Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I know a lot of you don't like Dr Laura but...

Posted by Anonymous User 
I got a real kick out of her yesterday (july 2) ream out a stupid moo with 3 sprogs for her responsibility for contributing to the mess she was in.
I know folk here will be unsympathetic, so am I (because ultimately the kids themselves are the losers).
She married while still in college. The guy went (and graduated) from dental school, accruing 200,000 in debt. She KNEW this guy helped his (mind you 'his') family out financially constantly. It wasn't frivoulous help, generally went towards medical stuff and repair. (However, this guy obviously hasn't made the switch that he has a family now to take care of.. the point was, this bimbo saw this and still went ahead with the marriage... rabid for the white dress.)
In the middle of this, and I tend to think it started when they were in college (her words "I didnt' want to be old when I had my kids") she grinds out 3 loafs. She says it was mutual (she lacked the balls to tell him 'not while we are financially unstable, when you keep financially supporting 'your' family while we drive a falling apart van.. ' and don't forget she wanted the loafs before she was 'old') decision.
Of course, he continues to financially spend on HIS family and she's bitching about it. She would not face the fact that she contributed to this debacle. Not once, but 3 times. Sprogging when you can't afford it.
Brains went out with the afterbirth.
Dr. Laura's right, she is responsible for the mess she is in.

This man probably never loved her and she knew that. Having 3 kids while you are still in college is insane.

Let me guess....she thinks everyone else owes her.
Yo' Casseyrod, I am not sure she thought everyone owed her, I think she was tired of not having 'nice' things while hubby spent on his side of the family.
Since these habits were obvious BEFORE they even walked down the aisle and BEFORE she sprogged 3 times, what (as Dr L asked) made her think that he was going to change just because they got hitched??
Sometimes Laura reacts the way she does because people just call up for another audience to complain to. One also cannot help people unless they are willing to take some steps. ... can only work with what people want to do...
Re: I know a lot of you don't like Dr Laura but...
July 03, 2008
It is definitely this moo's fault. To marry a man who thinks only of 'his' family and then to sprog three times with said 'man' is the height of stupidity. Bed. Made. Lie.
I briefly dated a man who was from another country and he sent about half of his income home to his parents. He said he felt obligated to support them, and in his culture, that was expected. He had a good job, but he slept on a mattress on the floor of an efficiency apartment, so he could afford to send all that money home to his parents. And his parents already seemed to have a fairly decent lifestyle, even without his financial support. It was bizarre.

I knew darn well I would never be able to marry someone and have half our income going to support their parents. So I didn't keep seeing him. You can't expect people to change once they marry you.
Re: I know a lot of you don't like Dr Laura but...
July 03, 2008
I can't watch any of those types of shows. It's not the host I hate, it's the Darwin candidates that are on the show.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login