Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you seriously think EVERYONE should have kids?

Posted by Feh 
Do you seriously think EVERYONE should have kids?
June 02, 2008
In spite of the fact that most children who are abused, are abused by the people who brought them into this world, or relations/partners of said people? In spite of the fact that people who do not have children they don't want are able to devote their time making the world a better place for ALL, your rotten kids included?

Feel free to read the below story, which I got from thebritgirl.com
Norma (19:27:30) :

I never wanted children, never gushed over babies as some women (and men) do wanting to hold them and cooing at them. I don’t mind children, but other people’s and in small doses! After 13 years of marriage I became pregnant, an accident, I was terrified my husband was extatic. I plucked up the courage to voice my fears to people, but all I got was “you’ll be fine once you’ve had it” Well I did have him in 1989 I felt nothing, I stared down into his cot whilst in hospital willing this love to come with tears flooding down my face, it didn’t. Once I got home things got much worse I became very depressed and felt so guilty, I was convinced there was something missing in me or that I was evil. My husband in contrast was over the moon andyou could see the love for his son in his eyes. I ended up going back into hospital with postnatal depression, whilst I was in there my huband divorced me. I believe he thought I would harm the baby as I did not love it, could not bond with it and, if I’m honest, felt very resentful towards it at the time (even though I knew deep down it was not the child’s fault) I felt such a failure and my mother’s words: ” there must be something wrong with you if you don’t love your own flesh and blood” rang in my ears for years.

My son is 19 now, he has always lived with his dad but I have always seen him on a regular basis. We get on well and I like him, but to this day I do not love him as I feel a mother should. I have never told him of my lack of love now, and never would.

All I can say is, if you don’t want children then don’t let anyone or anything make you have them, because you may not be “alright when you’ve had it” love doesn’t automatically come after you have given birth, if ever, and you’ll just be setting yourself up for years of heartache, regret and, the worst of all, guilt.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Puts that stupid mantra 'it'll be different... you'll love it when it's here... ' to shame, eh?
All that is is stupid bull ####
This woman was ambivilent to begin with. (wonder if it was a deliberate oopsie on duhs part.. if it was, he sure got more than he bargained for).
Then he divorces her.. post partum dep.. my ass. She was depressed all right. he chose baby rather than her, it could have been put up for adoption... (I still don't like abortion, I still think it wrong somehow save in extreme cases..).
In some ways, it turned out fairly well.
Re: Do you seriously think EVERYONE should have kids?
June 02, 2008
One of the dirty little secrets of the medical profession is that 'mother love' and 'father love' is merely the side effect of a body chemical called oxytocin. Your body either generates it or it doesn't, but it has no bearing on the pregnancy or birth -- it only tricks you into thinking you 'love' this little leech who nearly killed you coming out of you.
June 03, 2008
Yea, same here. I just don't feel that motherly thing either.

I've got a very short fuse, a bad temper, I don't put up with bullshit, have a low tolerance for attitude and misbehavior, don't like cleaning up messes of any sort, hate being woken up, and I loathe noise. Peace, quiet, and serenity are my game.

I would make a terrible mother, I'd be the one you read about in the paper who flipped out one day and beat her kid to death.
June 03, 2008
That's exactly why I refuse to get married or even have an intimate relationship.

A child could happen anyway - and if not, the partner might secretly WANT a kyd.:/
That whole "you'll feel differently when it's your own" bullshit is the reason why I think we have so many angry breeders out there. You know the ones that troll the boards and tell us how we are child haters and the like? Maybe the flood of unconditional love feeling never came for them so they project that child hating bullshit on us. Too Freudian perhaps?
June 03, 2008
can you be too freudian..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 03, 2008
If truth be known, I bet a more mothers feel this way but are too afraid to voice their opinions.

Banshee, just my opinion and please feel free to tell me to shut up, but I think you can have an intimate relationship and/or get married. I don't know, maybe I was just lucky, but my spouse never wanted kids either. I think if you get to know a person over time and discuss it with him/her, you will usually be sure whether or not they want kids. There's always methods like vasectomy to make sure no accidents like what happened to the woman in the article. I've been married 23 years and neither of us misses having kids one bit. In fact, the older we get, the more we're convinced we made the right decision.
Good question, Mercurior. Just what is it that moos want? grinning smiley
I’m impatient, I hate loud noises (especially babies crying and – it’s evil to say this – the sound of kids laughing and playing), I hate having people in my space and sometimes when I get into a good video game, I ignore EVERYTHING for hours on end.

I choose not to have kids because I know I'd be a bad parent. If WE all understand that people don't magically change and become super-responsible, patient, tolerant, saintly do-gooders at the exact moment the kid pops out -- why can't other people?
June 04, 2008
I simply DON'T WANT TO DO THAT WORK. I think that's reason enough.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login