Moo Fakes Cancer For $$$$$
May 18, 2013
So the moo of 2 young boys faked having cancer to get herself a financial windfall, and to have people fawning over her. As if that wasn't bad enough, she was busted for filing a false claim of rape; AND she's already put someone in prison for rape, that may not have ever really happened.

Ylen's community, which had come to admire her as the subject of a newspaper's award-winning 2003 series about surviving a rape, rallied when her cancer diagnosis became public. Churches sold Super Bowl sub sandwiches and auction items to raise money. Friends cut her grass, bathed her at her modest home and provided hot meals. An insurance company paid nearly $100,000 for hospice care.

Now the 38-year-old is charged with fraud, false pretenses and using a computer to commit a crime after state police found no doctor who diagnosed cancer. The charges come as those who regularly helped Ylen reel from the news that the man who spent nearly 10 years in prison for her rape was released last year, after newly discovered evidence cast doubt on whether she'd ever been attacked.

"The fact that she's lived this long is a miracle. But maybe it wasn't a miracle after all. ... I'm just baffled. Is she the biggest con artist in the state of Michigan or the victim?" Connell said.

In 2002, Ylen told police she had been raped in broad daylight in a Meijer store parking lot more than a year earlier.

There was no surveillance video, physical evidence or witnesses. James Grissom, an off-duty Meijer employee with a past sex-related conviction, was charged after Ylen said her attacker, like Grissom, had a skull tattoo. He was found guilty in 2003 and sentenced to at least 15 years in prison, an enhanced punishment because Ylen said her attacker gave her a sexually transmitted disease.

Next, Ylen told her story to the Port Huron Times Herald. She said she wanted people to see her as a "victor," not a "victim." Readers inspired by "Sara's Story," as the series was titled, started a fund to send her to community college.

But it didn't take long for Ylen's story to start unraveling. Authorities learned she claimed to have been kidnapped and raped while visiting her parents in Bakersfield, Calif., just months after the alleged parking lot attack back in Michigan. No charges were filed.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/cancer-fraud-rape-case-confuses-angers-mich-town
Re: Moo Fakes Cancer For $$$$$
May 18, 2013
I'll be surprised if this moo's sons don't grow up to be felons...

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
May 19, 2013
Muchausen syndrome.

Take those kids away from her, or she will break their arms to have even more simpathy (some moohs do this)

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
May 19, 2013
"She has a brilliant mind..."

No, not really. Anybody can trick anybody, but it takes someone like her with sheer gall to try the cancer card.

When my mom first had cancer and started her treatments, there were two changes that could not be copied. One was a constant clammy pallor to her complexion; sallow and yellow, especially around the nape of her neck where hair had fallen out and fresh scalp was exposed. Another was this...odor emitting from her pores as she sweat profusely. It was a bizarre odor, like I could almost taste it; like metal. Of course, it might've been just me who could smell it, but it was unmistakable.
May 19, 2013
cfchevygirl
So the moo of 2 young boys faked having cancer to get herself a financial windfall, and to have people fawning over her. As if that wasn't bad enough, she was busted for filing a false claim of rape; AND she's already put someone in prison for rape, that may not have ever really happened.

Ylen's community, which had come to admire her as the subject of a newspaper's award-winning 2003 series about surviving a rape, rallied when her cancer diagnosis became public. Churches sold Super Bowl sub sandwiches and auction items to raise money. Friends cut her grass, bathed her at her modest home and provided hot meals. An insurance company paid nearly $100,000 for hospice care.

Hate to quote myself, but this is the part that really made my jaw drop. She had friends bathing her?

Certainly we are all well aware of the selfish demands of moos and thing they expect other people to do for them, but somehow, bathing just stands out. I mean, why??? Obviously -- like most moos -- she was too lazy to do the thing that the rest of folks have to do, like mowing the lawn and cooking, but wtf do you get brass balls to ask your friends and neighbors to come in and physically clean you, when you are perfectly fine and healthy?

