Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids killing homeless people because they are "bored"

Posted by Ketchup 
http://www.newsweek.com/id/146693/page/1

Here's a story about a homeless guy in California who was beaten to death by some kids. Apparently this is happening all over the country.

"The attack also underscores what advocates for homeless people say is a growing problem across the country: attacks on society's most vulnerable members, almost as sport, especially by young people...

"Why are these attacks happening?" Stoops said. "The main reason is that you can't go anywhere in society without coming across homeless folks. And there is this antipathy or scorn towards them." Add the boredom young people face in the summer, drugs or alcohol and a group mentality, Stoops said, and the mix becomes dangerous, if not lethal."

***Wait - So kids are killing homeless people because they are BORED? You mean overscheduling their lives with activities and play dates isn't enough??? What is the world coming to? I don't even want to think about how their wimpy helicopter parents probably come to their defense, it makes me so mad.
Re: Kids killing homeless people because they are "bored"
July 17, 2008
Pretty sick! I mostly blame the parents who want everyone else to parent their kids, and then wonder why they come out so fucked up like this.
i bet his defence will be that the homeless guy tried to come on to him so he bashed him.
July 18, 2008
Oh yes, those awful, gay, homeless people. A real menace. (rollseyes)

Kids today should all be sent into military training, get their pansy asses kicked, and whoever can't handle it, gets euthanized.
Ironically, some of the problems with the homeless is due to politicians and the fucktard ACLU combining to close the great mental hospitals. The statistics are that most homeless have addiction problems and/or are mentally ill. The media image of the normal famblee going homeless is largely hype and overstated.
If these hospitals were still open, more of the homeless WOULD have a shelter. They would have care. They would not have total freedom, but some of us would be a little safer.
(aside: for those with religion on the mind, where was the ACLU when some schools had their 'i'm a muslim' day..)

This does not excuse these little shits at all. My feeling is they should be taken out and beaten to death themselves. At least they would have a smidgen of understanding before their lights go out permanently.

If I had a lot of money I would like to take the time and do background reports to newspapers for some people. I would go to the neighbors, teachers, etc of these little pieces of garbage and get the REAL picture of the snots rather than the laundered version from their paruntards and lawyer-liars. I am willing to bet a completely different picture would emerge.
Wow... And parents wonder why people want to live in adult-only communities.
Exactly. Because if they get "bored" around your house, or you piss the vindictive little bastards off, you'll be next.

The problem is that they know nobody can lift a finger to stop them. Try it, and you'll have YOUR ass in a sling for assault, while they laugh at you. I mourn the days when the cops could put the fear of god into these little shits - there was a whole lot less of this crap.
July 18, 2008
I can't tell you how much I'd love to punch some shitass teen in the face.
OH wait, I just did.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Just this morning, I was reading in the newspaper about a homeless shelter in our city that might have to close down; not because the homeless people are causing problems, but because the shelter attracts a lot of people who prey on the homeless. When I read this, I was thinking "who would prey on homeless people"? Now I know. This is just sad.

I think homeless people are probably the most vulnerable in our society.
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't tell you how much I'd love to punch some
> shitass teen in the face.
> OH wait, I just did.

Feh, I actually physically did punch a teenager in the face years ago. I don't think I'd get away with it today, but I did then. I don't want to bore everyone with the details of everything that led up to the 'final straw' but suffice it to say, I drove a camp bus. It wasn't all that bad, there were counselors on board to deal with the buggers. One day, I was waiting for a counselor for the morning run and I woudln't leave without him unless I knew for certain he was coming in his car or on the bus. This one kid who had been getting bolder day by day since the time he arrived had taken to foul-mouting me every chance he got. This day (he was going home, thank God) I got off the bus to get away from him I was growing so angry. He was so farking stupid that he followed me off. He kept up for a minute or two longer, and I turned and said 'shut the hell up'.
He made the mistake of snottily yapping 'what, you gonna make me??"
THAT was the straw. "You're damn right I will"...and with that I reached out and grabbed him by his shirt. I hauled off and punched, not slap mind you, punched him on the right cheek. He rolled with the blow and now was trying to get away. I had him by the shirt and I wouldn't let go. I merely drew back and smacked him again. The owner of the camp and the head counselor were running down the driveway; they grabbed the kid (technically they should have grabbed me). Anyway, I knew I REALLY had him so I just reached out and tapped him on the head. Amazingly, I never heard a thing from the kids parents. Later on, the camp owner asked me where I had learned to hit like that and the head counselor stated 'it was pity I didn't hit him harder.'
I went on to work 4 more years at that camp.
July 18, 2008
Lucky you!

The closest I've come is to simply say "I don't have to because you are younger and therefore stupider. If you want my respect, you have to EARN it." when some teen was demanding "respek" in a group I was working with.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login