Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speaking of Dolls...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Speaking of Dolls...
August 06, 2008
In the 'New kind of Craigslist ads' thread there was some talk about Real Dolls -- and the utter creepiness of them. I didn't want to take that thread any more off topic, but I had to ask -- have any of you heard of Reborn Dolls?

I'm not going to say anything else about them, but I will post a link

http://www.babylovereborns.com/

Click it... If you dare.
bratBgone
Re: Speaking of Dolls...
August 06, 2008
This is creepy. At first I thought, "Are they dead babies, or is it the cough syrup I'm taking?!" They aren't dead babies, are they? This reminds me of that website that had famblees posing with their stillborn babies.
kidlesskim
August 06, 2008
I think these dolls are extremely creepy and can only begin to imagine why someone would want a custom made one from a picture. How weird would someone have to be to have a doll "reborn" to look like a child who had died, for instance? Below are the extras people can get. I think these are too real and unhealthy for a kid to play with and certainly for any sane grown person to have, for whatever reason. Why would any "normal" person want a doll with an umbilical cord?

'-Voice boxes: $18.00
-Squishy Babyfat Tummie inserts: $21.00
-Heartbeat units: $19.50
-Spines: $22.00
-Tummie/Tushie/Body POSING Plates;
-1/2 Tummy plates (tummy only/not full to chest):$15.00
-Full 'Bountiful Baby' Tummy plate: $25.00
-Full 'Baby Blessing/ Tamie Yarie' Tummy Plate: :$35.00
-Full 'Shawna Clymer' Tummy Plate: $35.00
-Full wrap around Body Plate (ties with ribbons on side);
small 14/15" Berenguer: $37.50
Any Large 19-21"Body Plate: $48.00
-Breathing Mechanism:$92.00(including customized body)
-Heat Packs: $20.50
-Magnetic umbilical cord: $ 12.50'
August 06, 2008
Now I've seen it all. I seriously feel ill. Better move closer to the bathroom before upchuck my dinner.
Anonymous User
August 07, 2008
The dolls cost from hundreds (with no extras) to thousands (with the works). There was a reality show called "My Fake Baby" that told the stories of a few women who purchased some and their reasons.
August 07, 2008
auuggghhhh- Fark had a story where a woman noticed one in a back seat, called the cops and they smashed a window b/c they thought it was dead and it turned out the owner of the car makes them and had one of the sleeping ones in there. Put it in a box fer chissakes!
August 07, 2008
Even worse, criminals can use those realistic-looking babies as "hostage" to get everyone to pay huge ransom money and do things for them.=P
bratBgone
August 07, 2008
I can just picture a distraught moo who's lost a baby having a replica made to carry around. Very creepy.
August 07, 2008
John Waters had an "angry baby with bad hair" custom made for himself. It's quite grotesque. It's name is Bill and it's only purpose is to receive punishment and scorn. Then again, John Waters is delightfully crazy.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
kidlesskim
August 07, 2008
I wonder how long before someone tries to use one of those "babies" to get a welfare check for dependent children? They could certainly fall into the "special needs" category and be eligible for a bigger check.(My baybee just lays there and won't respond to my touch!!) Another thing I imagine will happen is women having a baby, brutally murdering it, and toting around one of those things to cover up the crime. I don't see how these dolls can be a good thing or healthy in any way.

I read the artist's bio about the reason she started this business and she said that it was a "natural progression" after the birth of her first kid. She said it made her sad when she started growing up and that she wanted to "preserve" her babyhood. That motive is a sign of mental illness, IMO. Don't most people just take pictures?
August 07, 2008
Seems you can sign her Guestbook

http://www.babylovereborns.com/guestbook.htm
k-man
August 07, 2008
Banshee said, "Even worse, criminals can use those realistic-looking babies as 'hostage' to get everyone to pay huge ransom money and do things for them.=P"

Hey, Banshee, thanks for the idea! Heh heh heh heh heh heh ...
August 07, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Waters had an "angry baby with bad hair"
> custom made for himself. It's quite grotesque.
> It's name is Bill and it's only purpose is to
> receive punishment and scorn. Then again, John
> Waters is delightfully crazy.

Baltimore hears ya!
August 07, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how long before someone tries to use one
> of those "babies" to get a welfare check for
> dependent children? They could certainly fall
> into the "special needs" category and be eligible
> for a bigger check.(My baybee just lays there and
> won't respond to my touch!!)

Now THAT'S an idea. I finally know how I'm going to get all those sweet, sweet benefits that parents get without having to live their hellish lives.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
August 08, 2008
Those are revolting. And the thought of anyone getting one to memorialize a lost child makes my stomach roil. Sick.
Gigabyte
August 10, 2008
I saw the website, the doll are very impressive.

Way better than having a real baby.
Think about it, good thing about the doll compare to a real thing is that (lot of things):
You don't have to go through burden (18+ years), it won't grow up to be the drain on the system, drain your health or grow uo to be a criminal. Even better you don't have to go through germs, potty train, be a 'wallet' and so on.

On top of it unlike real kids, at least the dolls are not sprogs, loaf, F-Trophy, Bratley or other nicknames.
kidlesskim
August 10, 2008
I think there is nothing wrong at all with adults collecting porcelain dolls, Barbies, actions figures, etc....for display, hobby, or perhaps as a trade value. However, people who buy one of these lifelike babies with heart beats, umbilical cords, that can also breath, so they can treat them like humans, are freaks of nature. They are just like those people who buy those new custom made lifelike sex dolls that start at 7k. Ok, I am not prudish enough to not understand that some people want a sex toy, but some of these people who buy these take it BEYOND that.

Once I read some FAQ on that adult "real doll" site out of pure curiosity, and literlly laughed till I cried. 'Can I get her a tattoo to match mine?", "Will it hurt her to float on a raft in my pool with me?", Does she look real enough to be a realistic passenger in a car because I hate to travel alone on business trips?", "Do you have one that can be programmed to have conversations with me?", "Will it hurt her to use a vibrator on HER?" "Would she look real in a picture sitting beside me so I can send pics to my friends and family?" etc.......WHAT NUTCASES and these people who buy the baby dolls to hold, feed, etc.....need to some serious help.

Having kinky sex with a doll I "get".69 sex Propping her up on the couch to watch a movie, sitting her at the breakfast table with her own plate of scrambled eggs and cup of coffee and newspaper in her hand, and sleeping in her arms,friendly hug I do NOT get, but that's what a lot of them do, according to what I read. Like I said, "FREAKS"!. tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login