Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2787: Shriekers in NYC apartments

Posted by catmeow 
2787: Shriekers in NYC apartments
July 05, 2008
It's sad that people like Jennifer are afraid to say what's on their mind for fear of being labeled "anti-crotchfruit."

Breeders feel "persecuted"? GMAFB! It pisses me off that the writer makes the brat makers out to be victims.

I want it to be legal to ban brats in apartments; after all, it's legal to ban pets (who are much better behaved).

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Re: 2787: Shriekers in NYC apartments
July 06, 2008
I am SO tired of breeders whining that they're persecuted. It is they who are selfish and inconsiderate, expecting people to put up with their ill-behaved brats.

I, too, wish that sproggen could be banned from apartment buildings or complexes. Of course that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Only breeders seem to have rights. What about the rights of the CF (and others) to a peaceful existence without all the shrieking, pounding, and all the other annoying crap sproggen do? I guess were just supposed to put up with it ad infinitum.
July 07, 2008
The sad thing is, you try to ban kids from buildings and they sue you.

Yet, I have a friend whose in-laws own some apartment buildings in the area, and he said the ones where kids live are always the ones needing major clean up, carpet replaced, etc., when they move out. Oh and of course they cry when they don't get their security deposits back.

Why should landlords have to put up with that shit?
July 07, 2008
Someone in one of my CF Meetup groups moved here from California several years ago. She told me that it was legal to have bratfree apartments there in the 1970s. I don't know (and she doesn't know) if it was legal anywhere else.

We need to make it legal again--and this time everywhere!

My understanding is that a federal housing regulation written in the 1980s broadly forbids discrimination against famblees with kyds. The exception is for communities intended for senior citizens (55 and older). This issue comes up in real estate commentary in newspapers regularly. In other words, a renter or seller generally cannot refuse to rent or sell housing to people with sprogs, unless the property is in a "retirement community".

Will double-check, and if I find out anything different, will post details here.
nowhiggers
July 07, 2008
Oh there are ways of keeping brats out for the most part, and the most effective way I have seen was the way that our old apt complex did it. If breeders did move in, they moved out at the end of their lease or they just broke the lease and left. lol. Here's how they did it:

All of the apartments were on ONE utility meter, and at the end of the month based on how many people were living in your apartment, you paid a share of the bill. So, the more people living there, the more your bill. LMAO, I can't tell you how many times I walked into the rental office to find breeders in there whailing and crying about their share of the utility bill. LMAO. Only to be told, look, you were told when you moved in that it is based on how many people are living in your apartment. LMAO. Breeders actually had to, for once in their goddamned pathetic lives PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE of the utilities. LMAO.

See here in CA, PGE (the major utility company) has a special deal for breeders that make anywhere from 0k (welfare) up to 70k (depending on how many brats they have) where the PGE will discount their bills 20 or 30%. At the apt complex, breeders could not take advantage of that because it was all on one meter. LMAO. So who pays for the PGE discount? You guessed it. PEOPLE WITHOUT KIDS. But not at the apt complex, no, there we purposely wasted lots of utility, put our pets in for daily showers and shit like that because we were only 2 people in one unit our bill was always ridiculously low, so I figured the breeders could pay for our pets showers and so forth. winking smiley

catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone in one of my CF Meetup groups moved here
> from California several years ago. She told me
> that it was legal to have bratfree apartments
> there in the 1970s. I don't know (and she doesn't
> know) if it was legal anywhere else.
>
> We need to make it legal again--and this time
> everywhere!
July 07, 2008
A friend of mine who owned apartments made it quite clear when breeders applied to rent a unit that there was somone else head of them in queue for the unit, so they had first dibs. When breeders called to check, the unit had already been rented to the person ahead of them in the queue. LMAO. So far as I know, he was never caught out at it and the complex remained blissfully brat-free. LMAO. Way to go landlord!
nowhiggers
July 07, 2008
We had some property mgmt company do that to us once in favor of famblies applying to rent houses! LOL! We didn't know it, but the prop mgmt company was owned by fundies (we found this out after submitting credit and getting our credit dinged by them with an inquiry). We picked a house that we were in love with, submitted and passed credit and then came back a day later to be told that there was a "fambly" in line for the house already, and for us to pick something else. Well what they were trying to do was shunt off the childfree folks to the shitty trashy properties, while giving famblies first dibbs on the nice stuff.

We never went back after seeing the other houses they had to offer us with the stellar credit we have. Not to mention, we had 50k in the bank at the time. Now I know for a fuckin fact that breeder famblies "renting" weren't at all close to our credit and bank account. They actually put a section 8 breeder into the nice house we had picked out at first.

They preferred section 8 breeder to the childfree, go figure. Property owners beware of the prop management companies you use.

MerlynHerne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A friend of mine who owned apartments made it
> quite clear when breeders applied to rent a unit
> that there was somone else head of them in queue
> for the unit, so they had first dibs. When
> breeders called to check, the unit had already
> been rented to the person ahead of them in the
> queue. LMAO. So far as I know, he was never caught
> out at it and the complex remained blissfully
> brat-free. LMAO. Way to go landlord!
July 07, 2008
I don't have crotchshit where I live because all the apartments are one-bedrooms or studios; the places aren't big enough for breeders, their spawn, their fucks of the moment and all the kindercrap.

bratBgone
July 07, 2008
Nowhiggers, I'm sure you feel great knowing that neighborhood is probably a slum by now. They did you a favor. You might now be stuck in a neighborhood like mine! Breeder central!
I've seen plenty of places here that specify "no children, please" in the ad or during the walkthrough. The owner of the property should be able to allow or disallow whatever he or she pleases, children included -- after all, the owner is the one who has to fix damages, put up with neighbors complaints, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login