Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

overheard on dr laura

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
overheard on dr laura
July 23, 2008
Good Lord, this one cracks me up...
Caller is youngest of 4 girls, 1 of the older sisters is married, the other 2 are government whores with bastards.
Caller just got her dream job. Now the famblee (which I think includes moo) thinks she has money, is made of money and is asking for handouts.
And the poor girl seems to think she is obligated. (At least she did have the smarts to ask about it..and to someone who isn't totally famblee smitten.) Advice: (among a couple other good ones) 'move faaaaar away, or they will suck you dry.'
What a gas.
I posted a few months back that when this sort of trailer trash manages to produce one member who does become a functioning and self-supporting individual, the trash think they are entitled to move into whatever residence the successful one has. (I guess now they think they are entitled to what she makes as well in addition to the taxpayer money they no doubt receive.)
Jack-assholes.
Re: overheard on dr laura
July 23, 2008
I see this happen a lot with generations-long poor families. One member finally is able to scrape and claw their way out, and as soon as they get steady, the family is there like a fucking weight around their neck. If it isn't constant pleas for "a loan", they need the functional person around to help get them out of scrapes with the law, their landlord, their employer, other family members, etc. etc. Now that there's a functional person in the family, everything is an emergency that only that person can solve. I can't imagine the frustration someone in that situation must feel.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 23, 2008
A friend of mine is just as you say. She is the only one in her family who has a decent job and she's bashed 10 ways to Sunday because she doesn't give it all away to her lazy siblings and trashy mother.
Anonymous User
July 23, 2008
The only sad thing was is this girl (and your friend) is trying to maintain contact with this sort of family. I do not know how far someone has to go to cut ties with 'famblee'.
I think I am gonna post this as a question...
July 23, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see this happen a lot with generations-long poor
> families. One member finally is able to scrape
> and claw their way out, and as soon as they get
> steady, the family is there like a fucking weight
> around their neck. If it isn't constant pleas for
> "a loan", they need the functional person around
> to help get them out of scrapes with the law,
> their landlord, their employer, other family
> members, etc. etc. Now that there's a functional
> person in the family, everything is an emergency
> that only that person can solve. I can't imagine
> the frustration someone in that situation must
> feel.

That is truly poetic. I can see that poor soul -- like the one lonely swimmer amongst a whole shipload of family that just capsized. Swim away and save oneself, that's the only option.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
July 23, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
> Feh Wrote:

> That is truly poetic. I can see that poor soul --
> like the one lonely swimmer amongst a whole
> shipload of family that just capsized. Swim away
> and save oneself, that's the only option.

Surely Amethyst, you mean 'shitload'.... (eg)
July 24, 2008
This is what happened to Christian Bale- he wouldn't give his whore moo of a sister $200k for "expenses" (the children) so his mom and sister ganged up on him and got him busted for assault. After he told them to STFU about his wife - who they were bashing b/c no $$$ was forthcoming.
Nour
July 24, 2008
**This is what happened to Christian Bale- he wouldn't give his whore moo of a sister $200k for "expenses" (the children) so his mom and sister ganged up on him and got him busted for assault. After he told them top STFU about his wife - who they were bashing b/c no $$$ was forthcoming.**

Dude! This is the first thing I thought when I heard that he had been arrested and released and the mom and sister were involved: "I bet they wanted some $$$ from him and he wouldn't give in."
bratBgone
July 24, 2008
My very nice neighbors are in this situation. The both of them came from poverty. The husband has his own construction business and the wife put herself through college to become a nurse. They have two grown children, who are almost through college. Their entire extended family is comprised of hard luck story welfare leeches. Since we've lived beside them they've had a brother and an aunt live with them until they "get back on their feet." The aunt stayed with them for more than a year. She's in her fifties, and last summer when she tried to move her 23 year old boyfriend in with them the shit hit the fan. They threw her out and made it known to the family that they have done all they could for them. They have really stuck to their guns about this, and can't get over how much extra money they have to save for their own retirement now that the leeches are gone.
July 25, 2008
Considering that mom occasionally works as a circus clown and lives in a $500,000 house, I'd say he's helped those tarts enough. Please with all that Batman money? Reason #573 I'd never be famous. Remember the "nice to be rich thread?"
Krishna
July 25, 2008
My 2nd husband had $ and his family always had their hands out. The man paid for his mother's $10,000 face lift when she was in Argentina and charged in her credit card. I cannot believe this man would pay off the card and not make a big issue over it while I had to account for every single dollar I spent even though I *DID* work and gave most of my pay to him. He did wise up when his sister asked for $10 grand for some "business" and denied that request.
kidlesskim
July 27, 2008
My comment is pretty much what Feh said, only longer, LOL.

