Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's up with this posting from a suburban MOO

Posted by Geanie 
Hey folks, just saw this on another board. - starts below - As far as the property goes I think the folks should just hire a surveyor. Often times the clerks at the assessor's office just know what their records show and a survey is the best way to address property boundary issues. That said, it sounds to me that the CF neighbor's crapper is full and she is just getting tired of the BRATTED entitlement living next door to her! God forbid this poster sure is looking to me like the poster child for entitled moomies from the burbs.

From MSN boards
>>>My next door neighbor has been a pain in the bu.tt since we moved in. My children weren't even outside the day we moved in, and the first thing she said to me wasn't "hi, welcome to the neighborhood," but (yelling) "HEY YOU, KEEP YOUR KIDS OFF MY DRIVEWAY!" She has proceeded to be a real w.itch at every opportunity to both my DH and I as well as my kids. She mows half of our side lawn (we live on a ****-de-sac) and claims that the property underneath our driveway is hers (it's not, we looked at the deed and consulted the assessor's office). She throws her grass clippings into our yard. She complains if our dog even LOOKS at her over the fence. (She does NOT BARK, she's propoerly trained.) She whizzes in and out of her driveway without checking to see if any neighborhood children are in the ****-de-sac. She complains (by screaming at us at the top of her lungs) whenever we do something to improve our property such as landscaping. We recently put in a pool in the backyard and she complained about the noise and mess, even though we took great pains to minimize the impact on her property. She calls the cops on the neighbors when there is a car parked in front of her house, and takes a tape measure outside to ensure that cars are within the proper amount away from her driveway. She calls the city of anyone hasn't mowed their lawn while they are away on vacation. Overall, she's just not a very pleasant person, and offends everyone. Well, now she has taken to yelling at our kids and all the neighborhood kids when they are playing outside. Since we live on a ****-de-sac, ALL the kids ride their bikes, scooters, and skateboards in the open space. Yesterday, my son was playing with a rocket he got for his birthday just beyond our driveway, because he needed a flat area to play. She came barreling out of her driveway. My son was retreiving the rocket, but did not have time to get his launcher before she RAN OVER IT! She didn't even stop to see what she had hit. My son was devastated, and I had to restrain my husband from leaving a pile of dog poo on her front porch.

I'm at the end of my rope. If she wants to grouse at me or my DH, fine, grouse away, but if she is going to start bringing our kids into this, she has another thing coming. Anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this "lady?" Absolutely no one in the neighborhood can stand her, so it's not just us. I've considered a nicely worded letter, but we've already done that in the case of our lawn, and she just ignored it. When we approach her for a friendly talk, she just yells at us, so that isn't effective either. Her husband is the sweetest man on earth (a saint for marrying this lady) but is almost never home. Wonder why!! We've tried talking to him about our concerns, but since she wears the pants in the family, it did no good. Right now, we just ignore her whenever we see her, but I'm afraid that she will escalate the situation and hurt one of the neighborhood kids. <<<<<<< end of post

