Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

baby british bulldogs

Posted by mercurior 
baby british bulldogs
May 23, 2008
i love these dogs, they are the symbol of what the UK should be. and what i try to be.

Looking like Winston Churchill is no setback for these wrinkly bulldog pups

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1021182/Looking-like-Winston-Churchill-setback-wrinkly-bulldog-pups.html

This litter of miserable looking wrinklies are the most beautiful bulldog pups ever - according to their owner.

They may not look it, but the five boys and one girl are so handsome that two of them are have been sold to new owners in Hong Kong.

Owner Clive Okill said: "This is probably one of the most beautiful litters we have had.

The grumpy pups line up for their close up

"They are a difficult breed to rear.”

The pups require 24-hour care for the first three weeks of their lives and are currently suffering from a tummy bug – which may explain their grumpy facial expressions.

Clive, from Abbotsham, North Devon, said: "We have got buyers for all but one.

"They have been advertised overseas and we are exporting two of them to Honk Kong."

Fame: Two of the puppies have already been snapped up by buyers in Hong Kong

And there's no doubt those two pups - with their Winston Churchill wrinkles - will be taking their British bulldog spirit there with them.

These mini-British mascots are known for their short muzzles and the saggy skin on their faces – which are typical to their breed and create the apparent “frown” they are famous for.

The dogs are generally docile and friendly and are known to be fiercely loyal.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: baby british bulldogs
May 23, 2008
I want the one on the right end. OMG so cute. I bet this breed would get along with the cats.
CFBitchfromLA
May 23, 2008
Now those are baby pictures I like to see! I hate the word, but dayum those pups are just cute as can be!
May 23, 2008
Those are so adorable. Cuter than any human baybee, any day.
May 23, 2008
I really want a bulldog. I want to name it Sancho.
That said, I do not want to train a puppy, I don't want to discipline an animal, I don't have money to pay for one, and I don't want to have to find a sitter should I decide to leave for a weekend...as a result, I do not get to have a bulldog named Sancho.

If only breeders would think this out in a similar fashion.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
It's an entirely different situation with a kid, Feh. On the Rant Page, Matush said (#2683) that her mom told her brother and his wife -- who are getting a dog -- to have a kid first, because apparently 'a child is easier to take care of than a dog'.
May 23, 2008
Even though we have a very reliable person whom I trust, I suffer from horrible anxiety when we go away and leave our pets. I have bad dreams every single night. I hate going away.
May 23, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's an entirely different situation with a kid,
> Feh. On the Rant Page, Matush said (#2683) that
> her mom told her brother and his wife -- who are
> getting a dog -- to have a kid first, because
> apparently 'a child is easier to take care of than
> a dog'.

Ohhhh...so THAT's how it goes...well, then I guess I'll NEVER get a Sancho. Did I mention I'd like to dress it in a red vest and a sombrero?
I had a dream about it.

KFLL, I know exactly how you feel, as I feel the same way when I leave my pets. Now, I don't feel so strange about it.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
bulldogowner
May 23, 2008
I have a bulldog who will be 6 this year....I'd MUCH rather have bulldog pups than babies....they're WAYYYYYY cuter!!!!!!
str8six
May 24, 2008
Oh My God! I could just eat them up!!! They are absolutely precious!!
Vicki
May 26, 2008
As a rescuer I have to say buying dogs just causing rescues deaths. Save a life, adopt a rescue. If you have to have a purebreed there are many purebreed rescues where people did no research about a breed before buying a dog & then dumped them because they didn't want to make the effort to provide for their needs. People expect more from their dogs than they do from their brats. They don't expect brats to be automatically be perfect but they expect their dogs to require no training or effort.
str8six
May 26, 2008
Vicki Wrote:
> As a rescuer I have to say buying dogs just
> causing rescues deaths. Save a life, adopt a
> rescue. If you have to have a purebreed there are
> many purebreed rescues where people did no
> research about a breed before buying a dog & then
> dumped them because they didn't want to make the
> effort to provide for their needs. People expect
> more from their dogs than they do from their
> brats. They don't expect brats to be automatically
> be perfect but they expect their dogs to require
> no training or effort.

I could NOT agree more! We adopted an English Mastiff, we will always adopt. I will never buy a dog, too many babies needing saving. I got 'cher back! wink
May 27, 2008
at about $2000 a puppy..

i would rescue but for one tiny thing.. here its not easy to get to the rescue place. its a good 15 miles away, and only open during the day and not at weekends.. so you have to drive.. and take a day off from work.

I object to so much power being put into the hands of "official" breeders.. they make millions, and it has led to puppy farms, where the have abused dogs..and caused them to breed too young.. i would rescue hundreds if i could.. have a dog pile.. wink.. but you have to admit vicki.. tnhey are very cute.. wink.. and if i did see one in a shelter i would get one.. no doubt.

having a dog should be, thought about like having a child. can you afford it, is there enough room, can i take care of it. Bad animal owners i find are frequently bad parents.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 27, 2008
Here too! The arm chair breeders and puppy mills piss me off to no end. And the idiots fueling these places are the breeders who just HAVE to HAVE that full bred pedigreed dog to complete the LifeScript(TM) checklist.

Vicki Wrote:
> As a rescuer I have to say buying dogs just
> causing rescues deaths. Save a life, adopt a
> rescue. If you have to have a purebreed there are
> many purebreed rescues where people did no
> research about a breed before buying a dog & then
> dumped them because they didn't want to make the
> effort to provide for their needs. People expect
> more from their dogs than they do from their
> brats. They don't expect brats to be automatically
> be perfect but they expect their dogs to require
> no training or effort.
May 27, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> at about $2000 a puppy..
Not every rescue requests such a sizable donation. And well, don't breeders charge thousands for their dogs.
>
> i would rescue but for one tiny thing.. here its
> not easy to get to the rescue place. its a good 15
> miles away, and only open during the day and not
> at weekends.. so you have to drive.. and take a
> day off from work.
Perhaps you could open your own rescue. Some rescues are staffed entirely by unpaid volunteers, and as a result, the hours of operation for those rescues are at the whims of the volunteers schedules. Just because one rescue in your area is inconvienent for you, does not mean that is the rule of rescue organizations.
>
> I object to so much power being put into the hands
> of "official" breeders.. they make millions, and
> it has led to puppy farms, where the have abused
> dogs..and caused them to breed too young.. i would
> rescue hundreds if i could.. have a dog pile..
There have been puppy mills much longer than there have been animal rescue organizations. A reputable animal breeder is vastly different from a puppy mill. In a few states, to breed and sell animals you must be licensed.

>
> having a dog should be, thought about like having
> a child. can you afford it, is there enough room,
> can i take care of it. Bad animal owners i find
> are frequently bad parents.
And this is why I don't have a dog...well that and my elderly cat who I want to have as mellow a time in her last years as possible.

--Me
May 27, 2008
no british bulldogs cost £1000 roughly for a pedigree one..

all rescue organisations have the same times here.. we checked..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login