Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

the universal attitude

Posted by aussie lassie 
aussie lassie
the universal attitude
July 08, 2008
hey im new to this (not to being CF but to posting on message boards) but anyway im australian and i think reading forums and boards are great to try and learn more about what its like living CF in america.
ive read lots of things about the welfare system and the election process (which is REALLY different from ours.. and voting is compulsory here) and of course the general attitude toward CFs. Despite the differences in our goverments there are similarities in attitudes..

for example..

back in 2004 the australian treasurer said that australians should have three children: "one for the father, one for the mother and one for the country" is this an extremely old fashioned and backward opinion or what? the population of australia is only 20 odd million which hardly compares to the american population so i guess the solution is OBVIOUSLY to breed and breed and breed..

anyway my sympathies to all childfrees everywhere because i think its a universal thing that CF's get FUCKED by the government in this increasingly family-centric world.

x.
Anonymous User
Re: the universal attitude
July 08, 2008
welcome

smiling smiley
July 08, 2008
Greetings! This board is great, I'm sure you'll have a BLAST!
July 08, 2008
Watch out for Mercurior, he's in England, you know, the country that owns you!

(private joke!)

DOES England still own Oz?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
July 09, 2008
well the queens representative (the governer general)has the power to sack the prime minister, the union jack is in the corner of our flag,the queen is on our money and god save the queen was still officially our national anthem up till 1984 so i guess they still own us
July 09, 2008
If they still owned US, we could all be one big dysfunctional empire.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
aussie lassie
July 12, 2008
yeah and we even had a referendum in 2000 to become a republic but apparently 'australia says no'.. (private australian joke)

seriously though i think australia has more to do with america than the UK these days anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login