> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I think a flat tax based on income is a very
> > good
> > > idea. First bracket pays X amount, second
> > bracket
> > > pays X amount, etc. That should be it.
> > >
> > > Also, in line with the birth control cost
> > > discussion, I kind of have a confession to
> make:
> >
> > > Before my husband and I were eligible for
> > > insurance through his work (he started a new
> > job
> > > two years ago), I was on Family Planning
> > Medicaid
> > > for my birth control. We couldn't afford it
> > any
> > > other way, and I wasn't about to go without
> it
> > and
> > > end up pregnant again. So I guess I kind
> of...
> > > uh, suck, in that regard.
> > >
> > What? You did what you could to avoid costing
> > taxpayers high amounts of money. Where exactly
> do
> > you get the "suck" from? I can assure you that a
>
> > lifetime of your birth control would cost
> > taxpayers less money than a single delivery of
> an
> > illegal alien's "anchor" baby.
> >
> > I can personally thank you for being
> responsible
> > and not doing what welfare recipients do: Just
> > have another one and send the bill to the
> > taxpayer. I personally believe in low cost
> birth
> > control availability. But, that's a different
> > story.
>
> this is why I don't trust them. How do we know
> she's not going on a parenting board and repeating
> what we say? Sorry- I'm just not feeling the
> presence of parents here. I think it's highly
> inapproriate. Sara, you make me uncomfortable.

Rose Red, I can understand that certain parents just love to piss in our ears. I was pissed on and pissed off at the same time before about it. Do you feel that these parents are causing trouble? I have not read all of their posts, but so far, they have been a good source of information. I'll admit, it was a few parenting scenaios that I withnessed that promted me to get fixed. As a matter of fact, I did not get much support from CF about my decision. It was a parent who told me that snip was an excellent choice. Just my experience.
Re: Question for parents on this board
July 28, 2008
Taz:

While I have not been here nearly long enough to make a judgement call about the history of breeder interaction with this site, I will say that I find we run the gamut from "can do without them" all the way to "can't f-g stand 'em".

That being said, this place has been a sanctuary for me personally to get away from an increasingly child-centric society, and I do not feel parents can understand where we are coming from. I am aware that my feelings may irritate some of the other CF people here, or maybe not. The fact of the matter is, many people here have clearly stated that they have always known about their feelings and or intended CF status, and I do not agree with the idea that one can change horses mid stream. Deciding to keep the pregnancy is a Rubicon.

In short, there are places parents can go and seeing as they are not us, they do not belong here, sensible though they may be. The presence of the occasional "Oh, I agree with you guys" provides little reassurance against an invasion of "oh you selfish b-stards."
Anonymous User
July 28, 2008
i dont mind breeders that come in and post, I didnt even know Mean Person was one, it is kind of weird why they would want to be here, and i hate any breeder pleasing that i have seen on here. some of you are giving "congrats" to the parents on here, i find that funny, your taking their words on how great of parents they are and how much they "understand" us

In my opinion, they have to think they messed up by breeding,made a HUGE mistake, they just wont admit it, why else would they be here
Rose Red, point taken. I am personally unable to disregard a personal opinion based on someone's status. Feel free to express your thoughts and ideas as you wish but do you feel an absolute need to remove any and all posters based on their status? I can welcome a good argument, but I have not seen posters in this thread attack us, CF. I know we are surrounded by parents, many want us gone. Not all. Some come here to get ideas for their personal lives. Who knows, maybe this site will prevent them from dropping another one. Is that not what we want? Now, what if the same parent goes ahead and confronts a breeder for us? Some have. Does this not sound better already?

