Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You guys should LOVE this one.....

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
You guys should LOVE this one.....
July 14, 2008
Twenty-five Snow Whites.......but were there 175 Dwarfs?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article4083278.ece
Re: You guys should LOVE this one.....
July 14, 2008
i posted this ages ago.. cant hurt the ickle pwecious terds feelings can we..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 14, 2008
Kids growing up today will never make it in the real world because of shit like this.
July 14, 2008
and these are the "lawyers", "doctors", "politicians"

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Get ready, the next play is going to be w/ 36 Juilets and 31 Romeos.
July 14, 2008
The article may be from Japan, but as an elementary teacher on the east coast I can tell you that this mentality is thriving among the parents of the USA as well. Last school year I was on a panel that judged student artwork for a statewide contest. We were told to choose three winners at each age level, and then our winners were sent on to the next stage where they were judged against other entries from across the state. You'd think the winners would have been honored at the monthly assembly, but no, the winners ribbons were discreetly sent home as to not upset those who were not chosen.

Doesn't that make you so excited to see what the future holds?
My husband lived in Japan for 4 years, and one thing he always tells me about is how they glorify American culture to the extreme.

Loveto Lurk, I taught 4th grade for 10 years. Each year it got worse. I'm not at all surprised by your art prize story. It's amazing that they didn't make all of the little angels winners.
Anonymous User
July 15, 2008
I can recall seeing a report by one of the major TV network news departments years ago........probably in the 70s or early 80s........about Japanese culture and how it was different from USA culture. One of the scenes that Americans found most surprising was one in which a Japanese Little League baseball coach was explaining, in a very calm and matter-of-fact manner, to a young team member, aged about 11 or 12 years, what he had done wrong and how he had let the team down that day. The boy listened attentively to the coach’s explanation, and when they finished, in a manner that made it seem all too routine and completely unexceptional, their one-on-one meeting concluded with the coach landing a brisk and quite loud slap across the boy’s face. They then said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. There was no crying, yelling, or threats of police action. This was apparently considered completely mundane and normal in Japan at that time. I guess times have changed a whole lot there now. The western countries will soon have nothing to fear from the toughness, dedication, and work ethic of the Japanese, because all that appears to be disappearing there now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login