This is extremely commonplace down South where I have always lived. They breed so many future welfare recipients with various and often unidentifiable "baby daddy", that on the rare occasion when one might actually get a good teacher who inspires them and go on to college and leave the subsidized housing and welfare racket behind, their only hope is to move far far away. Their family ( and often friends) sees them as "rich" if they have a decent steady job, a car, and a decent apartment or house. Someone is ALWAYS about to get evicted, get their power shut off, or needs bail or ticket/fine money, so therefore they need a "loan".

Someone has ALWAYS, just gotten laid off, had their trailer demolished in a tornado, or wrecked their uninsured car. Everything is put to the "rich" relative, as being an unavoidable, unexpected, or a rare twist of fate and occurred through no fault of their own. In reality, these things happen over and over and over and over, and they will ALWAYS have an "emergency" which requires cash. I know of one family who has "lost" THREE mobile homes in tornados, yet when insurance pays out ( it was only insured because the lein holder requires it) they park the new one right back on the same rented lot known to be "tornado alley", down near the coast in South Alabama.

Also, the family ALWAYS has a busload of kids, many of whom are illegitimate. Being childfree down south puts you in a very small minority. Actually, I do not personally know anyone, other than my sister and one cousin, who is married and does not have or is not trying to have kids. Out of the never been married child bearing age people I am acquainted with or know, I would guess that approx. 75% of them have kids. It's pitiful.
Ann
July 28, 2008
Christ, this is just what happened with my dad-he's the only one out of his siblings to have gone to college, had a successful career, bought a nice house, and still have plenty of money left in the bank for retirement. His brother and sister (who are in their 40's, 50's and married) STILL leech off my grandparents. My parents have made it clear as crystal that when my grandparents pass away, the gravy train dries up-those two losers won't see one red cent from my parents' retirement savings, won't spend more time than it takes to eat a meal at their home, and won't harass them for handouts or all contact is cut off, 'fambly' be damned. Should be interesting...
Krishna
July 29, 2008
"Dr." Laura is the last one to talk of family values. Before marrying a second time and becoming a mother, she had a tubal ligation when married the first time as well as had an affair where she posed nude for her lover. When the pic got posted online in 1999 or so, the far right defended her saying how she hurt no one but herself. This "doctor" loves to go rambo on anyone who disagrees with her and touts her family values. She says mothers should not work. Yet, this is a woman who #1) did her radio show while her child was young, #2) was on the "outs" with her own mom", and #3) let's not forget the vagina shots online where she skated off from that one with no career ramification!
Anonymous User
July 29, 2008
Krishna Wrote:
> "Dr." Laura is the last one to talk of family
> values. Before marrying a second time and becoming
> a mother, she had a tubal ligation when married
> the first time as well as had an affair where she
> posed nude for her lover. When the pic got posted
> online in 1999 or so, the far right defended her
> saying how she hurt no one but herself. This
> "doctor" loves to go rambo on anyone who disagrees
> with her and touts her family values. She says
> mothers should not work. Yet, this is a woman who
> #1) did her radio show while her child was young,
> #2) was on the "outs" with her own mom", and #3)
> let's not forget the vagina shots online where she
> skated off from that one with no career
> ramification!