There is just not enough of us to fight for our rights. Sometimes, a few decent parents could help us. My parents are very good people and they stick up for CF all the time. They are very supportive of our choice.
Anonymous User
July 28, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Taz:
>
> While I have not been here nearly long enough to
> make a judgement call about the history of breeder
> interaction with this site, I will say that I find
> we run the gamut from "can do without them" all
> the way to "can't f-g stand 'em".
>
> That being said, this place has been a sanctuary
> for me personally to get away from an
> increasingly child-centric society, and I do not
> feel parents can understand where we are coming
> from. I am aware that my feelings may irritate
> some of the other CF people here, or maybe not.
> The fact of the matter is, many people here have
> clearly stated that they have always known about
> their feelings and or intended CF status, and I do
> not agree with the idea that one can change horses
> mid stream. Deciding to keep the pregnancy is a
> Rubicon.
>
> In short, there are places parents can go and
> seeing as they are not us, they do not belong
> here, sensible though they may be. The presence
> of the occasional "Oh, I agree with you guys"
> provides little reassurance against an invasion of
> "oh you selfish b-stards."

I agree with RR. Parents should stick to lurking
nokyds4me Wrote:
> i dont mind breeders that come in and post, I
> didnt even know Mean Person was one, it is kind
> of weird why they would want to be here, and i
> hate any breeder pleasing that i have seen on
> here. some of you are giving "congrats" to the
> parents on here, i find that funny, your taking
> their words on how great of parents they are and
> how much they "understand" us
>
> In my opinion, they have to think they messed up
> by breeding,made a HUGE mistake, they just wont
> admit it, why else would they be here

If they really feel that way, I would hope they would relate the message to fencesitters out there. They can start by reading this site. "Do not have kids" message is sometimes given a lot of attention when it did originate from a parent.
July 28, 2008
This thread: WHY IVF IS WRONG WRONG WRONG running right now, as well as an incident a few weeks back where we were all jumped by some woman who called us all names and bailed are perfect examples of mothers who sneak in under the radar.

So, they do end up attacking.
Rose Red Wrote:
> This thread: WHY IVF IS WRONG WRONG WRONG running
> right now, as well as an incident a few weeks back
> where we were all jumped by some woman who called
> us all names and bailed are perfect examples of
> mothers who sneak in under the radar.
>
> So, they do end up attacking.

I can see a breeder do something like that. I could be wrong, but I do not see the subject parents on this thread attacking us. They seem to be supporting us rather than attacking us.

Breeders regret their choices because they have never made them. Their choices were made for them. Of course they will bash us left and right because we made our choices for ourselves. Breeders will attack parents as well - they will not give them breaks. Again, I am unable to use parental status to determine if the person will or will not belittle us. Not all parents are breeders and not all non-parents are CF. Not all CF will support each other.
Mean Person
July 29, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:

> In my opinion, they have to think they messed up
> by breeding,made a HUGE mistake, they just wont
> admit it, why else would they be here

Actually, don't you think that if a person honestly believes they made a HUGE mistake, and it happens to be the sort of mistake that can't be reversed (like birthing a kid), that they would be more likely to seek validation for their decision than go someplace where their decision might be further criticized? As has been said here often, there are many places on the internet for parents to go. I would think a regretful breeder would get her needs met much better at a mommy "support" forum than here.

So why am I here? I guess the first draw was the style of humor I see here (admittedly, I'm more inclined to read the outrageous stories and gawk at the trainwrecks than participate in political banter, but I guess I'm doing some of that now too). I've also found that I'm a big misfit with the typical "MOMMY" circles. At social gatherings where there are families, I can usually be found hanging with the duhds. I just feel more relaxed and less judged by them.

I've had a really dry, dark sense of humor my entire life, and if I even go near it around most mothers, well...have you ever let a loud fart in church? It pisses me off because it's never nice to feel like an outcast, and I can't help thinking that somehow these women are being disingenuous with me, and dishonest with themselves and just won't face it. It's easier just to direct all of their dissonance at ME so that they don't have to face their own discomfort; don't have to face the fact that the life they chose for themselves is a hell of lot more complicated and demanding than they expected, and not one that they can CONTROL.

I know exactly one other mother right now who finds humor in the stories where idiot brats Darwinize themselves. I'll probably go to hell, but I'll probably get to meet Louis Black or something and that would be rather cool.
nowhiggers
July 29, 2008
I think if our board moos were looking to hang out with breeder pleasers, this would be the last place they would come. lol.

