Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Stupid Parents

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
More Stupid Parents
July 23, 2008
I couldn't find an article for this so you'll have so suffer thru the video.... sorry.

What parent leaves their kid play on a playground in barefeet? Or fucking Crocks for that matter? There's even a sign "Foot wear must be worn at all times." How fucking stupid are today's parents?

But of course it's always somebody else's fault when their kid gets hurt.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/07/23/cho.hot.playgrounds.cnn?iref=videosearch
CF Uter
Re: More Stupid Parents
July 23, 2008
First of all, the term stupid parents is redundant.

2nd of all, I have seen parents let Snotly now go barefoot in public retail stores, so why not the playground? I have seen parents allow their 3-4 y.o. son to LICK the entire length of a jewelry counter glass, top to bottom, left to right, over and over again, over the course of at least 30 mins while they were looking over gold pieces. Didn't bat an eyelash at this. (and, I guess the clerk didn't want to say something and lose a sale?)

For some reason, parents past approximately 1990 will not ever ever ever say "no" to the kyds, no matter how unsafe or gross or whatever. I worked in retail for at least 8 yrs. I have seen a lot of shit (figuratively and literally) done by kids/parunts, but I have never seen the stuff I have in the last 1-2 decades as an occassional customer of various establishments.
July 23, 2008
W?T?F?
Oh no, lil'shitleys feet got first degree burns? He felt pain for a couple minutes? OH MY GOD CALL THE AUTHORITIES!!! Children should never feel PAIN!

Comparing that playground to the ones I grew up with is like comparing a box of broken glass to a box of feathers. Firstly, I don't think I wore shoes during the summer until I was at least 15. I'd carry them with me and put them on to go on the bus, or in stores, but that was it. Secondly, mats??? on the ground???? Seriously? Parents thought it was a great advancement when my ELEMENTARY school decided to put wood chips between the playground equipment and the CEMENT. We thought they were giving us safer AMMO, until the introduction of wood chips we only had ROCKS to throw.

If the child some how managed to get injured in that playground, the parent's are completely negligent and should be sterilized.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 23, 2008
Well OF COURSE they need mats! We need to foam pad, shrink wrap, censor, and sterilize the entire fucking earth so Cuntleigh or Shitford won't injure themselves or suffer pain for even one second.

This is the parents fault. 1. for allowing padding on the playground and 2. for allowing Shitford to have his shoes off.
July 23, 2008
Isn't it the parents' responsibility to make sure they wear shoes? Like the entrance sign says? Aren't the mats there to bubble-wrap the playground experience to begin with? I love it that the video says that a solution is to put canopies over the whole playground--it was pretty big--or install new mats. On the taxpayers' dimes, no doubt. Ridiculous. It that mediocre little kid is too dim-witted to wear shoes on broiling hot black mats, well...I guess he learned a lesson.

I didn't listen to the entire vid, but I was indeed surprised that the rather stupid-looking daddy wasn't talking about launching a lawsuit. That was his golden opportunity! And he let it just slip away. Oh well.
July 24, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> W?T?F?
> Oh no, lil'shitleys feet got first degree burns?
> He felt pain for a couple minutes? OH MY GOD CALL
> THE AUTHORITIES!!! Children should never feel
> PAIN!
>
> Comparing that playground to the ones I grew up
> with is like comparing a box of broken glass to a
> box of feathers. Firstly, I don't think I wore
> shoes during the summer until I was at least 15.
> I'd carry them with me and put them on to go on
> the bus, or in stores, but that was it. Secondly,
> mats??? on the ground???? Seriously? Parents
> thought it was a great advancement when my
> ELEMENTARY school decided to put wood chips
> between the playground equipment and the CEMENT.
> We thought they were giving us safer AMMO, until
> the introduction of wood chips we only had ROCKS
> to throw.
>
>
This sounds like my childhood. Is it that hard to put shoes on the little bastards or is it more important to catch up on Sex and the City with another Moo?
July 24, 2008
They little boy had SECOND degree burns, not first degree burns. Did anyone see them? It was NOT "OMG he felt pain for a couple of minutes." There was a picture of it and it was NOT "a little burn".

