Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dating for parents??

Posted by mercurior 
dating for parents??
May 26, 2008
i found this site from an advert on my forum, and i thought i would share it. I

datingfor(delete)parents.com/index.cfm?action=tips&

You’re ready to date again and looking forward to bringing romance and fun with another adult back into your life. What are the issues you might like to remember to continue in a positive and upbeat frame of mind? You’re probably feeling excited and optimistic - you could also be feeling nervous. It can be hard to step back into the dating scene when you have children. Before you became a parent the only person you had to worry about was yourself. Now, you have to balance your needs with what’s best for your kids. And if you’ve gone through a relationship break down, this may have left you feeling low in self esteem and confidence. You may have forgotten how to flirt, how to get to know someone, how to ask them out or make it clear you’d like to be asked. But even if you can’t approach dating as if you were a single, that needn’t stop you. Dating again is for you, and these are the tips to make it easy.

Recognise how your kids may act
Most people and virtually all kids find it hard to say when they’re sad, angry, scared or confused. What they are likely to do is to act out their emotions. Children may react by

acting younger than their age
throwing tantrums
becoming clingy and fretful
refusing food, being picky or eating too much
having difficulty sleeping or in waking up

Teenagers may

sulk and shout
experiment with drugs, drink, early sex

If children start acting badly, what is underneath their behaviour is often a need for attention, acceptance, and appreciation. You can help them by;

talking openly about the change or loss that meant you’re a single parent family
talking about your decision to find new friends
asking for any questions they may have about this and answering them
reassuring them it will not change your feelings for them or your relationship with them
helping them show their feelings
sharing your own feelings with them
telling them it’s OK to feel angry or confused
giving them plenty of time and attention
helping them keep in touch with people, places, things that matter to them
giving them love, reassurance, support

Look after yourself
Single parents need to look after themselves, if for no other reason than to make sure they are able to care for their family. If the children are away with other family, indulge yourself.

take a walk
go to the gym or for a run
meet a friend for coffee or a drink

If they’re around, set them up with some activities, tell them you need half an hour uninterrupted and then;

listen to music
have a bath, with candles and a glass of something nice
read a newspaper, magazine or book
go on your computer
chat with an internet buddy
call a friend
plan a holiday
watch a favourite TV programme

RETURN TO TOP OF THE PAGE

Arrange with friends and family to let you have time off some evenings and weekends for your kids to have the fun and experience of being with other people, and you the time to recharge your batteries. You don’t do your children any good by denying yourself a life or pleasure.

Take your time, think it through and all of you will benefit when you begin dating again!

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: dating for parents??
May 27, 2008
Step 1 should read:

"Give the kid a good swift beating, just to remind him/her who's in charge. If your kid isn't cowering in the corner every time you enter the room, you've failed your job as a parent."

LMAO!
ASRock
July 29, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Step 1 should read:
>
> "Give the kid a good swift beating, just to remind
> him/her who's in charge. If your kid isn't
> cowering in the corner every time you enter the
> room, you've failed your job as a parent."
>
> LMAO!

KidFree - where did you get that idea from? That is the funnist idea and love it. Kid need a swift beating.

After years of losing sex life and all the burden after they give birth and they are fully charge to regain their sex life, it is the parent's decision. Not this kid's decision. Some kids want their single mum to be lonely and miserable rather their mums having a nice boyfriend and let them feel happy. Again dawm right to remind hin/her who's in charge.
kidlesskim
July 29, 2008
You wouldn't believe the divorced women with kids ( which is all of them) I have heard say things like, "My KIDS come first. If they don't like my date when he picks me up, I won't go out with him again", or "I date a man for awhile before I let him meet my kids. If they don't like him, it's over". 1)How can a kid, or anyone else, make a judgement about someone they meet once or twice? 2) Of COURSE the kids won't like him if they don't want mom to date 3) Are the kids gonna let YOU pick out their husbands or wives?

I think anyone who has kids and is back on the dating circuit should decide for themselves if they like the man or woman and want to continue dating him/her, and unless they are hateful beasts to the kids then SCREW what those kids want or like. If they are raised right they will be leaving home at 18 anyway.
Anonymous User
July 29, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> You wouldn't believe the divorced women with kids
> ( which is all of them) I have heard say things
> like, "My KIDS come first. If they don't like my
> date when he picks me up, I won't go out with him
> again", or "I date a man for awhile before I let
> him meet my kids. If they don't like him, it's
> over".

These women talk like they are prizes in the dating game. They aren't. The men they date could just as easily date a woman without kids.
July 30, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------

> acting younger than their age
> throwing tantrums
> becoming clingy and fretful
> refusing food, being picky or eating too much
> having difficulty sleeping or in waking up
> sulk and shout
> experiment with drugs, drink, early sex
>
>
Wait, I do all this stuff!
bratBgone
July 30, 2008
You know what's just as bad as the single moo? The good ole single duh! When I was single (10 yrs ago), my best friend worked in the ad dept. of a paper. They were starting a personal ad section of the paper and she asked if I would put an ad in (at no cost) to help get things started. I wrote one, mostly for shits and giggles. I can't tell you how many single duhs answered my ad. They sent pictures of their scruffy looking toadlers and loaves. They couldn't wait to find a moommy for them. THey wasted those pictures on the wrong girl!
Taz
July 30, 2008
I have noticed that single moos go after CF men like fish after bait. If you got a nice place, they want to move in, they want you to supply cash for their alledged needs, they feel that because a guy is CF that he has money to burn. I only got one question. Where is the "mr. right" who knocked them up to begin with? If chyldryn were the gift to her from a "mature, dedicated" man, where in the ass is he?

