Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1064 - Kids in restaurants

Posted by Lynn 
Lynn
#1064 - Kids in restaurants
March 13, 2006
Catmommy - I'm glad your lunch wasn't completely ruined by the screaming loaf. I'm with you - I don't understand why breeders can't take their kiddies to restaurants that are obviously family friendly, instead of dragging the loaves along to a restaurant that has a bar and doesn't have coloring books, a children's menu. etc.

Yesterday, my DH and I went out for lunch. I don't like to go out for lunch on Sunday very often because that's usually a very crowded time in restaurants, with all of the famblees dining out after church. I'd rather cook at home on Sunday, or go out for dinner on Sunday evening when it's less crowded. But yesterday was close to 90 degrees in Texas, and our air conditioner was broken (it's being fixed tomorrow), and I just didn't want to cook lunch in our small, hot kitchen. So DH and I decided go to an upscale cafe near us. I describe this cafe as upscale because it's in a fancy shopping center, and it has a wine bar and only a few items on the menu that could appeal to children. To me, even the word "cafe" signals that the place is probably not family friendly.

But wouldn't you know it - the place was almost wall-to-wall parents and sprongs when we arrived shortly after 12 p.m! Fortunately, we found a table that was away from the rugrats and their handlers, and the noise wasn't too bad. But I was still ticked that I couldn't get away to have a nice, quiet lunch in a place that is obviously aimed at adults without having to listen to kids babble.

I'm also wondering how the hell these breeders can afford to dine out in places like this cafe (where even salads start at $6), or in even more upscale places like Legal Sea Foods, with all the kids in tow. I know that my parents couldn't afford to do this when my sisters and I were little, especially since Mom was a housewife. The only restaurant I remember us going to regularly was Long John Silvers - a place that is obviously child friendly. I don't remember going to restaurant with waiters until I was about 9 years old or so - not even for a special occasion.

Instead of us going out to eat all the time (something that many breeders seem to do with their kids), Mom ACTUALLY COOKED - and she was great at it too and knew how to save money by cooking at home.

That's one reason why my DH and I cook at home most of the time instead of going out to eat - it's cheaper, and it's probably also healthier for us to eat at home. Avoiding the breeders and their noisy offspring is just one more reason!
Re: #1064 - Kids in restaurants
March 13, 2006
the moos want to show off, at how special they are. and how all restaurants have to be child friendly, which defeats the object, where will parents go to have a break if everywhere is fambly orientated.

CFADinNYC
March 13, 2006
I bet the moo's can afford to bring their fresh loaves and annoying toadlers to expensive places is because they have a bnch of credit cards maxed out to death. HA!!!! Let them pay and pay and pay!!!!!!!
March 13, 2006
a special surcharge, in case of brat spoilage, and brat caused injury. as we have to pay higher insurance
Computer Nerd
March 13, 2006
Sorry for long post!"Yesterday, my DH and I went out for lunch. I don't like to go out for lunch on Sunday very often because that's usually a very crowded time in restaurants, with all of the famblees dining out after church. I'd rather cook at home on Sunday, or go out for dinner on Sunday evening when it's less crowded. But yesterday was close to 90 degrees in Texas, and our air conditioner was broken (it's being fixed tomorrow), and I just didn't want to cook lunch in our small, hot kitchen. So DH and I decided go to an upscale cafe near us. I describe this cafe as upscale because it's in a fancy shopping center, and it has a wine bar and only a few items on the menu that could appeal to children. To me, even the word "cafe" signals that the place is probably not family friendly." That for some reason doesn't matter to breeders, because either they are too cheap, or too stupid to hire a baby sitter or leave their hellions with a relative.
"But wouldn't you know it - the place was almost wall-to-wall parents and sprongs when we arrived shortly after 12 p.m! Fortunately, we found a table that was away from the rugrats and their handlers, and the noise wasn't too bad. But I was still ticked that I couldn't get away to have a nice, quiet lunch in a place that is obviously aimed at adults without having to listen to kids babble." Us CF'rs can't every go to an "adults only" establishment without crochfucs, because they must think their shitloaves are so cute. Hearing a baby screach is never cute. Besides isn't that why there are places like McDonald's? But I guess breeders arn't smart enough to figure that one out.
"I'm also wondering how the hell these breeders can afford to dine out in places like this cafe (where even salads start at $6), or in even more upscale places like Legal Sea Foods, with all the kids in tow. I know that my parents couldn't afford to do this when my sisters and I were little, especially since Mom was a housewife. The only restaurant I remember us going to regularly was Long John Silvers - a place that is obviously child friendly. I don't remember going to restaurant with waiters until I was about 9 years old or so - not even for a special occasion." I've seen where famiblees eat out, then on the flip side, be very broke and have to file for bankruptcy. And on a different note, when I was young (but not so little) I remember my family being in an upscale resteraunt(but my brothers and I behaved) and I remember wondering why some moo brought in a baby, babysitters anyone?
"Instead of us going out to eat all the time (something that many breeders seem to do with their kids), Mom ACTUALLY COOKED - and she was great at it too and knew how to save money by cooking at home."
My family was like that also. My mom cooked, I watched her cook, so it's no wonder where I learned it from. We maily went out to eat on Sundays after church. Some famblees eat out too much, then wonder why their daughturs grow up not knowing out to cook (or boys).
"That's one reason why my DH and I cook at home most of the time instead of going out to eat - it's cheaper, and it's probably also healthier for us to eat at home. Avoiding the breeders and their noisy offspring is just one more reason!" Also the reason us CF'rs have money worth saving, were not always broke having to caiter to lil' snotleighs every whim.
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 14, 2006
I think breeders come to upscale places where kids are clearly not welcome just to prove a point. They sit with a "how dare you" look on their sleep-deprived face just waiting for someone to comment on Shitford's temper tantrum. They let the shit-loaves run around hoping they will get injured so they can sue someone. They like to prove their little point that breeders can still have the life the childfree have by showing up at non-kid-friendly places with the brats in tow. Uh, sorry, childfree bliss at the corner cafe isn't the same for you breeders just because you show up there and leave your brat to scream and bother everyone else. Breeders that do this are clearly pissed off at their choice to have had kids and let the kids run amok just to ruin everyone else's peaceful time. Placenta-brained assholes.
We were in the Maul on Saturday in a store, when all of a sudden a blood curdling shriek echoed down the hall. Everyone in the store looked up and I said "wow, who's getting murdered?" the teen-aged employee nearest me laughed and said "hopefuly some rotten little kid"

