Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Worthy Cat Puke

Posted by SlumSlut 
A Worthy Cat Puke
July 01, 2008
I just cleaned up one of the grossest cat pukes (there were actually 2, possibly 3 'cause they usually come in 3's but maybe I haven't found one yet) and did not take a picture like I promised before. I hope you folks will not hate me for that. Have a nice evening.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: A Worthy Cat Puke
July 02, 2008
HA! LOL Our one guy always pukes in 3's also. We keep newspaper sheets strategically placed around the house to catch it in time because he always announces when he's going to yak.
July 02, 2008
These were nasty hairball pukes. Sometimes, it's just like, partially-used dry cat food (Hill's c/d) which is usually "taken care-of" by Kenya before I even notice it.

The other day I let Frankie out, and the first thing he did was eat a giant grass-salad, and puke-city. But that one was outside.
July 02, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HA! LOL Our one guy always pukes in 3's also.
> We keep newspaper sheets strategically placed
> around the house to catch it in time because he
> always announces when he's going to yak.

Same here.
July 02, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> I just cleaned up one of the grossest cat pukes
> (there were actually 2, possibly 3 'cause they
> usually come in 3's but maybe I haven't found one
> yet) and did not take a picture like I promised
> before. I hope you folks will not hate me for
> that. Have a nice evening.

God, I came home to 5 one day. I just gave up and combed (ahem) the whole house.
July 02, 2008
Funny you should mention cat puke. Yesterday I came home from work and one of my cats was getting ready to hork up a big one. I quickly picked him up and hobbled to the bathroom (I have a broken foot so I have a cast and crutches). I put him in the bathtub and let him have it. He horked up a big one and then I just washed it down the drain. Much easier than cleaning it up off the carpet, lol.

Does your cat talk in tongues before he pukes? I swear my cat does and it's the only way to describe it. That's how I know he's gonna puke.
July 02, 2008
My daughter, Sphynx, sometimes does vocalizations, and I usually find that it is when she is about to have a difficult time getting it to come out.

Sometimes, the cats start to hork from high up on a shelf, or over the edge of something where things below could get hit by the puke. I can usually wake up in time to move the cat to the floor (unless I am awake already of course) provided it does the hork long enough in advance.

Once, I had a cat who would puke without giving warning sounds.
July 02, 2008
OMG!!! YESSSS!!! He does this "LLLWWWAAAA LLLWWWAAAA LLLWWWAAAA" thing REALLY loudly. It's hysterical. I come running with some newspaper and he know to sit there and yak on the paper.

The kitty that does this is diabetic so it's not a good thing when he pukes. It sometimes knocks his blood sugar all out of whack. sad smiley We have to watch this particular guy with plastic grocery bags, he LOVES to chew off the handles and puke them up.

m4p Wrote:
> Does your cat talk in tongues before he pukes? I
> swear my cat does and it's the only way to
> describe it. That's how I know he's gonna puke.
July 02, 2008
m4p Wrote:
> Funny you should mention cat puke. Yesterday I
> came home from work and one of my cats was getting
> ready to hork up a big one. I quickly picked him
> up and hobbled to the bathroom (I have a broken
> foot so I have a cast and crutches). I put him in
> the bathtub and let him have it. He horked up a
> big one and then I just washed it down the drain.
> Much easier than cleaning it up off the carpet,
> lol.
>
> Does your cat talk in tongues before he pukes? I
> swear my cat does and it's the only way to
> describe it. That's how I know he's gonna puke.

Mine used to make this funny warbling sound and we'd run for the paper towels.
Anonymous User
July 02, 2008
Sometimes, some of our cats would make this doleful, mournful gut-wrenching 'merooooooow'.... Time to pick cat up and run for the door.
July 02, 2008
I don't do rugs anymore. If it isn't the puke, it's the pee or the hair that sticks to them.