Now, many single women who have not had kids yet, seem to call CF men a horrible, uncommited pick. If men who do not want kids are so bad, then where did the men go who knocked them up? I suppose that mr.Rights stick them and kick them. CF men must be "second" choice because every moo seems to want one after she learned her lesson with a duh.
July 30, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> You know what's just as bad as the single moo?
> The good ole single duh! When I was single (10 yrs
> ago), my best friend worked in the ad dept. of a
> paper. They were starting a personal ad section
> of the paper and she asked if I would put an ad in
> (at no cost) to help get things started. I wrote
> one, mostly for shits and giggles. I can't tell
> you how many single duhs answered my ad. They
> sent pictures of their scruffy looking toadlers
> and loaves. They couldn't wait to find a moommy
> for them.

This is something that genuinely scares me about the dating scene. The child and its attendant mother. I'd rather be single.
July 30, 2008
Taz Wrote:
> one question. Where is the "mr. right" who
> knocked them up to begin with? If chyldryn were
> the gift to her from a "mature, dedicated" man,
> where in the ass is he?
The children weren't a gift, they were a curse that neither could comprehend because they were all high from LifeScript koolaid. The "mature, dedicated" man went out for smokes three years ago, and never came back.

>
> Now, many single women who have not had kids yet,
> seem to call CF men a horrible, uncommited pick.
Childed status has no bearing on being a horrible prick. Being a horrible prick is what makes one a horrible prick.

> If men who do not want kids are so bad, then where
> did the men go who knocked them up? I suppose
> that mr.Rights stick them and kick them. CF men
> must be "second" choice because every moo seems to
> want one after she learned her lesson with a duh.
The men who knocked them up simply had unprotected sex. The CF man is "second" choice because, she found him after. The CF man is the better choice, in a moo's mind, because he's just rolling in dough and waiting to be "changed" by the love of a good woman, and some kids.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
July 30, 2008
I don't think most CF men would even date a single moo, would they?
Anonymous User
July 30, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
They were starting a personal ad section
> of the paper and she asked if I would put an ad in
> (at no cost) to help get things started. I wrote
> one, mostly for shits and giggles. I can't tell
> you how many single duhs answered my ad. They
> sent pictures of their scruffy looking toadlers
> and loaves. They couldn't wait to find a moommy
> for them. THey wasted those pictures on the wrong
> girl!

You should see matchmaker.com and other dating websites. Lots of men posing with their toadlers and loaves. They must think its an adoption agency rather than online dating.

I remember one of these duhs wrote to me and begged me to meet him and his "wonderful teenaged kid who needs a mom".
bratBgone
July 30, 2008
Casseyrod, I used to work with a guy who loved to date single moos. He was a total user, and loved to have them cook him meals, do his laundry, and run his errands. They would willingly do this because they thought they were capturing the perfect CF wallet to marry them and make their life easier. He would brag to me about what he was doing. When the relationship would get the the point where the woman was pressuring him to commit to marriage, he would end it saying that he really wanted to marry someone without children.
Anonymous User
July 30, 2008
I know guys who target signle moos because they are an easy lay and have no self esteem and totally desperate
Anonymous User
July 30, 2008
I knew one guy my entire life who liked to date single moos. He was no prize and knew it, and I think single moos were all he could get.
kidlesskim
July 30, 2008
I have actually heard several men say that they seek out moos with calf for several reasons. First and foremost they are all on the hunt for a man to marry so their kids will have a live in dad and they can get ahold of his assets, so that makes them easy pickins. They have obviously already given it up a precious plenty and have a few fuck trophies to prove it, so they can't get all "virginal" on a new man and try and play the hold out game. They always have a fridge full of eats and snacks like icecream and cookies for late night munchies, and they will cook for the man rather than make him spend money on going out. After a few weeks or perhaps monthsm when she starts putting the pressure on for a ring, they either disappear or slowly work their way out of it.

I have never known ANY man who wants to raise another man's kids, nor do they wish to get involved in all of the shit and drama regarding baby daddy weekends for each kid, and the BIG and very real probability that they will want to breed with them right off the bat to establish a lifetime "bond" with him.
k-man
July 30, 2008
Some of the men's forums warn against dating and marrying single moos for these reasons:

1. The risk of false accusations of molestation if the kyd(s) get mad at the man—or if the moo gets mad at the man and coaches the kyds.

2. The increasing possibility of being ordered to pay child support after breaking up or divorcing, on the grounds that the man "established a bond" with the moo's preexisting kyds.

On No. 2, we're not talking about men who actually adopted the kyds being made to pay support, but simply men who were in the chyldren's life. Canada has had such a rule on the books for some time that kicks in after only six months living with the children, and it is increasingly common for former stepfathers there to be ordered to pay support after a divorce—in addition to the support the natural father pays. Australia is beginning to go down the same path. Washington state has such an explicit law about men who established the precious bond being potentially liable for support, and New Jersey is supposed to be working on a similar law.

Many moos are aware of these possibilities, especially in Canada, and try to snag a walking wallet for that purpose.
July 30, 2008
K-man, that makes me want to puke. This is another example of nice guys finishing last. Legal marriage is getting to be a real and royal financial sodomy to an American male. All the media ever says is that women are not happy because men "lack commitment". What they are forgetting to tell us is that "commitment" involves giving up an arm and a leg! In addition to lifetime of annuity payments. I think that liberals love that stuff because it eases load on the welfare system and "makes someone responsible". While I am firm birth control believer, I am starting to be a real anti-marriage advocate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login