I kinda feel for the CF neighbor. Probably the childed entitled neighbors are not being good neighbors either with the kids and the toys in the culdusac, and the noise that the brings. Also, how do they know she's looking out her window at their pool? They must be looking in HER window to see her! So who's violating whose privacy?? Given the tone of the post, I'd suspect that the parents of the bratless are none to friendly to the CF neighbor either and have ganged up. I'm sure the attitude that came through on the post comes through in all their interactions with the CF neighbor. What ya'll think? I could go on and on, but I know you guys can add points too!!
Re: What's up with this posting from a suburban MOO
May 20, 2008
You cannot talk to people like that at all. A survey is the best way to assess property lines. Breeders tend to the be the worst neighbours. Right now, I have elderly people on both sides. One of them knows everything about everyone in the neighbourhood but she is far better than a breeder with those three kids. The other side, I rarely see the older guy. Letters will not help with this woman. She has already decided her neighbours are her enemies. I am not surprised how the moo screeches about everyone else's kids but not her own. Calling the city re: lawn mowing is as petty as it gets. The poor dear does not have a life. I am certain Hubby is sick of the drama his wife makes and probably has another woman who he can actually talk to rather than this dame who has no other interests besides hassling the neighbours.
That is too bad about the toy rocket. Tough cookies. Perhaps the boy will learn to be more careful from now on.
May 20, 2008
Good point, Married with Rabbits. Neighbours can be a pain regardless if they have kids or don't have them. I had one neighbour (a man) in the apartments who had his two teenage boys living with him. Never a peep out the boys and they are excellent neighbours. A man with no kids was on the other side. He thought he was the parking police on prperty despite the complex having no assigned parking. He would get on his Harley gear and go to neighbours screaming about the parking using the biker look to intimidate. The people at the office hated him.
Here's the link. Quite a few posts, but sometimes you still really want to know what the condemned persons story is. After reading the posts, I am skeptical that the original poster moo is truly a totally innocent party in the situation. I keep in mind that there may be exaggeration on behalf of the postermoo. I also onder if there isn't a bit of intential escalation by the postermoo and the neighbors just to see if they can get her (the CF neighbor) goat for their own entertainment value? Gives the neighoborhood something to talk about; creates a common enemy.

http://boards.live.com/Lifestyleboards/thread.aspx?threadid=671782&boardsparam=Page%3d1
God save us from the suburban parent. My neighbour probably writes stuff like this about me. Duh and moo moved in on the corner of our cul de sac and within weeks he appointed himself traffic nazi, and started screaming abuse at my roomie and I as we drove in and out. We just ignored him, figuring he was a psycho. Finally he threw stuff at my roomies car and forced her to stop so he could give her a lecture on "speeding".

He did the same thing to me a couple of nights later. At this point I learned that his child was just learning to crawl - it couldn't even fucking walk yet. He sticks his face in my window and screams "stop speeding through the street!" I politely say that I was actually doing 30 km/h, which is the city approved speed for a playground zone and slower than the 50 km/h speed limit."There are children in this street!" I look out the windshield at a deserted street and say "where?" At this point he completely loses it and starts screaming "why are you such a bitch?" Hey buddy, you fucking started it!

When he's outside working he screams at me when I drive in and out, and the other day he ran over, parked his carcass in the middle of my driveway and started sounding off again. To which I told him that when he learns to say please and keep his tone polite, I'll do as he asks. If he just continues to be an asshole, I'll do as I like. He knows that he doesn't have a leg to stand on and it pisses him off no end that I'm not interested in kissing his entitled duh-breeder ass, and kow-towing to his little fuck trophy. Teach it to stay off the road, like your parents taught you and mine taught me. If the road was a playground, it would be called a playground, fuckwad.

Not to mention, this guy calls the bylaw officers at the drop of a hat. He's ratted on my dogs three times since he moved in, and on the neighbours dogs as well, and reported the neighbour for parking pallets of bricks on the street, leading to a fine. So we potted him for illegally parking his cars on the corner and blocking the view around into the street - if his kid does get skittled it will be half his fault for having the cars there - and he's been a little quieter since then. Obviously he doesn't like it when people hit back.

So there are definitely two sides to every story!
i think every area got one of these fuckwits.whats with the dog shit on the porch maybe i would of thought that when i was ten. just goes to show the mentality of breeders
May 21, 2008
I have a feeling - like the rest of you - that there is MUCH more to this story than breeder moo is letting on. I have a feeling the CF neighbor has indeed, been burned and is sick and tired of the shit from all the kids and breeder parents. Breeders tend to get that "pack mentality" and tend to gang up on people without kids. It's the whole, "too bad, there are more kids in this neighborhood than you so you just have to deal with it."

As far as the property line thing, yes, a surveyor is the best way to deal with it.

