KidFreeLuvnLife
971 In The Gym
February 14, 2006
"That made me feel very warm and smug inside." LC, you are so right! Hearing a comment like that would make any of us CF'ers feel very warm and smug and even MORE thankful that we are Childfree. And it's true, we CF'ers can live a more lavish lifestyle (within our means, of course) because we don't have a screaming shit loaf demanding every free dime we have.
CF VTer
Re: 971 In The Gym
February 14, 2006
We had a New Year's Eve party a few years back. Our XMas tree is decorated with antique glass ball ornaments. One of the women (who happens to have a daughter) said, "How do you manage to have a tree that's so nice...Oooooh, that's right, you don't have kids!"

No ma'am, we don't. smiling smiley

Every year DW and I remember that comment as we decorate.
CF Scorpio
Re: 971 In The Gym
February 14, 2006
LOL! Great post!

When DH and I bought our beautiful 3-bedroom 1700-square-foot waterfront house last August, a couple that came to our housewarming party said to me, "We were just discussing whether we'd be able to live in a house this SMALL!"

HUH? Why wouldn't this house be big enough for a couple? Oh, yeah...did I mention they're empty-nesters who live in a 4000 square foot house. WHY do they need all that room? Breeders, yecch!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.