Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2775 Nicknames

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2775 Nicknames
June 30, 2008
Wow. Um, like, how original.

No, more like how stupid, disrespectful and ghetto-like.
Re: 2775 Nicknames
June 30, 2008
Lessee the origins of these nick names...
G-Dog, because he's screwing his secretary and everyone knows it, or he just looks like a dog.
P-Money, because that's the one that controls the purse strings.
Big Anne, because all the kids think she's fat.

And there you have it, an entitled child's version of respect, "I'm dissing you to your face". However, since the think their kids and kid's friends are including them in their world, parents lap it up.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
June 30, 2008
Believe me, if I had kids and thank DOG I don't, it would be Dad. No calling me some "cute" gangsta-type name. I am your parent, not your best friend, or one of the local gangbangers.

No wonder these little crotchdumplings have no damned respect for adults..and paruhnts who permit bullshit like this deserve NONE!
RatsNotBrats
June 30, 2008
This isn't 'cute' or even funny. It reeks of disrespect. There seems to be a trend where parents attempt to bond with their teenagers by adopting some kind of ridiculous urban slang. It's almost as if they think the kids will respect them more if they try and prove how 'hip' they are to the teens and their friends. If I'm ever unfortunate enough to reproduce, I can guarantee you I will not be called 'J-Money' or any variation on that. Parents need to start being parents to their kids, and not act like just another of their buddies.

My father is a very good man with a fun-loving, gregarious personality - but when I was growing up, he was also the no-bullshit type of parent. I smarted off to him once and called him by his first name in a very sarcastic, surly way....and let me tell you, it was the first and last time I ever did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login