Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2690 Childfree "good" people

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2690 Childfree "good" people
May 12, 2008
I only know a handful of childfree people. The ones I know are pretty decent friends. Hubby and I don't hang with any of these people on a regular basis.

The only friends who have cut me off are breeders because we have very little in common since they've bred.
Gigabyte
Re: 2690 Childfree "good" people
July 29, 2008
Childfree people have no friends and become lonely because the breeders want us to join them and in the end we - the childfree people are the smart people in the planet. The good thing is that there are childfree website are here to show that we are not alone.

And you KidFreeLuvnLife, we are not alone.
kidlesskim
July 29, 2008
I only personally know one childfree person by choice and she is my younger cousin who spent a great deal of time around me when she was a child, but we now live two states apart. One of my sisters is actually childLESS, but eventually accepted a childfree lifestyle for herself, but enjoys everyone else's kids way more than I think is "normal". I know a few empty nesters, but they babble on about grandpups incessantly,and a handful who are childLESS but "trying". Other than my CF husband and my online fellow CF friends, I actually am completely alone when it comes to knowing any CF in real life.:bawl
bratBgone
July 29, 2008
My husband and I often have this discussion. The couple that we hung out with most had a baby a year and a half ago. I'm in my early 40's and he's in his eary 50's. So many people our age have young kids. The way it used to be people our age were near to being empty nesters. DH and I really enjoy each other's company, but it would really be nice to have more childfree people around to hang out with.
July 29, 2008
I tell you, I am desperate for some childfree friends. My husband and I had only one pair of childfree friends and they recently moved out of state. There's a couple that works with my husband who don't have any kids and they're roughly around our age (we're both 30). When he told me about them, I practically leaped across the table and said to him, "They don't have kids?! Ask them if they want to get together some time! ASK THEM!"
Every other friend I have has kiddies, and for some reason they have them in threes. Three kids is apparently the magic number for all the people I know.
July 29, 2008
RatsNotBrats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tell you, I am desperate for some childfree
> friends.

Me too. Well, I do have one - but she's in another province.

I was lucky to grow up around at least a few CF/CL people: my godparents, my aunt and one of my Mom's dearest friends. So I had some role models, at least - there was no breeder brainwashing at all. (And, of course, my Mom was a PNB.)
July 30, 2008
I'm really only close to the friend who are CF - those who are not are impossible to socialize with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login