Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I wonder what she wants?"

Posted by bell_flower 
July 31, 2008
I flew back home from a business trip this morning. I knew I was in trouble when I got on the plane. It was a small plane and in the row next to me sat a Moo with a kid about 8 and another one who looked to be about two, who, of course, sat in Moo's lap. (As an aside, I luuuuv how Moos bleat about the Safety of The Childruuun(TM), yet they are too fucking cheap to cough up the money and actually PAY for their lap lizards to get a separate (safer) seat. But I digress.) I know the kid was under two, right, because it got to ride on the Moo's lap.

Sure enough, shotly after takeoff, the toadler started pointing up the aisle, as if she wanted something, SCREAMING and crying. Moo's strategy was this:

1. Ignore the brat. (Yeah, that's real effective.)

2. Try to hug the brat to soothe it. (It just made the little shit angry. She squirmed out of the Moo's arms and screamed louder.)

Moo's other kid, who was obviously from a different father (baby was Asian, kid was not) quietly read a book and looked annoyed by the whole process.

Moo looked at her other kid and said:

"I wonder what it is she wants?"

Later on, after about 20 minutes of the wailing, Moo took the toadler to the bathroom, then came back. Kid starts screaming again. Moo says to the other kid, "she's just scared."

Here's the point: Moo, I don't give a shit if your kid is frustrated or scared. SHUT THAT DAMN THING UP, ALREADY. It's your job to do this, and if you are incapable of making your kid behave, your kid doesn't belong in public places, especially not a small box where we are stuck with the likes of you for 90 minutes.

I understand that kids are impulsive beings, but why couldn't the Moo tell the kid "no," or "stop crying?" Why do they just sit there and do nothing? I know that's a rhetorical question. They don't do their fucking job as a parunt because nobody wants to be the bad guy and if you are a disciplanarian, you can't be LoafLeigh's Bestest Buddy. How pathetic.

The kid screamed for 45 minutes straight, then fell into a sleep coma, head first into the Moo's chest because it was exhausted from screaming.

Thank God, but did it really have to go on that long?
k-man
Re: "I wonder what she wants?"
July 31, 2008

A visit from Mr. Open Handâ„¢ to her face. Smack! "Now shut up or I'll give you a reason to holler!"
July 31, 2008
"Lap lizard" - hee!

I bet the stupid bitch wanted you to coo at the baybee. And, since you didn't, decided to punish you with the screaming.
kidlesskim
July 31, 2008
All of that asking rhetorical questions to the 8 year old, and making comments to him about how the brat was skeered and such, was an obvious attempt to let ALL of the passengers hear what she was saying so they might be sympathetic simply because she was embarrassed, as well she should have been. I think that dragging a kid along who is too young to reason with and likely to annoy or disturb passengers shouldn't be allowed. I wish the FAA would start requiring separate seats for those kids so the airlines would be forced to charge the FULL PRICE. Maybe that would curtail this lap lizard nonsense.

As long as they are rewarded by free passage for the brats instead of punished for ruining everyone else's flights, they will continue with their thoughtless behavior.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2008
toss that fucken "lap lizard" lol out the fucken door and let it drop to its death
August 01, 2008
OOOh! My favorite! The oh-so-adorable Asian trophy baby! So trendy! Wonder how much they paid for it.
August 01, 2008
A 2 year old has no place being on a plane. It's ears were probably hurting from the cabin pressure, and a 2 year old doesn't know to keep swallowing and it can't chew gum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login