Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bread & circus..

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bread & circus..
August 05, 2008
I just sat at a dealership to have the oil changed on my car. (No comments please, I'm gonna try and find somewhere else.) Seems my paperwork got buried, otherwise I would have been out sooner. But this is not the point of this post...
Was watching Fox News (5 in my area, ny metro) and there was a sizable segment on the 9 o'clock program. I don't remember the hosts. It was all I could do to keep from launching into a whole pile of expletives. It revolved around women (aaaalways the farking women) who had survived cancer, but had been rendered infertile (BOOOOOOO HOOOOOO BOOOOO HOOOO I WANNNNAAAA SPRROOOOOOOOOGGG). Heartily announcing new services to store eggs, sperm, blaaaaahblaaaaaaaaahblaaaaaaah so that the moo wannabee can go through in-vitro just to reproduce their very own loaf.
They had one pregnant moo who had managed to achieve that naturally, hadn't had to resort to in-vitro.
I really sympathise of partners with baby-rabid infertiles. Cripes, as if these women being infertile is the be all and end off of the news. We are facing so many critical problems and they have to focus on the stooopid brain-dead 'I can't sproooog' crowd.
Bread and circus. Of course, this is just one piece of entertainment in a huge manure pile of similar such amusement. We are partying while Rome burns. Sad.
Re: Bread & circus..
August 05, 2008
"our" singlemindedness is, indeed, breathtaking.
August 05, 2008
I also sympathize with the partners of these idiot women. Oh yes, by all means, let's not worry about actual solutions for the myriad of societal problems right now....let's pool some of our resources into making sure the people who shouldn't be able to have children reproduce. Because somehow, these women are 'owed' children and we'd better make sure we provide them with exactly what they want. Honestly, I don't know how people got to the point where they decided that the magical fix to anything and everything is to reproduce.

I used to work with a woman named Kristina years ago. She came into work one day and promptly fell to the ground in a heap, sobbing. I, along with the other women in the office, asked her what was wrong. Here I was thinking it was going to be something of profound importance....and do you know what she was sobbing over? She found out she was infertile.
Now, if I got news like that from MY doctor, I'd dance naked with obscene glee up on the table with jig in my step and a smile on my face, but let's forget that for a moment. The other women added fuel to Kristina's fire by acting like it was the most TERRIBLE thing that could ever have happened to her and her life was positively over. After the rest of them were done mewling and weeping and acting like the universe had personally decided to end Kristina's life, it was my turn. I told her to get up off the floor, get a hold of herself, and realize that her life was not over. I told her it's possible to be a positive influence in a child's life without being a mother. I talked about the possibility of adoption if she were so inclined. I talked about the fact that she could dote even more so on her niece and nephew. I said everything the other breeders would never say - that reproducing is not the be-all, end-all of a person's existence - that the time and energy she would have spent on maternity could be used in other ways - that her tears were unnecessary. Later on, she came to me and said, "Thanks, no one ever put things to me that way before."

A bunch of selfish, crying wanna-breeders is NOT news. And it's also not the end of the world, either.
Anonymous User
August 05, 2008
our singlemindedness... yep
just plain appalling, eh???
You had to be and listened to it. Puke factor of at least 8.
These peoples total identities are wrapped up in their gonads. Totally, 100% myopic focus to the detriment and oblivion to anything else (or anyone else for that matter) in the world. They cannot be just grateful for surviving cancer: they have to covet the sacred loaf-dropping. arrrrggghhhhhhhhh
(and I do emphasize 'covet')
Peppertree
August 05, 2008
"I used to work with a woman named Kristina years ago. She came into work one day and promptly fell to the ground in a heap, sobbing. I, along with the other women in the office, asked her what was wrong. Here I was thinking it was going to be something of profound importance....and do you know what she was sobbing over? She found out she was infertile. "

Wow, drama queen much?
August 05, 2008
You ain't kidding, Peppertree! grinning smiley
August 05, 2008
Methinks this girl needs to learn how to behave with dignity- something most breeders give up in a heartbeat.
August 05, 2008
I cannot imagine women who sink to such levels. Can you imagine the weak minds involved in this type of behavior? My gods, be happy your cancer is gone. Don't they know how hard repugnancy is on the body and it could tax her immune system so badly and the cancer would return?

Fucking idiots. If I got to make the rules, these fuckers would remain childfree and like it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login