I was almost filled with hope for the future.
sprogless
March 14, 2006
Hee Hee, Feh! I wish some of those kinds of girls worked in our local maul! I don't even go out to eat, anymore, because it's impossible to have a nice dining experience. We have year- around school, here, so some group of brats is always on break. And you all had better believe that their moos can't go anywhere, do anything, without them. Thank Dog for take- out!
Water Lily
March 14, 2006
Wal-Mart or "Squal-Mart" is a serious "moo" ville. If you KNOW what I mean. Not that is has anything to do with restaurants...... They also take their kydz at they time they REALY should be getting ready for bed.
hehe
March 15, 2006
March 15, 2006
Aw damn, the mall nearest to where I live has a food court with a goddamned arcade in it. It's always chock-full with sproggen screaming how they need more tokens. But, since the DDR machine is in there (in a nice secluded corner), I usually swallow my pride and brave the army of brats to stomp around to a few songs.

Also, in that food court, half of the places to get food are the typical "famblee-friendly" places...McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, and Friendly's. It's always guaranteed that there will be shit loaves screaming blue murder when you're eating. Oh well...not a family place, so whatever.

The local Wal-Mart, as if it wasn't breederific enough, actually had a McDonald's right inside the damn doors! There is nowhere to go in Wal-Mart that isn't infested with sprogs. Kids shoving their way into electronics to play the video games, mewling over the toys, and cooing at the fish.

I'll admit, though...last time I was in Wal-Mart, I got to hear a pretty funny comment from a parent. I was perusing the toys because I was bored, and I found one of those fluid-filled squishy balls. Some kid ran down the aisle and pushed himself right in front of me, resulting in shoving me. His mother saw what happened and she told him, "Excuse me...do you have a brain?"

The kid looked at her for a while and then said, "...yes". The mother then said, "Good use it and say 'excuse me'." Maybe not the best parenting in the world, but at least she didn't let Snotley get away with it.
Water Lily
March 15, 2006
He he.....
Just about every Ballsmart I've had the displeasure of experiencing has a Mc D's in it. I guess to add to the wonderous odor of the store, and size of the patrons. I often wonder what the slave laborors who make the clothes Ballsmart sells think when they're sewing their 10,000th pair of xxxl Kathy Lee stretch pants.

Water Lily
March 16, 2006
Also, don't those idiots know or realize that if you bring a babyee (or a toadler or a kyd) of course they are going to cry and throw a fit? (and irritate everyone in the restaurant or store? shrug
Leigh
March 16, 2006
I was at Wal-Mart last night with my boyfriend buying groceries. He wandered off to look at guy stuff (i.e. electronics stuff). I guess he couldn't find me (or didn't look very hard). He sent me a text on my phone saying "scream so I can find you". I texted him back to ask him how in the hell would he know WHICH scream was mine since every brat in there was squalling at the top of their lungs. LOL. That is what I get for going to Wal-Mart anyway but we both got a good laugh out of it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.