My daughter, Sphynx, had to go up to the vet today, and they had to sedate her so she's sitting in a carrier now and it smells like shit and that vet-antiseptic chemical they use whenever they do surgery or whatever. It seems that something chewed her up pretty good all over her hind legs and feet and part of her groin. I suspect that it may have been a raccoon because I saw one in the yard during the day over the weekend. I thought about calling animal control, as raccoons usually don't come out in the middle of the day, but it walked into the bushes in the front yard and I didn't see it again. Sphynx (and other cats) like to sit in the garden in the front yard. then I didn't see her until yesterday, and she was all messy from the rain we had. She was limping, but that's because she's missing the toes on her right front foot from something that happened four years ago. That is why I think a raccoon could get her, it definitely wasn't another cat and we don't really see fisher cats in this part of the city, but we do have raccoons, possums and skunks. The possums and cats ignore each other, and skunks do what skunks do best, but I'm thinking no other cats were bothered by this raccoon because Sphynx would have trouble going up something fast. Although, she hasn't had any problem since the foot thing... She has other problems, she's extremely obese, and gets impacted anal glands. She is going to be a house cat from now on.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

bratBgone
July 02, 2008
Poor Sphynx! I sure hope your kitty is feeling better soon. Both of my sweet girls are inside kitties. I live near a busy road.
k-man
July 02, 2008
Poofy_puff, your kitty Sphynx is up to date on her rabies shots, isn't she? I don't like the sound of that apparent raccoon attack, especially during daylight. Out my way (near East Coast) raccoons are huge vectors for rabies, along with bats, foxes, and skunks. If you see any of these animals prowling during the day, you must assume the worst.
July 03, 2008
Yes, Sphynx has her rabies shot. There are stray and feral cats living out there that do not, however, I suspect that they may be able to run away a lot better since they aren't missing all the toes on one foot.
July 03, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> Yes, Sphynx has her rabies shot. There are stray
> and feral cats living out there that do not,
> however, I suspect that they may be able to run
> away a lot better since they aren't missing all
> the toes on one foot.

sorry about your babe! Mine have always been indoors- we have raccoons, some foxes, and i DON'T trust the kids at all.
July 03, 2008
Sorry about your baby, I hope she will be back to normal in no time.

I'm glad you've decided to keep her in, it's a much safer place for kitties. If it isn't other animals, it's the sick, twisted people that inflict horrors on cats. I read about that shit all the time. Coyotes often take cats as tasty snacks, also.

Our 5 babies are all indoors and have their claws. I'd go into cardiac arrest if any of them got outside. I will take them out on their leash for a bit on the weekends in the yard, but that's it. We have 2 girls that were outdoor feral rescues and now that they are indoors since we have them, you can't get them NEAR the open door or they panic and start to pant and freak.
July 03, 2008
Some of them stay in because I make them, some stay in because they choose to, and a few only come inside when I make them do so. There is one who I put outside because she is semi-feral and has two different kidney conditions (one is atrophied, the other is enlarged polycystic) which make her pee unexpectedly and involuntarily. A handful go in and out all year. Sphynx usually stays out in the summer and stays in in the winter. She hardly ever moves from her spot (on the Freecycle cart) except to eat and shit. That is why I didn't think anything would happen. It is rather strange to see a raccoon out during the day, but it wasn't behaving strangely and it just disappeared from my view. I didn't want to call Animal Control and say, "There was a raccoon in my yard, but I don't see it anymore." They would just tell me to stay in the house. It has happened before when I called about a pack of dogs roaming the neighborhood (years ago). One time, there was a squirrel acting all deranged, and we called, but it was hanging out in the middle of the yard running in circles and occasionally charging at one of the cats, then stopping, etc. A man came and scooped it into a bucket, and I assume they took it and tested it for rabies, but I never heard anything back about it.
July 03, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> Sorry about your baby, I hope she will be back to
> normal in no time.
>
> I'm glad you've decided to keep her in, it's a
> much safer place for kitties. If it isn't other
> animals, it's the sick, twisted people that
> inflict horrors on cats. I read about that shit
> all the time. Coyotes often take cats as tasty
> snacks, also.
>
> Our 5 babies are all indoors and have their claws.
> I'd go into cardiac arrest if any of them got
> outside. I will take them out on their leash for
> a bit on the weekends in the yard, but that's it.
> We have 2 girls that were outdoor feral rescues
> and now that they are indoors since we have them,
> you can't get them NEAR the open door or they
> panic and start to pant and freak.

