Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Extreme Makeover" Breeders losing house, and all

Posted by nowhiggers 
Re: "Extreme Makeover" Breeders losing house, and all
August 01, 2008
See, I have family down there, so i'm a wee bit stuck b/c I would like to be closer to them and wake up to palm trees.

Krishna, (I've never addressed a God before) Where i live now, MD, is in the top 5 states for whites being in the minority, that's something I have to suck up.

Feh, after 6 years in CT, if i never saw snow again it would be too soon but I have considered moving somewhere in the heartland.
Face it, nowhere is completely safe..
When a house sales you just hope and pray that whatever moves in... isn't a problem.
two cents ΒΆΒΆ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Face it, nowhere is completely safe..
> When a house sales you just hope and pray that
> whatever moves in... isn't a problem.

No truer words have ever been spoken.I thought I was going to be relatively immune when I bought my last house in '95 because I was in the real estate business and could find out "insider info", but that still wasn't good enough. I researched the current neighbors and history of every single neighborhood I liked, and even though I was only 30, I chose an area consisting of mostly retired and over 50 professional people. I scouted it out day and night and never saw the first kid or evidence of any. Even though it was an older less "trendy" area, I liked it because it was clean and well maintained and I had HOPED wouldn't be attractive to the childed.

I moved in and I swear it didn't seem like the ink had time to dry on the sales contract before the widow next door died suddenly and UP went the for sale sign. IN moved a "Brady Bunch' family with 6 kids total, best I could tell, and maw maw in tow. These were 4 bedroom 2 bath houses, go figure. Basketball net in the front yard, skateboard ramp on the sidewalk, and a CHEAP BLUE UGLY above ground pool in the back, and 5 yap dogs. They turned the foyer/dining/living room area into 3 bedrooms which were divided by 1960's "hippy beads", and I know this because they kept the drapes drawn 24/7 across the front. T A C K Y

You are correct 2 cents, no where is completely safe, unless you do like I have and have forgone ALL city conveniences and bought a house on a secluded mountain side. After putting up with the "Brady Bunch" for 7 years, it was either that, or slit my wrists. I felt as if I had been released from prison when I was finally able to move.
The other nightmare about a neighborhood is worrying about breeder rentals, or rowdy college students. They are fully equal to welfare breeders.

My wonderful old neighbor got a job transfer and had to move. First a nice elderly lady moved in. Then she died. Come to find out, her son owned the property and decided to rent it. The first renters were hardcore partying college students. One of them would whistle and make comments when I'd walk or jog by. The next famblee was a lovely group of skanky rent jumpers. Now, thank God, the nicest, quietest gay couple moved in about 8 mos ago. They were thankful that we were nice, friendly, accepting neighbors. Thank goodness they are now leasing to own.

Krishna--one nice thing about staging a CF home is that it stays staged, not like those horrid breeder homes on HGTV!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login