Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having some fun in the Live Journal site

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Having some fun in the Live Journal site
May 09, 2008
I think I should have worded my initial post. I had some site news in my inbox a few days ago, went and had a look. I then made a post which many may feel extreme regarding mentally ill.
a) open the old mental institutions
b) sterilize the mentals...
I added I felt sorry for the folk who suffered, but the fact remains that people don't give a damn what they inflict on kids.
You should see the firestorm that is erupting.
http://news.livejournal.com:80/108187.html

I obviously have offended quite a number of them. I do tend to be rambling, and I have opposite views.. I think on one hand it should be done, but on the other, I'd oppose it because all that would come of it would be evil, aka hitler..

However, some anxiety bimbo apparently did not read what I wrote closely enuf.
Someone stated it amounted to hate speech (hahahahahaaaaaaaaa) and thinks LJ should handle it as such. (ever hear of free speech?).
Anyway, I'm an equal opportunity offender.
Classic bumper sticker: "SUPPORT MENTAL HEALTH OR I'LL KILL YOU."

You really stirred the masses, Two Cents. Thing is, I agree with you. Ethically, if you have a disastrous condition rendering you either (a) genetically likely to pass on the condition to your sprogs or (b) likely to harm or neglect your sprogs, then obviously you should not have sprogs. More and more medical professionals are coming to the same conclusions, but choose not to talk much about it publicly.

We have too many people—running amok committing crimes or leading dysfunctional lives that harm or cost the rest of us—who then use "mental illness" or "childhood abuse" as the excuse for the crimes or the insanity. I'm tired of it.
Yeah, that was a point I thought of (using M.E.) as an excuse to try and avoid punishment, but didn't use (yet anyway, it isn't over).

The hand-wringer obviously did not read my initial post, jumped to the conclusion that I supported termination (I suppose I should take my two girls for post - termination). I never stated that. Once a child is here, it had no say in the matter, I think it should be helped to try and live as normal a life as possible. I do have a problem with it sprogging in the future.

Someone termed what I wrote as 'hate-speech'. I have heard that tack before, if it's offensive, it shouldn't be posted/spoken/written. EVerything offends someone, somewhere. Heck, I like pork and that would offend a number of groups.

I am somewhat of two minds as to forced sterilization. While on the logical level, it would do a great deal to cut down on some unwanted and/or pathetic babies (some of whom, again, did not ask to be born), it would most likely be corrupted and abused and become evil. I think Norplant would be a good compromise.
BTW, K-man, I've read any number of your replies and I like them. You state a good case.
Update on the LIve Journal..
I think this nation is doomed. About the best people have been able to respond to my POV is name-calling and resorting to ga-gaism.
Granted, I did not go in there with statistics, however only a very few respondents have refered to statistics.
It still comes back to the same thing. The equivelent is going sky-diving and being told your chute has a 50% chance of working. Think you are still going to jump out of the plane? However, people don't give a damn about taking those chances with a child life or quality of life.
I would post it over there, but I want to keep my vent blog. (I think they've found it though so I'll probably just give up on it. what's the point anyway?)
Seems the only people who really understand are the folk here.
The strange thing is, if you believe in Scripture, it says conditions are going to be horrible. If you believe the scientists, they say that conditions are going to be horrible. Interesting coincidence.
ciwo for now and thanks for putting up with a cross-situation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login