So, I guess you never listen to her, or perhaps not completely. She has explained herself (at least to me) quite adequately. I am of the opinion if a woman chooses to have children, she should raise em. This will put me on the outs with you I am sure. There are enough studies that show that babies need the attachment in order to bond adequately. Failure to do this can make for a child and eventually an adult that cannot bond very well. (which makes for bad marriages.)
There are people we support, listen to, like and do not have to agree with everything they say. I do not agree with everything Dr. L says: I would be far quicker to dump asshole family. But some people cannot let go, and that is the advice: how to deal with asshole family since caller wants to be around them for whatever reason, is be polite. If you want to cut all ties, fine.. This comes from reading (or listening) between the lines.
We also makes mistakes. She admitted to it being a mistake, and whatever. Which ones do we choose to forgive? overlook? or want to forgive? I think this matter should require more thought... When do we forgive mistakes, including our own?
Krishna
July 29, 2008
We all make mistakes. The problem is that Doc Laura often seems holier than thou despite her little indiscretions. Often, she is screaming at someone who wants something different than parenting and has chosen that lifestyle rather than bring children who will only be neglected. I can agree with some things she says but I do not hold her to a higher standard despite her using the title: Dr.
Krishna
July 29, 2008
P.S. If Laura was a little kinder to her audience (other than those who ARE wanting to steal from their family or who treat their kids badly), I would overlook her 'indiscretion'. However, the lady does tend to blast gays and anyone else who do not live up to her unusually high standards. Sort of odd as this woman has not been the paragon of virtue. It is so easy to say she made a mistake in her own life and want that 'forgiven' while refusing to do so to others. JMO...lurking
Krishna
July 29, 2008
Nour Wrote:
> **This is what happened to Christian Bale- he
> wouldn't give his whore moo of a sister $200k for
> "expenses" (the children) so his mom and sister
> ganged up on him and got him busted for assault.
> After he told them top STFU about his wife - who
> they were bashing b/c no $$$ was forthcoming.**
>
> Dude! This is the first thing I thought when I
> heard that he had been arrested and released and
> the mom and sister were involved: "I bet they
> wanted some $$$ from him and he wouldn't give in."

This does not surprise me even though I read nothing of the Christian Bale story. This happens all of the time to celebs and other wealthy people. MC Hammer lost his millions due to family and friends who were nothing but hangers-on who lived off of him. That is what I hear anyway. I am no Britney Spears fan but her father going to court to gain control of her assets is another of the same. Dad Spears seemed to care nothing of his daughter until her life spun out of control and he could petition the court for power of attorney. Mr. Spears moved right into Brit's mansion once that was granted. Try getting out of that one for Britney! All this was was highway robbery via the legal system.
Anonymous User
July 30, 2008
Krishna Wrote:
> P.S. If Laura was a little kinder to her audience
> (other than those who ARE wanting to steal from
> their family or who treat their kids badly), I
> would overlook her 'indiscretion'. However, the
> lady does tend to blast gays and anyone else who
> do not live up to her unusually high standards.
> Sort of odd as this woman has not been the paragon
> of virtue. It is so easy to say she made a mistake
> in her own life and want that 'forgiven' while
> refusing to do so to others. JMO...lurking

I understand it is your opinion. God blesss for all the opinions here... we run the gamut. Even have some parents in here; usually (I think) we can pick them out but they can blend in. (Look at the problems when they try and do a good job at parenting, they are flamed, jeered, lambasted almost as bad as we are.)

I've listened for the last 5 years... and I've never heard her blast gays.. not once. She treats the problems they have in their relationships just the same as anyone else, because ultimately, they are the same problems. There is one book, by a woman, tammy bruce, who is friendly with Dr L (I can't recall the title right off the bat, has 'thought police' in the title... ) who suffered from much of the same attacks from opponents and in the same way. I recommend it as a good read (if I could remember..)
And, again, for her kids safety is the priority and what is in their best interest which, supposedly, these breeders are supposed to do anyway. Once they sprog, they lose their 'life'... which is why it is such a serious decision. But, we have rehashed that many times here. Most do not think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login