
> doesn't
> > support me at all.
>
> From what I heard about your husband on another
> thread, you may want to tell him to "F-off" :yeah
> and to go see 'Da Baybee by himself. You cave to
> this, he will push you harder on other things. Is
> he worth the hassle?

Sometimes, not really. He's changed since I've known him, and i've had the chance to observe his family dynamic. They really think they're this do-no-wrong dynasty and I KNOW they've picked up on my refusal to go see this shit machine but the truth of the matter is, divorce is expensive and the housing market is not great. it's hard for a woman to go it alone. I swear some women have babies just to mark their territories in the sense that they've secured their future with their drooling, Pwecious offspring. I mean, you could be shackling yourself to a man you end up never wanting to see again, and you have to stay close for visitation. I wish he had considered this before he proposed. There is a great article on child Free called "The Shame of Not Wanting Children" and I think EVERYONE should read it before getting married. It's really worth the read and if he continues to pressure me I'm going to pull it out and force him to think about the fact that it's not a fucking Gerber ad, it's expensive and exhausting.

Thanks for listening you guys.
May 12, 2008
"transformational", is that a decepticon, or an auto bot..

death is transformational, should we want that??

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login