Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This seems like a great site....

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
This seems like a great site....
May 01, 2008
http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/

I didn't read it yet, but after quick skim, looks like some reading I would want for all breeders.

She is on the Jay Thomas radio show now promoting her book.

(hopefully, this post works, mine haven't been lately)
Did any of you see this on PBS last night? It was really great and I wish I could make every breeder watch it and prove to them they are killing and hindering their kids in the name of protection and support.

Kinda more on how kids should be let out and play and not being taxi-ed everywhere by moomie and duhdie. let them be "free range"

http://www.michigantelevision.org/childrenplay/index.html

I didn't need a doctorate to figure some of this stuff out. Even when I thought I might have kyds someday, in my teens and early 20's, I knew moving to the bumfuck 'burbs would cause more problems than solve them. I wish I could scream 'I told ya so' to every moo who rushed out to the 'burbs 'for da children'.
Re: This seems like a great site....
May 20, 2008
Our parents chauffered us NOWHERE as kids. The necessary places, yes, but to the malls, downtown, etc? We rode our bikes or walked. What a concept!

I was involved in dance and baton twirling for 24 years. The only time mom ever took me to my lessons (before I started driving and was on my own) and later, off to teach, were on days the weather was really not nice (pouring sheeting rain, blizzard, etc.). Same with my brother, he was in sports and scouts. Nowadays, parents drive their fucking kid to the bus stop ONE BLOCK FROM THEIR HOME. And we wonder why today's kids will grow up to be useless, candy-ass cry babies?
Anonymous User
Re: This seems like a great site....
May 20, 2008
Yes! we rode our big wheels and green machines and stayed outside until dark. bunch of pussy kids being raised today
And, really, this ain't the usual "ol' days" of the old people saying they walked 5 miles to school....

In the 70's, we had a couple of blizzards in Chicago, and when school was open, we walked thru that aftermath, and when the schools were closed, we still walked every where to play, the malls, the pizzeria, McD's to hang out etc. I used to wonder why the schools were closed since me and my friends were walking knee deep in the snow, gym shoes soaking wet and hanging out everywhere.

Those were some of my best childhood memories. Now, a kid wouldn't be caught dead if a snowflake was falling outside.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login