Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Juno

Posted by annie35 
Juno
June 03, 2008
Have you seen the movie Juno? There are some funny references in the movie to having kids and how bad it sucks.
The part Jennifer Garner played was such a pathetic soul, so consumed with brabies.
Peppertree
Re: Juno
June 03, 2008
I absolutely refuse to see Juno based on the fact that abortion is so glossed-over as an option in these types of movies. Yeah, it's always mentioned at some point, but the movie always takes the tone of "No way! Our little heroine is just too cute and plucky to have an ABORTION..."

I refuse to see movies or read books where some woman/girl is accidentally knocked up and is too stupid to get a termination.
Anonymous User
June 03, 2008
The movie was unrealistic. Juno acted and talked like a much older woman, not a teenager. It seemed weird.
June 03, 2008
I refuse to watch breeder movies. It's bad enough if I'm watching a sci-fi/suspense like, say, "Minority Report" - and it ends in a total breederific way. Urgh!
June 04, 2008
Wait, wait, wait- does the movie put forth the idea that teenage pregnancy is somehow cute/glamourous/easy?
str8six
June 04, 2008
I've never heard of the movie. I barely watch TV anyway but with Summer here, I might get an hour in at night (usually to watch my favorite show in the world, "Deadliest Catch" on Tuesday nights), or a few minutes in the morning to check out the weather for the day.

I don't go to theaters anymore because of...well, y'all know why. If there is a movie I'm extremely interested in, I will wait for the dvd and rent it.

TV and movies are over-rated. I'd rather be outside in my garden or caring for my wildbirds, riding my horse or driving my sports car. I hate the winter with a passion because I detest cold weather. So when spring and summer get here, I'm barely inside! It's all I can do to force myself to do laundry, clean house etc. but since I despise a dirty house and backed-up laundry, I do keep it up - just get up extra early in the morning and run around like a chicken with my head cut off to do a little in the house before work. This way, when I get home it's play until the sun goes down!
Anonymous User
June 04, 2008
I love Deadliest Catch!! great show!!
Anonymous User
June 04, 2008
I love Golden Girls and Designing Women (Delta Burke is HILARIOUS). My mom got me addicted to both when I was young.
June 04, 2008
I haven't seen the movie either, but I've heard about it. When I heard "teen" and "pregnancy" in the same sentence used to describe the plot, I decided to not waste my time. Slight spoliers, but the girl doesn't actually keep her loaf at the end. Why she didn't get a fuckin' abortion for a kid she wasn't going to keep anyway is beyond me. Idiot. A nice twist would have been her fuckbuddy shoving her down a flight of stairs.

And going right along with the breeder-pleasing film is this little fun fact: The screenwriter who created the story has a cre8ive name: Diablo. Cool...if you're a video game bishie or a character in Primal Rage. Otherwise, not so cool.
June 05, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RR, I've been wondering the same thing about Juno.
> What is it's ultimate baby point?
>
> I'm not a huge fan of tv or movies, either. I am
> spoiled on Showtime, but aside from that I rarely
> watch a film and ok, I have to get a Golden Girls
> fix nearly every day. I've been watching it since
> I was little and it feels good.

I'm with you- guess it's time for the home, luv- I find that show really relaxing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login