Must be a special kind of moo laziness/insanity.
May 19, 2013
This is just sickening. My mom's going through cancer herself, and like someone else mentioned, there are some things that just can't be faked. She would do anything to go back to the way was (but that's not possible now), and this fucking bint is faking a killer disease just to get some cash. I hope the fucking cunt (cancer faker) dies a horrible death.

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
May 19, 2013
I kind of hope she gets cancer for real.
Anonymous User
May 19, 2013
juniper jupiter

No, not really. Anybody can trick anybody, but it takes someone like her with sheer gall to try the cancer card.

When my mom first had cancer and started her treatments, there were two changes that could not be copied. One was a constant clammy pallor to her complexion; sallow and yellow, especially around the nape of her neck where hair had fallen out and fresh scalp was exposed. Another was this...odor emitting from her pores as she sweat profusely. It was a bizarre odor, like I could almost taste it; like metal. Of course, it might've been just me who could smell it, but it was unmistakable.

No it is pretty hard to fake the real effects of chemo and radiation. Those going through chemo and such usually smell like chemicals and such. My own mother had paper-thin skin, a chemical smell, some radiation burning, a port, and oh yeah, no more breasts.

It is easy to fake to those who I suppose have little experience with cancer or are not around the faker much. She is not the first fake cancer fundraiser, that is for sure.
May 19, 2013
Holee fuck. This takes attention whoring to a whole new level. I guess being a paaaarent was so rewarding you had to lie about being raped, and then lie about having cancer, not to mention sending a guy to prison for a crime he never committed and con money out of your community. I guess when the pregnancy attention wore off, you had to stoop to new lows.
Lying bitch should be made to pay back every penny. What really pisses me off is what impact will this have on actual rape victims? What about all those women who were raped but won’t tell anyone because they think no one will believe them?
Further proof that parenting does not make one a better person
May 19, 2013
I agree that the bathing thing is what leaped out to me, too. WTF? It's got to be some kind of metaphorical thing, like "they showered her with gifts" instead of actually coming over and physically bathing her...right....right????
Anonymous User
May 19, 2013
thundergirl85
I agree that the bathing thing is what leaped out to me, too. WTF? It's got to be some kind of metaphorical thing, like "they showered her with gifts" instead of actually coming over and physically bathing her...right....right????

No, I think they mean actually bathed her. Such a need would exist for some cancer patients depending on their treatments and state of health....but actual cancer patients. Not big fat fakers.
May 19, 2013
ratherdive
juniper jupiter

No it is pretty hard to fake the real effects of chemo and radiation. Those going through chemo and such usually smell like chemicals and such. My own mother had paper-thin skin, a chemical smell, some radiation burning, a port, and oh yeah, no more breasts.

It is easy to fake to those who I suppose have little experience with cancer or are not around the faker much. She is not the first fake cancer fundraiser, that is for sure.

I can't believe I forgot about the port! But then again, unless you're shirtless (like during this moo's baths), and depending on the exact location, nobody who hasn't seen cancer secondhand would be looking for it. My mom's was just below her collarbone. She fucking hated it.

(Sorry about your mom's cancer, BTW)
Anonymous User
May 19, 2013
juniper jupiter
ratherdive
juniper jupiter

I can't believe I forgot about the port! But then again, unless you're shirtless (like during this moo's baths), and depending on the exact location, nobody who hasn't seen cancer secondhand would be looking for it. My mom's was just below her collarbone. She fucking hated it.

(Sorry about your mom's cancer, BTW)

Yeah, the port is pretty icky. It kind of reminded me of the poor cow that was at my former nearby university. The one that had a hole in its side so people could watch it digest. Gross. My mother hated hers too...it was always having issues.

My mum is, fortunately, doing well these days and is officially in remission. Some after-effects, but alive and well. I am sorry to hear about your mom though, too. Cancer sucks. My family has some crappy genetics that way! Reason #752 for not having kids. Genetics, and not wanting to waste my years on brats just to up and die just before or just after they are old enough to care for themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login