Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Juror's are just stupid

Posted by annie35 
Juror's are just stupid
May 21, 2008
Ohio Woman Who Had Baby Stuck in Birth Canal for 13 Hours Wins $20 Million Lawsuit
Wednesday, May 21, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

CINCINNATI — An Ohio jury has awarded more than $20 million to a woman whose baby was stuck in her birth canal for 13 hours.

A jury found doctors negligent Monday for trying to push Heather Grow's 9-pound baby through in 1997. The process squeezed her head. The baby was eventually delivered by Caesarean section.

Grow's attorneys argued during a medical malpractice trial that the baby suffered brain injuries. Doctors had told Grow months earlier that she had a narrow pelvic arch.

The lawyers say the now 10-year-old girl has limited use of her limbs, has vision problems and is mildly retarded.

The doctors organization Group Health Associates says Dr. Lisa Yang "did everything medically possible to facilitate a healthy delivery."

I guess that is another 20 million you and I will have to pay for through higher insurance costs.
Re: Juror's are just stupid
May 21, 2008
Unfucking believable. I found this story and read more about it.

The fucking bitch WAS TOLD TO HAVE A C-SECTION BECAUSE OF HER NARROW PELVIC CANAL BUT REFUSED.

What I'd like to know is why this cunt was awarded anything at all? WHY was this the doctor's fault?

She should have gotten drop kicked in the face for being so fucking stupid, damaging her baby, and sent on her merry fucking way with a big ol' NUTHIN.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2008
Goddammit, I can't stand this shit. They have documentation of the woman being forwarned about possible complications due to a narrow pelvic arch and the jury still found in her favor?

Bullshit. Just absolute bullshit. I used to have faith in our legal system but sad to say my eyes have been opened to crap like this. Like we discussed before - a jury made up of breeders found in favor of a breeder.
May 21, 2008
who are the ones who really profit in this.. lawyers..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
nowhiggers
May 21, 2008
I believe that breeders always have their eyes on the lawsuit prize and purposely set out for that to happen, even if it means a suffering child for the rest of their lives. Out of that 20mil she probably got half or less, but still, even with a disabled kid, that's a lot of money so that moo never has to work again and gets to live the good life.

Sorry, but I can't preach enough about how important it is for childfree people to try their damndest to get on jury duty.

As for the doctor, the only fault I see here with the doctor is that the doctor had the right, and should have refused to deliver the baby altogether. They can do that you know, doctors can fire their patients just like patients can fire the doctor, she did not have to deliver that baby.
May 21, 2008
Most breeders are greedy cunts. They love lawsuits. Even if the doc is not at fault, these sows look at the medical profession as a fucking ATM machine. Yet, the rest of us get to pay more with higher insurance costs and heavier deductables. Breeders have their hands in our wallets in one shape or another.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2008
Well, the natural childbirth advocates tell women they are selfish witches if they consent to C-sections.
May 22, 2008
You got that right and I wouldn't even doubt it one bit if this repugnancy were the result of fertility drugs or IVF.

married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So true, Cassey. And let's admit it, not every
> woman's body is built to carry and deliver a
> child.
May 22, 2008
> So true, Cassey. And let's admit it, not every
> woman's body is built to carry and deliver a
> child.
>
> "Nuturrawl chyldberth is better for the baybee."
> Give him a few months of life on earth and he,
> like the rest of us, won't be so natural and
> "organic" anymore.

I know women who had a second one after telling me how sick they were after the first one...
May 22, 2008
> Rose Red Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know women who had a second one after telling
> me
> > how sick they were after the first one...
>
> RR, lots of them keep on having them beyond the
> first one. Some women are only capable of
> C-section births and get pregnant several times.
> And then complain of course that their docs don't
> want them to have a vaginal birth after a
> C-section. I completely understand why, there are
> some risks and of course there's the big risk of
> LAWSUIT.

After several cuts I'm sure that's quite the body.
May 22, 2008
are they kangaMOOS then?

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
May 22, 2008
She had the baby vaginally over medical advice because she wanted to experience *the most wonderful thing that can happen to a woman.*
Disgusting.
CheeseLouise
May 22, 2008
If this whole thing isn't an exercise in reading between the lines, I don't know what is.

Another article on this

I see a huge gaping hole in this article between these two paragraphs:

In the summer of 1997, Heather Grow was pregnant with her first child. Her doctors told her that she had a narrow pelvic arch. That became a major medical issue two weeks before she gave birth when doctors realized that her child - at about nine pounds - was going to be big.

"The child got stuck. It was clear that she was pushed through an (opening) she couldn't fit. And this went on for hours and hours," Beirne said. "It was like trying to fit a watermelon through (an opening) the size of an apple."

The doctors TOLD HER that she was small and that her loaf was big. I think most of us would bet $$$$ that the missing info here was that the doctors advised against a natchurrrral birth and a C-section instead, but moo wouldn't hear of it. After all, that would mean she wasn't a REAL woman!!

There is so much missing from what's being reported here, it's pathetic. The media sucks. They are trying to make out the doctors to be evil butchers and the moo to be an innocent, hurting parent of a disabled child. I would LOVE to know the entire, REAL story here, the story that is NOT being reported.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login