that's so funny! We have one feral that runs the other way from an open door. She know's what it's about.
July 03, 2008
PoofyPuff, I'm so sorry to hear about Sphynx and hope she feels better soon. Glad to hear she'll be indoors only now. Both my cats are indoors because we have lots of wildlife where I live and other dangers. Unfortunately it's just not safe for them outside. Sometimes I do take them out on harnesses. One of my cats likes it, the other one refuses to walk. As soon as I put the harness on him, he lays down and won't move, lol. Anyways, hope your baby gets well soon smiling smiley
July 03, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> OMG!!! YESSSS!!! He does this "LLLWWWAAAA
> LLLWWWAAAA LLLWWWAAAA" thing REALLY loudly. It's
> hysterical. I come running with some newspaper
> and he know to sit there and yak on the paper.

ROFL! You described the sound exactly! That's pretty cool that your kitty will puke on newspaper. I need to teach mine that.
July 03, 2008
Oh, Poofy_puff, I sure hope Sphynx will be alright! Big hugs to you both!

When my 2 cats are about to throw up a hairball, they make gross "slurping" sounds.

They've also taken to puking on my sandals, which I keep by the door. There are 3 pairs and they've gotten them all. Is that a message? I think they don't want me to ever leave the house!
July 05, 2008
Unfortunately, my cats will give me no warning when they need to puke, on the rare occasion they do. There are days one of them will dry heave for about ten minutes and nothing comes of it, and other days, I'll just hear a tell-tale "bbbllluugghh" and come upstairs to find a pile of vomit and one of the cats staring at it like, "When did I eat that?". And I needed to clean it up fast or else the dog will come and eat it, and I don't want to be licked by an animal that licks her bum, eats cat shit and vomit.

On the subject of bodily fluids of cats, something funny happened recently with my boy Rolly. This cat likes to chew and eat stuff he shouldn't, his favorite forbidden food being those netted bags oranges are packed in. I guess he found a loose string from a rug or the couch and ate that, and he was walking around a couple nights ago with a turd dangling off his bum. I cleaned him off and realized it was dangling by that lovely string he ate. Yum.
Anonymous User
July 07, 2008
I don't know if it was here or petwarmers... if here, forgive me..
If here, it was this scenario..
Cat had what looked like string coming out of butt. Owner gets a piece of paper and grabs hold of it. String is actually rubber band and is not quite ready to be fully released. Cat takes off, owners loses grip on rubberband which promptly snaps back giving poor kitty quite a 'crack' in the butt, which elicits even faster exit.
July 07, 2008
One time I found a piece of carpet-yarn stuck to the floor that looked like it had taken a trip through some cat's GI tract.

July 07, 2008
Just a word of warning, you should never pull on string from a cat's butt. String or thread can twist around the cat's intestines, and can even cut it like a saw. It's always a good idea if you see string hanging out of your cat's butt, take it to a vet.

"String is the wonderful toy that you drag around on the floor for your cat to follow. But if it swallows the string, it immediately become very dangerous. Especially when your cat swallows a needle and thread. But even if there is no needle a piece of string, yarn, thread, dental floss, curling ribbon or fishing line, can stick in the intestines and cause ache, damage to the intestines or even death. When you leave home, put all these things away. If you find the end of a string hanging out from the mouth or backside of your cat, DON'T PULL IT OUT! If it is stuck in your cat's intestine, you may damage them by pulling on it. Instead, rush your cat immediately to the vet. It's quite necessary!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login