Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TDCs

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
TDCs
July 28, 2008
I'm surprised this isn't included in EVERY confession:

My wife can turn any conversation into something about the kids.
I love my kids, they're awesome. But I want to have some adult talk.

It really is difficult to find a moo who doesn't do this, especially if there are more childed people around, that is ALL they want to talk about, even on Girls Night Out. What is the point?
Anonymous User
Re: TDCs
July 29, 2008
I know, they will find a way to crow bar their kiids in every conversation, and they are the people who dont listen, they dont hear a word you say, they just want to hear them selves talk and have a 1 sided conversation. I tune out ASAP
July 29, 2008
They just want to hear themseslves talk so they can reassure themselves that what they did is actually what they wanted...which, chances are, was not and they figure if they talk long and loud enough, they'll convince themselves they made a good choice.

People who have kids they truely wanted (without regret) don't blather 24/7 about their crotch maggots.
CF Uter
July 29, 2008
After my oldest SIL had her first kyd, her granddad died, I was with them the entire day at the funeral. For a solid 6 hours she talked about her kid, no breaks.

Then, one time we all went out for dinner, this is the first time I think they all got babysitters for the brats, she did it again, so her hubby said, very nicely I must add, "you know how Susie and John always talk about the kids and how we didn't like it, you're getting caught up in it, so please stop talking about the kyds."

She seemed ok with the comment. I swear...she talked about something for a mere 30 secs, then came kyddie talk again, she paused, realized she was doing it, but then just barrelled ahead for the rest of the night. She just *couldn't* stop. They are still together, but he did file for divorce about a year after that. I know it did involve with her obsession with the kyds.
July 29, 2008
They do that crap on message boards, too. You can always tell who the moos are - as soon as they get repugnant, they just HAVE to mention it in EVERY FUCKING POST. Even when the topic has NOTHING to do with that. (And, 99.9 % of the time, it doesn't.)
July 29, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know, they will find a way to crow bar their
> kiids in every conversation, and they are the
> people who dont listen, they dont hear a word you
> say, they just want to hear them selves talk and
> have a 1 sided conversation. I tune out ASAP

Years of work in the tele-industry taught me to sound and look like I'm listening even though I'm probably just thinking about donuts or Sing Star. The secret is nodding, looking at them every couple minutes to make sure they're still talking and saying things like "ummm humm" or "oh really?" once in a while. You can keep 'em going for hours without contributing a single iota of thought. I haven't heard a word a moo has said to me in years, and sometimes I feel maliciously gleeful about wasting so much of their time.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login