Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Obooma panders to moomie voters

Posted by catmeow 
Obooma panders to moomie voters
July 09, 2008
Obama targets women voters--Posted by Jason Tuohey July 9, 2008

In a sign Barack Obama is trying to win over female voters who may be frustrated after his bruising primary race with Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee announced an economic security plan to help working women today.

Obama's campaign claims his plan will give a tax cut to 71 million working women, guarantee seven days of paid sick leave for 22 million additional women, and make childcare more affordable for 7.5 million working mothers.

"I don’t accept an America where a woman earns less than a man for the same work, or an America that makes women choose between their kids and their careers," Obama said. "When I'm President, we’ll take these critical issues head-on and help women and families thrive in a changing economy."

Obama will begin selling the plan tomorrow, appearing with Clinton at a "Women for Obama finance breakfast" fundraiser in Clinton's home state of New York. The event will begin around 8 a.m. After that, Obama will travel to Fairfax, Va., to discuss economic security plan with women at a town hall meeting.

Obama's wife, Michelle, is getting in on the act too. Michelle will headline events with women voters in Saginaw, Mich., this afternoon and Kansas City, Mo., tomorrow -- both battleground states for November's election.

The events follow yesterday's policy move, where Obama tapped Clinton adviser Dana Singiser to head his women's outreach efforts.

I would like to hear a candidate propose a tax system where everyone pays the same rate, but that will never happen.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Re: Obooma panders to moomie voters
July 09, 2008
This makes me less likely to vote for this person. Let's pander to the moomie vote. They're the only fucking demographic that seems to count in this country.
July 09, 2008
And most of these fucking heifers are tax burdens, not taxpayers.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
July 09, 2008
catmeow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And most of these fucking heifers are tax burdens,
> not taxpayers.

Exactly. You got it, catmeow! And of course, responsible people end up paying for their lack thereof.
July 10, 2008
Just what we need, more pandering to the breeders.
It kills me that in the media, political arena and other places in society in 2008, that men are men and women=mommie.

When any outlet starts talking about "women", I *know* that they will not be referring to me.

<*sigh*>sad smiley
July 10, 2008
What kills me is that politicians are too afraid to stand up to the mommies and not pander to them. They are afraid to cut those hand-out programs and tax breaks and everything else. And why, exactly?

If ALL the politicians felt the same and ditched all the breeder pandering, then what? What do they have to be afraid of then? What will the breeders do when forced to fend for themselves 100% and be responsible? If all the politicians were on the same page, there'd be no choice. We need more childfree politicians.

What will the mommies do? Stage a nurse-in at the Capitol? Refuse to pay taxes?

I don't think so.
Anonymous User
July 10, 2008
CF Uter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It kills me that in the media, political arena and
> other places in society in 2008, that men are men
> and women=mommie.
>
That is so true, and unfortunately, what we as cf women have to look forward to.

You CANNOT have it all! As Americans, we are working longer work weeks, harder, and for more years beyond the typical retirement age of 60 or 62. More and more is being expected of employees, the competition is stiff. You have to be able to give that little extra more that others aren't giving. You canNOT be a perfect wife, fantastic mom, raise a great kid, work 9-5, get ahead, excel and get raises by working these bankers hours and getting off work early every time your kid farts. Daycare centers and elementary schools call parents and expect them to come pick up their kid for any little thing now. How in the world can you be a productive, competitive employee this way? And the poor employers are being forced to accommodate these men and women. Sad, saaaaaaad.
Oh but wait, there's more! Thank GOD for the Child Free! That's the answer, we'll use and abuse them to pick up the slack and steal money from so the world can bask in the facade of the country that has it all.

Almost makes me want to shit out a kid....ALMOST...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login