Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1033 - Parent Deficit Disorder

Posted by Cambion 
Cambion
Entry 1033 - Parent Deficit Disorder
March 06, 2006
I agree with this logic; in the previous generation, parents actually took responsibility when their children acted up and accepted that bad behavior was the result of their own parenting flaws. These days, however, idiot breeders don't like to admit when they are doing a shitty job of raising their brats, so they blame bad or eccentric behavior on imaginary mental conditions. Are breeders really THAT full of themselves that they can't admit their own mistakes?

"Oh, Junior doesn't listen to me and he hits me and swears at me. I think he had autism or ADHD". Bullshit - the little fucktart is a monster because Moomie and Duhddy couldn't properly raise a kid to save their wretched lives. I was a hellcat when I was a child, but my mother never blamed my behavior on mental problems (I have Asperger syndrome, but that's a different story). It's like trying to get addicts to "make that change" - the first step down the road of success is admitting they have a problem. Breeders should do the same, and maybe they can see that their parenting needs major fixing.
KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: Entry 1033 - Parent Deficit Disorder
March 06, 2006
My parents had a very effective resolution for quelling bad behavior: you got your ass smacked in public or a good whacking around at home and you were sent to your room. We thought twice before pulling any shit again. And no, we were not abused but my parents didn't put up with any shit. They wanted well-behaved kids that they didn't have to be afraid to have out in public.
Heh - Yeah, same here. We knew how to behave, and we knew we'd get smacked if we didn't. Sprogs need limits.

When I was really young my mom would straighten me out immediately just by saying, "If you do that again I'm going to pull down your pants and spank you in front of all these people."

I believed her.

Fortunately (for me), she never had to carry out the threat.

anonymous guest
March 07, 2006
I never needed to be beat in public--I knew if I did act out, either one of my parents would smack me or my brother as soon as we got home. Even if my dad was tired and was asleep (since he worked night shift), my mother would wake him up to allow him to give us a smacking for acting like a brat. As a result, none of us acted out in public.

True, there are some real cases of ADHD, but that's a slim to none case. A professor I had a while back studied ADHD, and one of the studies he mentioned he conducted linked bad case of parenting and insuffiecent punishment to ADHD. He mentioned that there was a huge positive correlation of the two. Of course, as soon as he released the study to be peer reviewed before getting it published, he got a shitload of reviews that said things like, "It's not the parent's fault! ADHD is a biological disorder!", "Parents are better today than what they were in our time!", etc. etc. Ugh, even researchers are so close-minded now-a-days.

As the poster mentioned, ADHD is just a label so that the parent can take some of the blame from their own bad parenting off of themselves.
cheeselouise
March 07, 2006
Now it seems that autism has become the new ADHD. IOW, ADHD (or claims of ADHD) is so common it's not funny. So, now breeders are upping the label for the consequences of their shitty parenting to "autism." True autism is a serious neurological disorder. It is NOT "super ADHD" as it seems breeders would have us believe. It is also much more rare than breeders would have us believe. Remember when autism was a very uncommon disorder? WTF is with every other brat now being "diagnosed" with "autism?" Like I said, it's the new ADHD. I just feel for those who struggle with REAL autism. I doubt VERY much that most of today's "autistic" kids are truly that.
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 08, 2006
My personal fav is the prefix of "high functioning" that gets put in front of some of these imaginary disorders. High functioning simply means the kid cooperates when he/she feels like it. Other times, it's a useless clump of cells.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.