Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Along the animals over babies theme- man goes to psych ward after trying to rescue cat

Posted by Rose Red 
http://brooklynpaper.com/stories/31/29/31_29_bm_cat.html
Oh my god, that would be me. I'd be a freaking basket case, sick to death with worry and fear.

This may sound strange, given that I've had grandparents and my father die, but I've never experienced such grief and anguish as when my 5.5 year old tabby died unexpectedly nearly 2 years ago. I sobbed myself to the point of exhaustion for 2 days after she died. It was awful, just fucking awful. I was in a funk for nearly 3 months.

I still cry when I think about her.
KFLL, I'm completely with you here. When my first cat passed on (it will be four years in November), I was a wreck for several months. Many of my family members have died and I had little or no grief for all except one or two.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
I will never be over the loss of my Bear.
I was the same way.My 15 y/o Maine Coone began going into renal failure a nd I had to make the toughest decision of my life.It was tougher than seeing family pass on,making decisions about my BC treatment...anything I had ever dealt with.It broke my heart,even though it was for the best.

I was so upset I had to take sedatives and my fiance was the one taking him to the vet.He said he would never do that again.

I haven't owned a cat since and I don't find that I want one anymore.It seems I can't bond with any of them.After owning him...he was just fierce,massive and mean as he could be,but I loved him.This sounds crazy but I dream of him.Right after he passed I woke one night because I "felt" him jump onto my bed.There was nothing there of course,but I was NOT dreaming.It was that sure-footed cat-weight and there is nothing else like it.

I think shrinks say whatever pleases them that day.I am thankful that everyone involved in saving that cat were so persistent.I would be the same way.

If we save animals we are "crazy",if people get all worked up over clidrun they are "great caregivers".What a load of shit.
I see my fairy princess everywhere, she's always around. Sometimes I get a really strong feeling of a memory of her but I think it's her doing that. I've felt her rub on me a number of times.

I'll see sparklies down near the floor and I'll watch as our other cats will see them too and watch them move across the space, as if they are watching something walking by.

It kicks ass in a big way to know she's still there.

Redlocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>..................This sounds crazy but I dream of him.Right
> after he passed I woke one night because I "felt"
> him jump onto my bed.There was nothing there of
> course,but I was NOT dreaming.It was that
> sure-footed cat-weight and there is nothing else
> like it...........
Redlocks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was the same way.My 15 y/o Maine Coone began
> going into renal failure a nd I had to make the
> toughest decision of my life.It was tougher than
> seeing family pass on,making decisions about my BC
> treatment...anything I had ever dealt with.It
> broke my heart,even though it was for the best.
>
> I was so upset I had to take sedatives and my
> fiance was the one taking him to the vet.He said
> he would never do that again.
>
> I haven't owned a cat since and I don't find that
> I want one anymore.It seems I can't bond with any
> of them.After owning him...he was just
> fierce,massive and mean as he could be,but I loved
> him.This sounds crazy but I dream of him.Right
> after he passed I woke one night because I "felt"
> him jump onto my bed.There was nothing there of
> course,but I was NOT dreaming.It was that
> sure-footed cat-weight and there is nothing else
> like it.
>
>
I too, heard the Bear in the hall and felt him jump long after he was put in his "King" Syrup can.
Deacon was the best gray cat ever. I still miss him. He adopted me when he was nine, and we lived together for another 8 years.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
SOMEBODY pleez pass the kleenex.
I think it is wonderful that he was so determined to save this animal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login