Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Babies as soldiers?

Posted by mercurior 
Babies as soldiers?
May 16, 2008
and before anyone says anything its humorous in the british way.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article3883503.ece

Saturday. 7.30am. Baby is in the highchair. I’m kneeling on the floor picking up rusks. I sing one of my favourite Killers lines to her: “You’ve got soul, but you’re not a soldier.” You may object that these aren’t quite the correct words, but that’s one of the pleasures of babies: you can say whatever you want. (One of the pains is hearing other people doing the same thing.)

My daughters are listening. “Babies are not good soldiers,” says Cassady, 4, the mad, lisping one. “They are too small to hold the guns.”

“That is why they are good,” says Grace, 6, a classic older sister. She is a barrister, always waiting to demolish all arguments. “Babies can dodge the bullets. And also, they are good at spying, because they can crawl through windows.”

A row breaks out over babies’ suitability for combat. Babies sometimes have sauce all round their faces, argues Grace, so they wouldn’t mind wearing camouflage. And they look sweet, so people might pick them up, then the babies could shoot them.

“Babies must not have guns,” Cassady insists. She has conceded some ground, but about this she is absolutely firm. I’m considering intervening, but I’ve been reading Affluenza, in which Oliver James argues that we would all be happier if we listened more to the playful logic of children.

I sing the Killers line again. Once you have started singing it, it is quite hard to stop.

“Daddy,” asks Cassady, “do you know what is a soul?”

“Ah,” says Grace. “It’s on the end of your leg.”

“I do not have a soul on my leg,” says Cass. “You do!” says Grace. “It’s underneath your foot.” “That is not a soul. I will tell you what is a soul.”

Cassady went to a religious school for a year, so this is one of her areas of expertise.

“You know you have a body,” she says, “what can eat and what can pinch. But you have another body, what does not eat and does not pinch. It’s just a ghost and it lives for ever.”

Her big sister is taken aback by the theological display. “But who has a soul?” she says.

“Everyone,” the scholar replies. “Babies and grannies and everyone.”

“So, can souls be soldiers? Because if they’re ghosts, they could go through walls.”

“Souls are not soldiers,” shouts Cassady. Like many religious people, she is furiously zealous about her standpoint. “And babies must not be soldiers. If they see guns, they thuck them, and you must not thuck guns.”

After that, I glaze over. If Oliver James wants to hear more of their wit, he is welcome to come and do breakfast. I am confused

http://www.andrewclover.com/

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Babies as soldiers?
May 16, 2008
Many pro-lifers scream how abortion is bad because it weakens the military ...meaning we need more babies born to staff the armed services. Every nation needs to be protected; however, no woman should be required to breed to produce cannon fodder. The Sudan trains very young boys to be soldiers in their on-going civil war. The Lost Boys of Sudan talks of how some villages do not have any males from about 11 to age 40 or so. The young men have been killed or forced into military service.
May 16, 2008
ame please read it again.. its called humour,

“Babies are not good soldiers,” says Cassady, 4, the mad, lisping one. “They are too small to hold the guns.”

“That is why they are good,” says Grace, 6, a classic older sister. She is a barrister, always waiting to demolish all arguments. “Babies can dodge the bullets. And also, they are good at spying, because they can crawl through windows.”

A row breaks out over babies’ suitability for combat. Babies sometimes have sauce all round their faces, argues Grace, so they wouldn’t mind wearing camouflage. And they look sweet, so people might pick them up, then the babies could shoot them. "

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 16, 2008
Babies could double nicely as weapons: to substitute for cannon balls if there is a shortage of metal. LOL
May 16, 2008
exactly kfll wink.. silencers. for rifles wink..

Anonymous User
May 16, 2008
Why is this so hard? The muslims practice this almost on a daily basis...
I think the next step is they will strap dynamite to their infants and toss them. I seriously think that is a possibility.
k-man
May 16, 2008
They've already thought of it, Two Cents. A couple of years ago there was a stink when a Palestinian group released a picture of a baby with explosives strapped to it, suicide bomber style. It was meant to be a joke, said the group, but no one particularly found it funny.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login