http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/08/05/lw.nokids.nojob.wives/index.html
Anonymous User
Re: Stay At Home....Wives..?
August 05, 2008
I want to be a SAHH (stay at home husband) LOL
bratBgone
August 05, 2008
I'm practically a stay-at-home-wife. I hated my job with a passion, and have a health problem (really bad asthma) that wasn't easy to work with. After much agonizing, I decided to take a leave of absence. I found myself sooo much healthier and happier that I decided to quit for good. After about 9 months of doing nothing, my husband decided to start a side business that he hopes to eventually do full time. I do all of his book keeping, shipping, and retreival of paperwork from businesses. Some days I'm really busy, others I can sit around reading and playing on here. Right now I have a lung infection that has had me either planted on the couch, or at the ER for breathing help, so I'm really glad to not have a full time job. Some of my ex coworkers asked if I was leaving work to have kids, and they can't undestand why I wouldn't want to work if I didn't have kids. I think most of them are just jealous because they would love to quit, too. Right now staying home is the best choice for my health and happiness.
bratBgone
August 05, 2008
I meant to say in my post "After about 9 months of me doing nothing, my husband decided to start a side business..." DH has contiuned to work while I've been home.
Ann
August 05, 2008
I guess you could have called me a stay-at-home-wife a year ago-I quit work to go back to school full-time to change careers. Now I only work four days a week, but most weeks, at least two of those days stretch into twelve-hour territory (I'm a cake designer, and if we're having a busy week at the shop that means long days). I too got the question of leaving to have kids, and had to correct people that just because I'm leaving to follow a different career path, doesn't mean I want to sprog in the near future. My old office was very breeder-centric; once I got sick with food poisoning at work, and had five different women ask me if I was pregnant after I spent half an hour puking my guts out-aaaarrg!
Anonymous User
August 05, 2008
I work at home (i have a full Lic Dog grooming shop out of my house) I spend ZERO money on gas, I have alot of free time, i cook and get all the chores done, so when my wife (she works for a vet) gets home there isnt much left for her to do.
nowhiggers
August 06, 2008
rabbits and i have had some discussion here on bipolar. basically, i've said before that if its real bipolar, there is just no mistaking it. we have two friends with this disease and one of the friends i have seen in an episode and there is no mistaking that the brain is just not functioning right at all. i don't know how to describe it, the hallucinations, the way the body moves, wow... it's just so obvious there is a chemical situation in the brain i do not know how this thing could be misdiagnosed.

but it is! you hear about brats getting this diagnoses a lot these days. when in fact bipolar is a pretty rare illness.
August 06, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I work at home (i have a full Lic Dog grooming
> shop out of my house) I spend ZERO money on gas,
> I have alot of free time, i cook and get all the
> chores done, so when my wife (she works for a vet)
> gets home there isnt much left for her to do.

show off. lucky wife. bleah.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008
RR lol i wasnt saying that, I was just saying that i work from home which allows me to keep the house in order. lol
August 06, 2008
It is a luxury but i think i would go bugshit sitting around.
August 06, 2008
Why not call them "housewives" to make it shorter and easier.^_^
August 06, 2008
I've always worked full-time, but it sucks. I like my job, what I do, the place I work, my co-workers, etc., but I could be FAR more constructive if I didn't "have" to earn a decent paycheck and fill my days doing something I don't really want to be doing.

I would love to do my own thing all day - I'd volunteer at the animal shelter. Nothing would make me happier than to be around animals all day and take care of them.

So, in the meantime, I just keep on dreaming and playing PowerBall. LOL
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008
I really think its a choice, you can work less or take a less paying job to free up time, it just takes some doing, you can move to a cheaper city/state, you can lower your over head, (drive a crappy 1994 jeep, like me, but its paid for) there are things that can be done, it does take some guts to quit your job and do what you WANT, its 100% doable,

I did it my way, I hated working at jobs for other people, I hated working 40 plus hours, So i made a choice, lower my over head, learn to dog groom and build my own life. I have ALOT of free time and I still make an ok living, i dont buy "STUFF" i got out of buying useless stuff years ago. its made a huge difference in my life.

I still travel twice a year. im not a wage slave, I am misrable when i have to be one.

Im moving to Florida when my house sells, The city on which im moving doesnt allow you to have a grooming shop out of my house like i have now, So ill compromise, Ill do pet sitting, Im doing some now to learn the business. ITS ALL ABOUT free time and not being a slave to some job, I dont NOT like working 40 hours, (call me lazy if you want, but i think my freedom is priceless)

I structured my life to fit whats best for me, and I have done that my whole life, I have nevered owned a new car or even a cell phone (dont need one) but my life has ALWAYS BEEN MINE!
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008
i love the "work at home selling stuff on ebay" I sell stuff on ebay and have been doing so for 8 years. It is VERY VERY hard to make a real, full living on ebay, I sell Jimmy Buffett, Howard Stern, etc stickers, part time, just for a few extra bucks. I just make maybe $30.00 extra per week, (more around Xmas)
August 06, 2008
There ain't nothin' wrong with you, child.
CF Uter
August 06, 2008
I totally respect this more than SAHMs because, look this woman gets stuff done and has a schedule, etc. She takes the job seriously, and I can see how that can benefit the marriage.

SAHMs , even my friends that I used to admire and respect, can't seem to get anything done OR raise their kyds properly. I don't see what they are doing. Their lives are dedicated to BRatley's schedule so all they do is taxi the brats around and stuff McD's in their faces becauz there's no time to cook.

Hence, houseWIFE vs. Stay at home MOM. They are married to Bratley and only cater to Bratley.
August 08, 2008
That's me. I'm a stay-at-home wife. I do some freelance writing projects for a local magazine (the one I left due to an abusive boss--I pleaded "family concerns" and resigned). It is GREAT. I've been glorying in this whole summer. We have a big garden, that I have time to tend this year, and eat a lot of food from it, I have time to do chores before DH gets home, and he is totally supportive. I feel like I'm living in Eden, no joke. I'm not the world's most social person, to put it mildly, so staying at home all day is my idea of heaven. I love my life! And my DH who works hard to make it possible!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login