Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TMC: WTF?

Posted by Rose Red 
TMC: WTF?
May 30, 2008
A quote from yesterday-

"I wish I could muster up the courage to end my life."

Not only are they having kids, they are mentally ill while raising them. TMC needs to be shut down.
Re: TMC: WTF?
May 30, 2008
but that doesnt stop the problem, blaming the site for a personal reason, its just one person and out of the thousands who post.. we have all said things we dont mean like that.

so while 1 person making a comment like that needs help, to shut down the entire thing.. if that same attitude then all you would need to do is make one comment like that and it will be shut down..

and you would then have irresponsible people making comments just to get boards shut down

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 30, 2008
I say let them end it all. The less breeders out there, the better.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
People willing to be so pathetic as to end their own life are welcome to it.They piss me off,willing to be so selfish while others (like myself) are fighting to keep their life.I have no pity for them.
May 30, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but that doesnt stop the problem, blaming the site
> for a personal reason, its just one person and out
> of the thousands who post.. we have all said
> things we dont mean like that.
>
> so while 1 person making a comment like that needs
> help, to shut down the entire thing.. if that same
> attitude then all you would need to do is make one
> comment like that and it will be shut down..
>
> and you would then have irresponsible people
> making comments just to get boards shut down

But they have opened it ostensibly to share in the joys of motherhood and it's a pit of self loathing, despair and bad parenting. It's vile. These are the same people who demonize US for our choices. There is something wrong with them and I'm just annoyed that they have free rein to bitch about how hard it is while putting on a brave face and deliberately annoying the rest of us. They shouldn't have a place to be two faced, the twats. There is some serious hatred there.
Catabat
May 30, 2008
It's an anonymous place for them to vent like we vent here. It annoys us that they say these things, but they can't say them to their SO's or their parents or other mommies either, so they have to have somewhere, or they probably would go nuts.

We should be grateful for TMC. Because now we have hard evidence that it's all a big steaming pile of bullshit, just like we always thought.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
Sorry, I think the two-faced side of TMC should be exploited to our benefit. We get the occasional troll, and I suppose, we could go there enmasse and troll them as well, pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. Of course the ensuing flame war would probably get us booted (which proves the point of that they are two-faced..).
Go to tmc_snark on live journal and you can snark some of the tmc & tdc comments. If you go that route, be a tad careful though: while we can spew all sorts of comments here, they aren't as tolerant there about it, even on that particular snark page. (see my post 'reading between the lines'.)
A) it is true mom confessions and as the name implies, this strikes me as all inclusive, the good, the bad, the really ugly, and the really stupid and hypo-critical.
b) I find it quite educational to see the train-wrecks amidst these breeders. I don't bother to read comments posted on the main thought. Trust me, the goody two-shoe moos that post 'i'm so happy with snotleigh' will be totally vicious to this depressed moo. It does not enter their conscious stream of thought that someone was duped into the breeding script, or falsely believed it and is now paying the price. "How can you not be happpyy with shitleigh?" and all the other putrid nonsense they spout. That study that was done proved that: if you don't know anything else (other than sprogging), of course that is joyful. (Since all these wannabe breeders are geared for just that: sprogging.)

However, the real issue is whether or not they are allowed to continue: I have to vote, let them continue. After all, it is a breeder site and such stupidity, cupidity, snobbery, etc is to be expected from them...their brains did go out with the afterbirth.

p.s.: as an example, Donahue, a loooooong time ago, had a mother on that had walked out on her two kids because she felt she was at the point she was going to do serious harm to them. rather than do that, she left.. Of course, some farking moo called in to berate her, point up her two darling little girls and how could any mother harm kiddies... (blech) Proof to the point that these moos cannot (mostly) think outside their own moo-dom to realize someone else should not have sprogged. They only go on as it relates to their own perfect mommyhood and their darling brats. (I would be willing to bet, if I could have tracked that donahue call in moo, her friends and acquantances would most likely have thought her two little angels as annoying little bratty, out of control bastards.)

P.P.S: Someone in the flame-war that erupted when I posted the comments in the mental health news categorized my comments as hate-speech and I should be elfed because of them. No one likes the truth.
May 30, 2008
I think TMC and TDC are valuable educational tools to show fence sitters that the world of parenthood isn't the glorious, rainbow drenched world of butterfly kisses and blissfull happiness that parents paint it as. Most parents, I'm sure, have days filled with regret, but are unable to truthfully admit it for fear of other parents. Also, if they were to be honest, it might dissuade someone from joining the parenting misery train...and that can't happen.

Let them anonymously admit their mistakes and let the rest of the world see the true face of parenting.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
str8six
May 30, 2008
I love TMC. Its solidifies all my instincts that parenthood is a crock of shit! Let the world see the truth. They are, unbeknownst to them, helping the CF cause....LET THE CONFESSIONS BEGIN!!!
May 30, 2008
Excellent, excellent points everyone. Hadn't thought of it that way. Have we been trolled lately?
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
I don't know about lately: the ones that do get flamed from all directions.
Of course, since they are totally self-righteous obnoxious twits, they totally are sanctimonious in their dismissal of us. The only recourse in this case, is to elf them and ban the suckers.
Maybe we should keep a score-board somewhere of troll sightings...
May 30, 2008
What does elf mean?
str8six
May 30, 2008
We need a troll right about now. Haven't had parental carnage strewn about around here in a while.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> What does elf mean?

Sorry, comes from my involvement with 'Compuserve'. Refers to an 'L-flag' which means someone has been banned from the forum. Eventually was shortened to 'elf'.
May 30, 2008
i miss the trolls.. i could really let loose.. no we havent been trolled much.. perhaps they are too scared..

here trolley trolley.. come to the nice cf board.. waves a set of birthcontrol to signal them

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 30, 2008
EXACTLY!

str8six Wrote:
> I love TMC. Its solidifies all my instincts that
> parenthood is a crock of shit! Let the world see
> the truth. They are, unbeknownst to them, helping
> the CF cause....LET THE CONFESSIONS BEGIN!!!
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
"heeeerre trolley trolley trolley..."

hahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa
Anonymous User
May 30, 2008
I could always invite my grandfather on this board. He's an anti-everything right wing Baptist nut job. He prays for me every day because I decided to be childfree.
June 02, 2008
I think we should take turns trolling ourselves, it would improve our debating skills.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
June 02, 2008
So... "efling" is like "plonking".... Sort of?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
June 02, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> So... "efling" is like "plonking".... Sort of?

uuuh,, I guess.. winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login