I know I've said enough hardcore childfree stuff here that makes even some of the other childfrees run in terror, so if it doesnt bother mp and sara, maybe I could consider them "honorary childfrees?" :gun1

I guess my position on this issue is that I want to see more kids raised by parents who are willing to show them the childfree option so I'm not so fast on the gun to run over the moos here as long as they know that the cf, on this board, in this space, are the first class citizens.

Now, if some idiot moo shows up and starts in, like they do sometimes, one thing I'd like to see with our pet moos is that they crack some skulls and tell these breeders that they are parents, and prefer the childfree position on many issues, and to bugger off. :gun1

The moos that come here and "regret" their decisions about being moos are the idiots that troll, and they troll because we hit a nerve with them. I've never seen MP or Sara get their feathers ruffled because we hit a nerve, apparently, we don't hit nerves with them because they still hang out and agree with everything.

I don't like breeding any more than the rest of the cf, and I will tell MP and Sara, clearly, I think it is wrong to bring children into an overpopulated world, very wrong and I do not agree with the fact that they have kids. But as I said before, I also appreciate the fact that they want to present the cf position to their kids.

Every damn day we bitch here about the shit breeders do and say. I'm pretty sure that Sara and MP don't regret their kid decisions, but I'd bet my next paycheck that both of them had no clue what they were in for with the "pahrunting community," whether it be at their kids schools, online, or whatever when they were having their loaves. grinning smiley I don't think they knew just how fucking bad the state of "parenting" was, and were not prepared for the multitude of idiots involved in that hobby and that's how they ended up here.
nowhiggers
July 29, 2008
I'm not going to go apeshit, because I agree with this to a great degree. Don't forget though that the third world has a much higher birthrate than the west and has no welfare programs. So while cutting off moos welfare may save on our wallets, is it really going to stop moo from breeding? Hell the third world breeders squat in the dirt to shit out their 18th in a cardboard shanty house.

The fundamental problem here is CULTURE.

There was a time when immigrants from Europe came here and were breeding our urban areas into third world like conditions. Margaret Sanger and other great women taught them not to have so many children, introduced birth control, etc.

The problem is, there are no Margaret Sangers around today. The entire feminist movement is a bunch of blubbering idiotic MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS. Period. End of story.

I'll tell you this too, this shit isn't going to end. The breeding, that is. People are too fucking delusional. I'm just glad I'll be dead and not have brought any offspring into the world to have to deal with what is coming.

The other day at the grocery store seeing how prices have gone up reminded me of that movie, Soylent Green.

In Soylent Green, the population is absolutely disgusting, to the point that you have to walk over breeders and brats laying in the streets (its a movie about overpopulation). The only thing that the general population can afford to eat are the "soylent green" cakes. The rich however, can afford meats, vegetables, etc, which are priced like $1000 for a steak, $300 for a jar of strawberry jam, etc. Bars of soap and showers are unheard of for those that are not super rich, etc.

nokyds4me Wrote:
> , some of you are going apeshit now, wringing your
> hands for the poor little children. Oh, but the
> dear little things can't HELP their situation!
> Their parents are poor, but the children can't
> help it, blah blah blah. There may actually be a
> grain of truth there. The kids can't help it. But
> if their parents were too goddamn stupid to use
> birth control, that's not even remotely my
> problem--nor should it be yours. The more we
> reward these nitwit breeders with charity handouts
> for their little monsters, the more we'll be
> encouraging them to continue their unchecked
> breeding patterns. Worst of all, their children
> will grow up to expect handouts. And what will
> they do? You guessed it--they'll breed like
> cockroaches and expect handouts for their little
> bastards, and the cycle will continue, ad
> nauseam.
>
> this is exactly how i feel, I didnt write this,
> but its dead on!!
July 29, 2008
Not splitting hairs, but don't you think the visiting mothers might take issue with "pet moos"? That's trivializing them, somewhat.
Rose Red Wrote:
> Not splitting hairs, but don't you think the
> visitng mothers might take issue with "pet moos"?
> That's trivializing them, somewhat.

