Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slave to her womb

Posted by guest 
slave to her womb
May 23, 2008
This bint thinks moohood is NOT slavery, and also that the idea that abortion carries no consequences is false. Bitch, please!

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1021293/Alice-Walker-feminist-icon-wrote-The-Color-Purple-Here-daughter-reveals-fanatical-views-motherhood-tore-apart-.html
Re: slave to her womb
May 23, 2008
The only consequences abortion had for me was that I could have used that money for something more fun. LOL
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
She also called her mom 'selfish' for leaving her with RELATIVES when she was a TEENAGER, in order to travel...
NevelC
May 25, 2008
Wow. Bitter much? The entire text of this woman's life is hatred for her mother. I can't wait until her brat starts screaming "I hate you!" in her face. See how she likes it.

I bet her mom is wishing she'd had an abortion.
May 25, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She also called her mom 'selfish' for leaving her
> with RELATIVES when she was a TEENAGER, in order
> to travel...

Her mom was selfish for bringing her into this world, not just for leaving her with relatives.
str8six
May 26, 2008
I actually found the article moving. This womans 'mom' is everything we complain about here! And Rebecca Walker is just the kind of parent we find all but absent in todays society.

Many of us CF'ers have had pressure to have babies shoved down our gullets for the better part of our lives, and have vehemently rejected it and followed our own paths in life. This woman had feminism rammed down her throat in the exact same manner - both are very wrong. She was denied what every child in this world longs for, MOM. I am a grown woman now, and I STILL want my moms' friendship, advice and love. She was cheated out of that and for years tried to please her mother and win her approval by ignoring very strong desires to become a mother, just as many people who truly don't want children have them anyway to try and please friends and family. One is just as bad as the other.

To disown your daughter just for the fact that she had a baby is twisted. I mean my God, a friend was paid to go shopping with her to buy her first bra...WTF?! Rebecca is [apparently] a good mother, wife, she is successful and extremely happy being a mom. What is so horrible about that? In today's time of bringing babies into a world born of mothers who truly don't want them, I find a woman who is full-filled and happy to be a parent refreshing and not at all threatening. Some women DO have a biological 'clock' - some don't.

What I do not agree with however, is how the author believes abortion affects ALL women negatively, which is obviously not true. It affected her so because she truly had the desire to have children. Someone like me who has never experienced one tiny little itty bitty incling to have a baby likely wouldn't share her same feelings of guilt and loss.

Then there's this statement made by the author: "Then there is the issue of not having children. Even now, I meet women in their 30s who are ambivalent about having a family. They say things like: 'I'd like a child. If it happens, it happens.' I tell them: 'Go home and get on with it because your window of opportunity is very small.' As I know only too well."

What she is sorely missing here, is that if a woman makes a statement such as "I'd like a child. If it happens, it happens", she doesn't TRULY want children. "I'd LIKE a child"? Well, I'd LIKE a condo in the Virgin Islands but if I TRULY wanted one, if I felt so strongly about one, I'd make the necessary financial sacrifices and plans to get one - but it really isn't THAT important obviously because I haven't set out to get it. The would-be mother hasn't thought it out good and hard. These are the children who suffer, who's parents didn't bank on parenting being so demanding and sacrificial; they wind up taking it out on their unfortunate children due to their lackadaisical way of thinking. Children don't just 'happen'. They're MADE.

And there's this one: "Then I meet women in their 40s who are devastated because they spent two decades working on a PhD or becoming a partner in a law firm, and they missed out on having a family. Thanks to the feminist movement, they discounted their biological clocks. They've missed the opportunity and they're bereft."

I am sure there are women like this, who feel they've somehow missed out on being a parent. But to blame it on feminism is, to say the least, wrong. It was a CHOICE they made. No one put a gun to their heads, they made their bed and now they're lying in it - tough, life is all about choices. At least they had a choice - isn't that in part what feminism is about? Of course, we know that there are plenty of women (and men) who chose to remain without child and are perfectly happy and satisfied - look at all of us here :-).

And lastly: "Feminism has betrayed an entire generation of women into childlessness. It is devastating."

It's only devastating to those who allowed someone else's views on how a woman should feel and what life choices she should make to obscure what she really wants and not follow her own heart. The author seems to have forgotten that not every single woman of any given generation is devastated by 'childlessness'. In fact, I believe if she did more research, she would be shocked at just how many women truly never even really wanted children to begin with.

Just goes to show you that no matter how you're raised, you are an individual and unique. Your thoughts and feelings are your own, not your parents. Alice Walker has displayed the very behaviors she claims to abhor - not giving women the freedom of choice to do and be what they want.
Anonymous User
May 26, 2008
You’re taking this chick’s side of the story as if it’s set-in-stone truth.

Sorry, I have a hard time believing anyone who writes about her mom leaving her with FAMILY MEMBERS when she’s a TEEN, as if it’s abuse! That just screams super-entitled drama-princess angry at mommy for daring to have a life outside of moohood – which is what she’s proud of herself for NOT doing. I’m not saying her mom was perfect, I’m just saying that looking at the situations she gives as the worst-of-the-worst of her experiences makes it seems like maybe she’s a little…

Her mother was ‘permissive’ about the sex-thing, because she knew she couldn’t watch her daughter all day, every day – so she taught her enough to use birth control (*gasp* what irresponsibility), and helped her get an abortion when it failed…. Isn’t that the kind of thing we say we wish we could see more?

