Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Was Just Thinking...

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
I Was Just Thinking...
May 23, 2008
So, I rented "The Wicker Man" (the one from 1973, not the horrible remake) last night and had some CF thoughts during some of the scenes that depicted fertility rites. For those of you who don't know, it is a film about a secluded island in Scotland that practices the old religions. One scene shows naked women dancing around a fire singing about "make the baby grow grow grow". I was thinking that there should be some INfertility rituals. How about a childfree coven? We could put condoms on daggers and stand around a fire while burning a wicker IUD to appease the gods and goddesses of barren-ness.
Re: I Was Just Thinking...
May 23, 2008
Fuck, the anti-spam swallowed my post.

I recommend "Witchcraft and the Gay Counterculture" ISBN: 0915480018

I'm going to Vermont tomorrow (Sat.) be back Sunday.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
May 27, 2008
I was raised Pagan. 4 sabbats revolve around fertility and 4 revolve around harvest.

When there are ceremonies, rituals and gatherings, the fertility celebrations are usually focused on the fertility of our Mother Earth since she is the one sustaining life (animal births, good weather to produce good crops, etc.).

It's usually the commercialized stereotyping that shows the fertility sabbats as being human fertility. Like we need more humans on this planet.
caviesrule
May 29, 2008
Funny, I just found this site today and I just watched "Wicker Man" yesterday! I know it got blasted by the critics (and just about everyone else), but I liked it. I like movies with that kind of 'pace' ("What Lies Beneath" and the like). I saw the 1st movie when I was much younger (Christopher Lee, Brit Ekland). I thought the isolation of the island (what 'they did' to the only way on and off the island) was really creepy. I like your idea, LucyTrainWreck, about our very own CF rituals - count me in!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login