I think if MP and Sara took everything to heart, they would not be here. I know I read some stuff here and wonder if a poster was all there at the time of writing but that's as far as that goes.
NoWhiggers, I think a good parent can be an excellent messenger for us. Breeding has gone out of control, but we are an extreme opposite of it. Many will not take us seriously, not yet.

My parents are non-breeders, they taught me what breeders are and what a drain they are. When a breeder would come to my mother and tell her that they(breeder) got 5 kids, the first thing my mother would ask is: "Who's fault is that?". My parents never regret putting me here and they are always against overpopulation. There are good parents out there and their voices are heard more often than ours. If we build freindships, we can build an army!

I am not trying to be a breeder pleaser, hell no, but MP and Sara may be just like my parents. They will do much more good than harm. In fact, I have not seen breeder talk out of them yet, I have seen them bash breeders instead.
I'm pretty sure that Sara and MP don't regret their kid decisions, but I'd bet my next paycheck that both of them had no clue what they were in for with the "pahrunting community," whether it be at their kids schools, online, or whatever when they were having their loaves. I don't think they knew just how fucking bad the state of "parenting" was, and were not prepared for the multitude of idiots involved in that hobby and that's how they ended up here.

You hit the nail on the head, nowhiggers.

Two more things: I don't want to be considered an honorary childfree, because I think that does a disservice to the childfree. You have stated very clearly that "childfree" means "someone who has never had and does not ever want children." I consider myself... I don't know, a "childfree supporter," I guess? I've never thought about the terminology, really.

That said -- Rose Red, I apologize for making you uncomfortable, and I think I'm going to stop posting. To be frank, you have more right to be here than I do, and you shouldn't have to be uncomfortable in your own space. Thanks for speaking up.
Sara Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that Sara and MP don't regret
> their kid decisions, but I'd bet my next paycheck
> that both of them had no clue what they were in
> for with the "pahrunting community," whether it be
> at their kids schools, online, or whatever when
> they were having their loaves. I don't think they
> knew just how fucking bad the state of "parenting"
> was, and were not prepared for the multitude of
> idiots involved in that hobby and that's how they
> ended up here.
>
> You hit the nail on the head, nowhiggers.
>
> Two more things: I don't want to be considered an
> honorary childfree, because I think that does a
> disservice to the childfree. You have stated very
> clearly that "childfree" means "someone who has
> never had and does not ever want children." I
> consider myself... I don't know, a "childfree
> supporter," I guess? I've never thought about the
> terminology, really.
>
> That said -- Rose Red, I apologize for making you
> uncomfortable, and I think I'm going to stop
> posting. To be frank, you have more right to be
> here than I do, and you shouldn't have to be
> uncomfortable in your own space. Thanks for
> speaking up.

Sara, I think that most people on this board are looking for CF supporters. You are definitely one of them. Please do not take stuff that is stated here personally. I too get hell from CF because they can easily say that someone is more CF than me. No big deal. We come here to express opininions and sometimes to state our arguments. Someone always has an opinion that differs, but that is why we are here. Do not let a few spoil your enjoyment. If this board is fun for you, continue on. No one is going to remember or care what was said a few posts ago.
July 29, 2008
Personally, I could care less who posts on this board or what their childed status is, as long as they're SMART, FUNNY and LOGICAL (maybe a little crazy thrown in for spice). Sara and Mean Person are fine posters who make a lot of sense, and provide view points I may not have considered before. I've yet to read a bingo from either. I'm glad there are a couple parents here, because they have totally confirmed my suspicions on the parenting cult, and how difficult it is to not blindly follow that bunch of lemmings off the cliff. They probably can't provide any more insight into the breeder (lack of) mind than any one of us, I'm not sure we want to know what actually goes on in breeder minds.

That said, I eagerly await trolls, I love their horror and confusion. I love that they seem completely SHOCKED beyond reason to find a group of people who A. don't care about children B. don't care about being nice C. don't care about being correct - politically or grammatically and D. there is no moderator to "rescue" them.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login