Second, while they should be wearing shoes, this IS a PLAYGROUND. This is a place DESIGNATED for kids to use, safely, I might add. They put these black mats in case of a FALL, where it won't matter if someone is wearing shoes or not. Should people not come to the playground if it is sunny and over 70 degrees out, and if they do, the parents should make them wear long sleeves and gloves, too in case they fall?

I think that black is the wrong color for this application.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
k-man
July 25, 2008
If the slide itself or the steps to get to the top of the slide are bare or even painted metal, as used to be common, I'd suspect one or both of causing the second-degree burns on the kyd's feet. Especially on a sunny day.

I doubt the soft mats did the damage. It's easy to picture a barefoot sprog sliding with his knees bent and the soles of his feet on the hot metal slide.
July 25, 2008
Well, gee, poofy-poof, if these idiot breeders would put fucking decent clothibg and shoes on their brats and insist Braleigh and Snotford wear them, maybe there wouldn't be a problem.
July 25, 2008
Shit, I still can't sit on a hot plastic seat with shorts and not lose the backs of my legs.
July 25, 2008
The playground we played at had grass. The bars were metal and there were no pads on anything. The swing seats were thick wood.

Funny how no one in my neighborhood ever suffered an injury, yet despite today's foam-padding of the world, today's kids are too stupid to know how NOT to hurt themselves.
July 25, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> Well, gee, poofy-poof, if these idiot breeders
> would put fucking decent clothibg and shoes on
> their brats and insist Braleigh and Snotford wear
> them, maybe there wouldn't be a problem.

Well, gee, Merlin-Hernia, if these idiot CF people would read previous posts and entire articles, maybe they would see that we covered that already.

But you forgot to explain to me whether they should be wearing helmets too, or not, and why. Maybe we should just put cement everywhere and then say that "breeders" should put fucking decent helmets on their brats or they won't get hurt.

Just spare me the double-standards. We want breeders to take their kids to "appropriate" places so those places should be as kid-friendly as possible.

Thank you for mocking me by deliberately mis-spelling my screen name. I'm going to change it to "Childfree Cunt" so you don't have to work so hard next time.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
July 25, 2008
Oh don't worry, all kids will be helmeted in about 10 years. My state's already got them in car seats until they're 10.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 25, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
>>
> >
> Just spare me the double-standards. We want
> breeders to take their kids to "appropriate"
> places so those places should be as kid-friendly
> as possible.
>
Now this is what we are all working toward. Unsafe playground? Find one that is.
July 25, 2008
I don't think it has to do with the black color of the mats, it has to do with the idiot parents not making their kids wear shoes. A few seconds contact with something hot won't cause that type of damage (poofy puff's example of kids wearing long sleeves and gloves to protect their arms in case they fall). A person can run across a hot driveway without inflicting serious injury upon themselves. It's the constant exposure that caused that kid's feet to get those burns, which totally would have been avoided if his parents would have made him wear shoes.

There's a park near me with that foam padding stuff, except that it is in a light and dark blue design to look like water. It's not that old, but so much mud and mulch has gotten rubbed into the foam that the pretty design is now nothing more than a filthy eyesore. Black will at least stay presentable.
July 25, 2008
I still say wood chips. That way you've got ammo.
Anonymous User
July 25, 2008
"The sign says no bare feet, but it doesn't tell you why" -- wow.
Mean Person
July 25, 2008
Duh sez: "It says 'Footware must be worn at all times' but it doesn't say why."

Duh! Do we have to THINK for you now too????
bratBgone
July 26, 2008
The car seat thing cracks me up. I remember standing in the car when I was a kid! When we went on vacation my siblings and I would play in the back of the station wagon sans seatbelt!

When I taught 4th grade a little boy came up to me on the playgraound to tell on some other kids for picking on him. They were calling him "Booster Boy!" The kid was nine yrs old and some of his classmates had seen his moommy strapping him into his booster seat when she picked him up from school the day before. Not having kids myself, I too was surprised that he was still in a booster seat! I told the kids to stop picking on him, but in my head every time I saw the kid I'd say, "There's Booster Boy!" What a generation of pussies!
July 26, 2008
This crap is just one more thing for breeders to whine about. I don't feel sorry for a kid who is too stupid to wear approriate clothing and shoes. I got banged up on the playground when I was a kid and I'mstill hear. Kid and handlers might want to see this as a lesson.

Personally so far as I am concerned, breeders can keep their crotchdumplings home, where they fucking belong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login