Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2724 - All Hail The Mighty Sportsmen!

Posted by Feh 
2724 - All Hail The Mighty Sportsmen!
June 04, 2008
What a bunch of pathetic losers...

"“I’m pretty furious about the time. It’s absolutely ridiculous,” said Peter Hantzis, 24, a Watertown resident and assistant basketball coach at Wheelock College. “It’s going to be a struggle to stay up.”"
You're 24 fucking years old, if you can't stay up past 9pm, you'd better just die now. You're an ASSISTANT basketball coach at some tiny college, so it's not like you can't come in late. Ever hear of caffeine, Coach Dumbass?

"“When they wake up in the morning the first thing out of their mouths is, ‘Daddy, did the Celtics win last night?’ ” said Jospeh Bettencourt of Dunstable."
And the problem with that is? It's not like the results won't be available...in the morning paper...on radio...television...the internet. If this is giving him howling fantods, I can't wait to see how he reacts to "where do babies come from?" That'll have him curled in the fetal position weeping for biddy, I'm sure.

"Bettencourt is in the unenviable position of deciding whether to let his 9-year-old triplets, Sarah, Sam and Steven, stay up past their 8:30 p.m. bedtime to watch the Finals. The children have been devoted Celts fans since they were 6 years old and received Celtics tickets in their Christmas stockings.
“I have no idea. They just love it and it’s really just a shame that they can’t see the other games because they are on so late,” said Bettencourt"
Gee, you know some people have to decide which of their children live and which die...in spite of all the hand wringing, they'll let their rotten kids stay up to watch it because they can't possibly say "No" to their children about watching something so important and life changing as a televised basketball game.

I love this quote though...
“There’s no perfect solution but the fact of the matter is these games are free,” said WCVB president and general manager Bill Fine. “You’re watching a tremendous athletic event at home for free and people make the adjustment.”
You got that right Bill, it's a free game on tv so shut your damned pie holes.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I can't believe this even qualifies as a news story.

"You're 24 fucking years old, if you can't stay up past 9pm, you'd better just die now. You're an ASSISTANT basketball coach at some tiny college, so it's not like you can't come in late. Ever hear of caffeine, Coach Dumbass?"

LOL bouncing and laughing
Record the damned game. It's going to be just as exciting and you can fast forward through the commercials. It doesn't matter if you know who won or not, it's still going to be a great game. It's basketball, not a once in a lifetime event.
Re: 2724 - All Hail The Mighty Sportsmen!
June 05, 2008
i dont understand how a 6 year old ot a 7 year old could understand the game, when i was 7 i had the attention span of a flea.. apart from reading of course.. sports at age 6..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: 2724 - All Hail The Mighty Sportsmen!
June 05, 2008
I have yet to give a shit about this stuff. I hate sports except for hockey.

But, once again, its aaaaaaaaalllllll about the breeders and their needs.

And once again, some stupid ass is dumb enough to coddle their cries for justice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login