I side with the CF neighbor.
May 21, 2008
KFLL, you also have a great point. Most CF'ers get tired of the B*S in the neighbourhood. Moos will not fight alone but will get a pack to do their dirty work knowing they will not lose if they try to battle a childfree person on their own. Subdivisions seem to be full of drama when there are those families around. Even though I am from San Francisco, not living in an urban area is nice. However, I noticed from the days of living in city apartments how the insanity is less. In The City, people had the attitude that you did not get to know or mess with the neighbours. Good idea.
May 21, 2008
I just learned this minutes ago from my gay friend. He lives in center city in a whole several block area where there are a lot of gay couples and gay singles living. I'd move there in a heart beat if it had off street parking. Lots of artsy stuff, cool restaurants, nice restored old homes.

He tells me, weeks ago, about this couple that moved in 3 houses away with 2 small kids. Parents were pretty friendly but as the weeks went on, they got more and more quiet and weren't as friendly towards him and the other neighbors. The other day, a FOR SALE sign appears on their house. She told my friend, right to his face, "We didn't realize there were so many gay people in this neighborhood and don't care to raise the kids around it."

WTF?
May 21, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just learned this minutes ago from my gay
> friend. He lives in center city in a whole
> several block area where there are a lot of gay
> couples and gay singles living. I'd move there in
> a heart beat if it had off street parking. Lots
> of artsy stuff, cool restaurants, nice restored
> old homes.

I found the gay area in Orlando was the nicest with the better coffee places than Starbucks. The stores were funky and fun. When I lived in the Orlando are, my AA home group was in that neighbourhood as we did not hear much about the Christian god. Sure, there were straight people who came and wanted to talk about that Joel Osteen, the televangelist who has a church in Texas (I think), and if we wanted to know about it to speak to them after the meeting. No one even paid these people any mind. grinning smiley
May 21, 2008
i dont care about my neighbours, they all could be satanists.. so long as they were nice and left my pets alone.. wink i would be happy.

gay people are just people.. some people are closed minded when it comes to things like that.. i know some really evil nasty gay people.. and some really great gay people.. they are just people.. not gay or straight, just people to me.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 21, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> i dont care about my neighbours, they all could be
> satanists.. so long as they were nice and left my
> pets alone.. wink i would be happy.

Exactly!

> gay people are just people.. some people are
> closed minded when it comes to things like that..
> i know some really evil nasty gay people.. and
> some really great gay people.. they are just
> people.. not gay or straight, just people to me.

Same here. I worked at a temp job where a gay man was the manager and one of the secretaries was a lesbian. Both were nasty people. Then, I've worked with gays who are great.
May 21, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> I think it's a possibility that the CF neighbor
> has been burned before. She's fed up and so she
> views any family w/kids as a threat that will
> bother her and get on her nerves.
>
> Or it could be that the ma isn't being a
> considerate neighbor with her kids and noise.
>
> Even if CF neighbor has been burned before that
> shouldn't validate her being rude without cause.
> We don't walk into a restaurant and instantly
> begin yelling at a mom seated with 3 kids, do we?
> If we did, it would be totally pointless because
> we would be creating the ruckus that we are
> warning the mom w/3 kids not to make.
>
> I'm saying this on the possibility that she's just
> become crabby due to the state of the world and
> takes it out on the other neighbors without even
> giving them a chance to give her grief.
>
> I've seen plenty of parents keep their kid on a
> short string. But some people just assume the
> child will run amok.
>
> I'd say ma should do her best to keep out of the
> way of the CF neighbor if she really is so rotten.

I agree with Rabbits, while there are 2 sides, if the moo knows CF isn't friendly, there are ways to steer clear. We have 1 neighbor, a gay couple, the closest - When I moved in I said "Thank god you aren't going to have kids" They said :"Honey, we say the same thing about you."
May 21, 2008
Great Gods, reading those other posts in reply to the breeder moo's made my head explode. You can tell it's a bunch (99%) of mommies using their little playground logic to try and annoy the neighbor. This type of shit has probably gone on for a while and goes right back to my earlier comment of pack mentality.

