Advanced

why oboomer, why?

Posted by nowhiggers 
nowhiggers
why oboomer, why?
July 04, 2008
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080703/D91MKQ681.html

Damn.

Oboomer was really getting on my good side there for a while. Now he has to go and kiss fundy ass and say how "mental distress" is not a "real" physical illness that would entitle someone to a late term abortion. What a backwards fucking asshole.

So, Oboomer, if the mother is a raging bipolar, pregnant and having a manic episode, she should be forced to carry? What the fuck is this, the middle ages? Since when is mental illness not a "real" illness?

If mental illness isn't biological, why the fuck are there hundreds of prescription meds designed for no other purpose than to treat the biological basis of mental illness?????????

This is some fucked up shit to be sure.

Well, the only thing I can think of is that maybe he is kissing fundy ass to get elected and won't bother outlawing late term abortions for mental health issues once he's in there. Either that or the fuck actually believes that mental illness is not a "real" illness.

Maybe I'll go back to writing in Daffy Duck as planned.
Anonymous User
Re: why oboomer, why?
July 04, 2008
This is why i dont even bother voting, its all bullshit and a total waste of time. YOUR VOTE DOES NOT count,
July 05, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is why i dont even bother voting, its all
> bullshit and a total waste of time. YOUR VOTE
> DOES NOT count,

This is so true here in MA, a state that Obumma will win big.

Both Obumma and McLame propose more giveaways for breeders. Obumma wants to increase the "earned" income credit. McLame wants to double the brat tax credit. No matter who wins, we will be screwed.

If the fundies want every pignasty to result in a birth, they should be forced to pay for the brats instead of us. If that happened, they would suddenly drop the "Save the baybeeeees" bullshit.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
nowhiggers
July 07, 2008
rabbit, I do agree with you to a point here... and yes there is a lot of overdiagnosis going on these days.

i have a friend that is truly bipolar. it's no fun and was not a "trendy" diagnosis for him. he's really got it, and it's some hard shit to live with.

real bipolar will produce brain scans that look like epilepsy, that's why a lot of scientists believe that bipolar is actually another form of epilepsy, and why epilepsy drugs are given to bipolars as a first line of treatment much of the time.

but you are right in many things you said here, esp when it comes to brats. bratley doesn't behave, well he must be bipolar! and this kind of trendy diagnosing really hurts the people who do suffer with this illness and all of it's physical effects.

now, back to the real bipolars...

my friend had been hospitalized some years ago and at that time he did not know his diagnosis, they never fucking told him at the hospital, if you can believe that. they did tell members of his family, who never fucking told him. he comes out of the hospital thinking that what he had was a "nervous breakdown" it was actually a manic episode with psychosis. some years later he has another episode, goes to the hospital and all of a sudden it comes out he is bipolar, they told him after they were able to get the psychosis under control. he's getting medication now, and been on it doing well for a few years. he's much more able to function. this is the REAL bipolar.

but you know, i'd rather see abortion remain legal under mental circumstances than for someone truly mentally ill to be forced to give birth just because oboomer thinks its not "real."

all of these badly behaved sprog "bipolar" diagnosis are killing the adults who really do have this disease in that their families, friends, etc, do not take it as seriously as they should. bipolar has a higher mortality rate than many cancers, 1 in 5 bipolars die either through suicide or an accident they cause while in a psychotic episode.

and i do blame the breeders for this "trendy" diagnosing. They need to give their damn brats some discipline...oh, but that's so much haaaaarrrdderrr than having some shady shrink write out a "bipolar" diagnosis.
Nour
July 07, 2008
I just read that steaming pile o' shit article.
Fuck Barack Obama.
nowhiggers
July 07, 2008
I would rather err on the side of wrong and let the woman have the abortion whether her "mental illness" is faked or not... It's dangerous to go down that path though to decide if a pregnant woman is imagining things, faking or really sick to as whether or not she can get an abortion. Oboomer is totally living in the 12th century if he thinks that we need to go down that road.

Another thing is that borderline personality disorder can be misdiagnosed as bipolar and the other way around as well because many of the symptoms are the same, although there are major differences too.

When I saw my friend in his manic episode before he went to the hospital he was clearly out of touch with reality and did not think he was sick at all. You know, I've seen crazy homeless people in the street mumbling to themselves, but the first time I saw someone close to me actually have one of these episodes, it was like, wow... there was no mistaking this for some kind of brain chemistry gone awry! It was like nothing I had seen before. As if the person I knew was missing and someone else was in their body.

Anyhow... I'm just blabbing about this stuff because it really made me think, is oboomer that fucking stupid and 12th century or is he pandering to the fundies.. maybe it's a bit of both.

And as for the medications involved in this.. my friend had to fight the doctors tooth and nail to give him lithium (a mineral salt, not a drug) because he did not want to be on pharms, it's working out well for him. The pharms were what screwed him up almost worse than the bipolar... yes the medications are sometimes worse than the disease. And so many of these doctors do not want to give lithium anymore, even though it is the safest (but not for everyone, but for the majority) and most tested and effective, gold standard for 50 years in bipolar treatment, for someone with real bipolar disorder, they want to push the pharms.

hehe, and i've got another old friend that we don't see too much of anymore because his brain is so fried from the drugs they have him on he actually puts people in dangerous situations, either in his car or allowing his psychopathic brother around. I'm no doctor, but i totally think that the 10 drugs they have him on are not for bipolar at all, they are trying to medicate narcissistic personality disorder out of him, which of course, is not curable with psychiatric medications.

But I'll tell ya, a lot of these shrinks I have known of from the years of being around these two friends seem to all be 1. whoring for the pharm companies and 2. more like drug dealers than physicians. 3. willing to write up any diagnosis that makes the patient happy instead of facing the truth, a bratty child, a narcissistic idiot, etc. I've heard 2 or 3 good shrink reports out of the hundreds of times I have heard people bitching about them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login