Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kill Your Kid I Could Care Less

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Kill Your Kid I Could Care Less
July 14, 2008
This is a rant :scr

I go running with my boyfriend on a country trail an hour outside of San Francisco. The yuppies have invaded the area in the past few years and recently had 6 miles worth of the main trail paved. I hate it. Those that use the trail for working out now have to deal with idiot families in packs of 10 or more who get in our way.

Today killed it for me. These city idiots have no clue about safety in the country side. I heard a rattle next to my foot. I look down but my boyfriend sees it quicker than I do. He jumps twenty feet and pulls me with him. When we stop moving I finaly see a five foot long rattle snake inches from where I was standing. It was coiled and ready to go any second.

I was almost killed by one of these snakes when I was a child. I immediatly go about getting it away from the trail. There aren't any branches to stab/hit it with. I only have a lot of rocks and a steep cliff nearby. I start pelting the snake with fistfuls of rocks and drive it towards the cliff (I'm 30 feet away and have a good arm). The fucker is pissed and snapping at everything that moves but it does start to retreat.

Then the families come. A moo starts screaming at me for animal cruelty confused smiley. Her husband tells me to stop pelting a venomous snake with rocks BECAUSE HE WANTS TO SHOW HIS CHILD A SNAKE IN THE WILD! These people walk a few feet away from the snake in striking distance.

Of course the snake lunges and goes after moo. Sadly it didn't get her. Her husband at that point got the hint standing near a rattle snake wasn't smart and moved the fambly further down the trail. I finally chucked enough rocks at the snake it fell off the cliff and landed 20 feet in the lake below.

All I could think about was "WTF?!" I have never seen such blatant stupidity before (the kind that calls for a Darwin Award :kill).

As a side note I was only pelting the snake with small rocks/pebbles. Just enough to piss it off and get it to get away from the trail.
Anonymous User
Re: Kill Your Kid I Could Care Less
July 14, 2008
Why couldnt you just walk away from the snake instead of throwing rocks at it. throw rocks at the moo
Peppertree
July 14, 2008
Animal cruelty. That's rich coming from a moo, who probably chucked all her pets into the street the second the stick turned blue.
July 14, 2008
My thoughts exactly!

Idiots. I wish they all had gotten bitten. You should have picked the snake up and whipped it at the duh who was running his yap.

Peppertree Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Animal cruelty. That's rich coming from a moo, who
> probably chucked all her pets into the street the
> second the stick turned blue.
July 14, 2008
nature finds a way.. i would have said.. here you go.. snake , fangs.. kid death.. have a nice day and walked off

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 14, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why couldnt you just walk away from the snake
> instead of throwing rocks at it. throw rocks at
> the moo

I'd say that driving a venimous snake away from a public trail by tossing pebbles at/near it is an admirable thing. After all, there are CF idiots like myself who slip into blissful unawareness when walking on paved paths in natural settings who might get bit. I've been conditioned to assume a modicum of safety from nature when on a paved path.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Peppertree
July 14, 2008
It's a no-win situation with breeders. They yelled because Diva tried to get the snake to go away, and they would have yelled if the snake had bit one of them. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ugh. I'm so sick of brats and their handlers. I'd like them all to get bitten by rattlesnakes, frankly.
Diva, that reminds me of footage I've seen of duhs taking their kyds outside to see the fox that's sitting in their driveway in broad daylight. The fox is acting peculiarly, and the duh is nonetheless too stupid to realize that seeing the animal in broad daylight is an excellent indication of rabies. Of course, the fox then attacks the duh or one of the sprogs when they get close enough...

I've seen at least two different examples of video footage like this. Some people are just too dense to recognize the danger certain animals can represent.

In North America rattlesnakes have the most potent venom of any venomous snake that occurs naturally here, and people do die from their bites. Coral snakes in the southeast have venom as dangerous as that of a cobra, but they are generally shy and not standoffish as a typical rattler is. That famblee was lucky you were trying to get that rattlesnake off the trail.
This must be the same family that takes their kids to Yellowstone and tries to put them on the back of the bison so moo can take a picture. I shit you not. The park rangers tell me it happens frequently. Like, do you think this is Disneyland?
Anonymous User
July 15, 2008
It reminds me of the wildlife park back in my hometown.

Before I was born, it was one of those safari parks, animals roaming freely and people drove through in their cars. Of course, the safari ended up being banned because there were so many idiots who, despite common sense and huge signs everywhere saying 'DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE', would get out of their cars and wander up to the lions to 'get a good picture'. So the park had to end the safari before some moron got himself killed and then his family take the park to court (which was bound to happen eventually).

The park is still there now but all the animals are caged and it's a zoo instead of a safari. All the animals that previously were able to wander freely are now trapped in cages because of stupid people.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login