Maybe her mother disowned her because she was being an insufferable bitch, making little comments about how great *she* would be to her baby, and how she’d never abandon it with relatives, or make it feel like it wasn’t loved (and this article – and her own words makes it seem like she’d do just that kind of thing) when she ‘asked her (mother) to apologise and acknowledge how much she’d hurt me….with neglect, withholding affection and resenting me…”

I don’t know… There’s just something about that article (and its author) that rubs me the wrong way.
Vicki
May 26, 2008
How do I join? I can't find anything on the site.
May 26, 2008
join what?

this site go here

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/register.php?2

the dailymail is a UK newspaper no signing up needed

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Vicki
May 26, 2008
Yeah the brat list. Thanks, that's what I needed.
Vicki
May 26, 2008
Thanks for the link.
May 26, 2008
Alice Walker is really a hypocrite. If she doesn't want kids, DON'T have them! Duh!eye rolling smiley

And now her spawn is damaged goods who may dump HER problems on her own kids (she'd probably be badgering them into giving her GRANDKIDS one day!)
str8six
May 26, 2008
Banshee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alice Walker is really a hypocrite. If she doesn't
> want kids, DON'T have them! Duh!eye rolling smiley

Exactly. This is very similar to what I stated in my last paragraph. One is just as bad as the other.

> And now her spawn is damaged goods who may dump
> HER problems on her own kids (she'd probably be
> badgering them into giving her GRANDKIDS one day!)

Hopefully, she'll realize this and not pressure her son to pro-create just to give her a grandchild. One can only hope she won't be a hypocrite like her mother, and offer her son ALL of his options, and to follow his heart and support him in any decisions regarding parenthood.

Stephanie: I don't mean to sound as though I'm taking sides. No matter how thin a pancake is, there are still always two sides. I was hoping that by pointing out the authors', as I see them, 'mistakes', I would have illustrated the things I felt were, in part, similar to the same prejudices as the very mother she was writing about. The author expresses very particular situations in which her mother was, to say the least, NOT a mother. I don't think that expecting your mother to attend school activities as entitlement. This statement somewhat brings this to point:

"A neighbour, not much older than me, was deputised to look after me. I never complained. I saw it as my job to protect my mother and never distract her from her writing. It never crossed my mind to say that I needed some time and attention from her."

This does not come across to me as someone who is of entitlement attitude, just as a young girl who not only wants to satisfy her mothers' ambition, but to not become a burden to her moms' important work. I NEEDED my mom at this age, desperately. And I'm so glad she sacrificed any self-fulling needs to tend to her DUTY as my mom. I had many, MANY lines I was NOT to cross and boundaries I had to respect. My parents had their personal time, to nurture each other FIRST so they may nurture us. But I was still a young girl needing the guidance of my FUCKING mother, not a goddammed relative - never mind a neighbor. I would have felt both rejected and unloved if I was always pawned off on a relative. It's not 'entitlement', it's a natural desire to be properly guided and shown direction by ones' own parent - BOTH mother and father.

When I would spend a weekend at my cousins, I couldn't WAIT to get back home! To be forced to spend much of my youngster-hood with them would have been so depressing, even though my aunts and uncles are wonderful, loving people. Had an unfortunate accident occurred and I had lost both parent simultaneously, I would have wanted to be with these aunts and uncles. But so long as my parents were alive, I needed them - and still do!

There are things in this article, as I've already stated, that I do not agree with which I have already mentioned. I am the only CF person in my family and have fought the battle, believe me! But this authors' mother was not a mom. She is a woman who NEVER should have had a child - talk about selfishness. Her daughters' unfortunate experiences highlight this quite well and are reminders of just how much children are affected and influenced by the actions - or INactions - of their parents.
May 27, 2008
"Feminism has betrayed an entire generation of women into childlessness. It is devastating."

Um...so why are women still procreating?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
str8six
May 27, 2008
^^ well, exactly. The author is taking her experiences on having had 'babies are bad' shoved down her throat her whole life to be the case for an entire generation of women, which is obviously distorted. But when it's YOU who is affected so strongly by any given situation, it is human nature to generalize in your own favor.

I can't even imagine though not having had my mom buy me my first bra or ever attend one single school function (even though I mostly played with my horses and never did but two or three functions)...geeeez...:bawl

Maybe I'm a mamma's girl! LMAO!!! I do love her so much and would do anything for her - goddammn she was a great mom when I was a child and now that I'm an adult.
Nour
May 27, 2008
This bint is trying for another chhyyyyld!!!
I couldn't get through the rest this attention whore's story after that bit.
"Tenzin?"
Another cr8tive name. It sounds like a drug that combats insomnia.
str8six
May 27, 2008
No more of an attention whore then her mother.

I concur with you that her kids name is definitely an eye-roller. She could have just referred to him as 'my son'.

So she wants another kid. Who gives a fuck? At least they actually WANT it and are happy. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though, looks as though she may have waited too long - oh well, sucks to be barren - tee-hee....grinning smiley...yey for the Earth!! :bal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login