That says it all right there. Any normal person with better things to do would ignore her or quit doing shit to piss her off, but not this idiot. At the urging of her friends on the board, she tells them how she's going to sit at the door with a video camera, throw a flaming bag of poo on her porch and buy an air horn and carry it with her outside. Lady, get a life.

I hope if they do throw the flaming bag of poo on her porch, that the cops and fire department are called and the neighbors are arrested for attempted arson. If I were the "grouchy neighbor" I'd install a video security system on my property.

And like someone posted in the comments, "the street is for cars, not children." EXACTLY. Why do they think because they live in a CDS that it's OK for kids to play in the street?
Hi guys, I had to post the link for the thread cause really you have to read all ops posts and her fellow haters posts. The entitled moo and duh brigade is out in full force. Talk about people unconnected to the situation making assumptions about this women and mean vile suggestions. Wow, what examples they are showing their crotch droppings. It really is a pack mentality.

After reading moo's posts, I sure would not want the moo-poster or her additute living anywhere near me! Crap, she doen't know her neighbor ran over the kids rocket intentionally. But it sure does sound like the kid was playing with it on the street, by the very words in moo's post. Those rockets can seriously fly, and by the moo's own words, the kid wasn't near the launching base cause he was retriving the rocket. So what the hell was the brat doing playing with a potentially lethal projectile unsupervised? And outside of their yard ?! If moo had been supervisong her crotch spawn probably wouldn't have had the incident with the launch pad getting run over. This moo monster/poster is just spoiling for a fight.
Herd behavior I believe they call it. The most common thing among many breeders that I noticed... I don't care what people say about becoming more mature when you have kids, moos and duhs are the biggest instigators I've ever seen and they claim to do all their antagonizing for the "sake of their children". Bullshit.
May 22, 2008
This whole deal just boils down to parents thinking their kids belong everywhere. Everyone's yard is THEIR yard. Your property means nothing to the moo or the kid because being a moo is TMIJITW and kids should have the right to do whatever they want, where ever they want sans any consequences.

I don't blame that neighbor one bit for her behavior. The parents who have cycled in and out of that cul-de-sac were probably a bunch of assholes who in turn, have raised even bigger assholes, who will in turn, raise their own assholes and wreak havoc on another CF neighbor. And the cycle goes..........
May 22, 2008
we have very sharp pointy plants..

if they try to come in they get scratched wink..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
The house where I grew up was on a corner lot. Contrary to what some real estate types will tell you, for residential use (as opposed to commercial use) a corner lot is a minus, not a plus, because the owner has traffic on two sides and a total loss of privacy as a result. (For a commercial lot, that same traffic on two sides would be a big benefit.) Paying a premium for a corner lot for your house therefore makes no sense.

There is another big downside to a corner lot that real estate types don't tell you about: people who are walking and running around the corner, especially crotchdroppings, feel free to make a shortcut by cutting across your yard. Kyds did this all the time. This was a constant problem where we were, and the city prohibited a fence because of a fire hydrant nearby. I can see why having kyds around would get some childfree residents' goats if those kyds were constantly going through their yard, and this posting deals with a cul-de-sac. Imagine what someone on a corner would go through.

And when those kyds are on your property, invited or not, you are potentially liable for any injuries they might sustain. Maybe the neighbor got burned that way once before from some moo suing after Shitford tripped and hurt himself while trespassing in her yard, and that's why she now yells for rugrats to stay away.
May 22, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> This whole deal just boils down to parents
> thinking their kids belong everywhere. Everyone's
> yard is THEIR yard. Your property means nothing
> to the moo or the kid because being a moo is
> TMIJITW and kids should have the right to do
> whatever they want, where ever they want sans any
> consequences.
>
>
This, oh so much this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login