Feminism 101
July 13, 2005
Bitch Ph.D. says, "While I agree that the proposal to pay primary caregivers $5000/year in cold hard cash 'til the kid turns 13 sounds great. . ."

I disagree with this proposal. There's no reason why we should give the moos $5,000 more per year. They already take too much from us as it is.

Moos, if your wallets don't make enough cash for you, get a part-time job! If you get work, try asking for a $5,000 raise; you won't get anywhere close to that amount of a pay increase.
Beatrix
Re: Feminism 101
July 13, 2005
Bitch's arguments don't hold water:

****Yes, individuals can choose not to have children. More power to them. But collectively, on both the social and species level, we cannot make that choice. Being living creatures and all. Moreover, the economic disadvantages of having kids pretty much accrue because we've all agreed to alienate our labor. Ok, fine, but let's don't pretend that it is the children, rather than the social structure, that is the "choice."****

She says we cannot make the choice not to have kids because we are "living creatures and all." Great argument (sarcasm) and she's talking on the "social and species level." Those are levels, Ms. Ph.D. And you aren't telling me anything about these levels, just spouting words. And with rampant AIDS and starvation in this world, who the fuck says our planet needs more of us?

And sure,the social structure puts huge pressure on people to whelp, but they still have a choice not to. They just have to have the guts to endure whatever their families say to try to persuade them to become parents. Am I going to spontaneously wake up tomorrow pregnant? No. Then it's a choice. Say there's a red pill and a blue pill a gatekeeper is offering me. I can only choose one. If I had a choice to take the red pill, then I had a choice to take the blue pill. How can she say that not having children is a choice, but having them is not a choice? There's just a stigma attached to one of the choices (guess which one).

For lurkers: There are myths and stories out there of people who forged their own route to do what they wanted to be happy instead of conforming. Read them. Find people who share what you want and surround yourself with those people....on to another quote from Bitch...


****People have children because if you fuck someone of the opposite sex, chances are that sooner or later you (or, if you are a man, your partner) will get pregnant.****

Ever heard of birth control? sterilization? (She does acknowledge that these options are "lovely") These options work pretty good. So does abortion. And even if one doesn't want to abort it, they can give it up for adoption.

Breeders made a choice. To conform. Now they have to deal with the consequences and not expect the rest of us to worship them.


Denise
Re: Feminism 101
July 14, 2005
This Bitch must have been screwing her instructors to get that Ph.D.

$5,000 MORE to the breeding hos??? Great, more unwanted and abused children the losers would have just for that extra $5,000 a year.
Anonymous User
Re: Feminism 101
July 14, 2005
Denise said:
"This Bitch must have been screwing her instructors to get that Ph.D"

I was thinking exactly that! That whole blog sounds like a poorly written dissertation- lots of flowery words , but no content.
Re: Feminism 101
July 14, 2005
She can't write worth a shit.

Also, who the fuck thinks $5,000 in cold hard cash each year is a good idea? In the U.S., don't Breeders get $3,000 per child, and then they get a TAX CREDIT for daycare costs on top of that? Doesn't that mean that any taxes they owe can be offset dollar per dollar by runt care costs?

They get more than enough already and I'm fucking sick of it.
Tracy
Re: Feminism 101
July 20, 2005
Interesting subject, day care and the idea that we owe them something because life/societies structure is hard and it is difficult to make ends meet. I say, that is a load of poo. The mother and father (if he is in the picture) knew that ends were not meeting before the kid came. They knew they needed more money -most likely as they were par-taking in the throws of passion, maybe even complaining about the cost of birth control. So wake up- you could not make it before the kid and kids cost money. It is simple math. You had a good choice for finacial freedom and that was not to have kids, but as soon as you said " oh, our kid will be so cute - all they need is love" you threw your life and freedom right out the window. I, non-parent do not owe you any thing. We can structure the government anyway we want and it is clear we need to flip the coin. Give the people without children a tax credit. We draw less natural resources, ask for less gov. services. We produce more as we have more time. Make parents have afford the kids they have without dipping into my wallet. Families are a drain on society,in all ways including the environmental impact. So I am sorry that you chose to have a kid and now that kid will have to suffer for your lack of planning, all this going on while you complain that there is this group that is out there, without kids not suffering like you. Well, again- you had a choice and you left that at "hey honey I am pregnant". Live with your life choice and I will live happily with mine. With more time- freedom and money in my life. You with less of every everything you dream of having, but your kid is cute- right?
Anonymous User
Re: Feminism 101
July 20, 2005
Tracy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The mother and
> father (if he is in the picture) knew that ends
> were not meeting before the kid came.
Okay, this made me laugh. It reminded me of a comedian who joked about how she wished that her ends would just get close enough to wave at each other, let alone meet. grinning smiley Okay, back on topic...

> I, non-parent do not owe you any thing. We can
> structure the government anyway we want and it is
> clear we need to flip the coin. Give the people
> without children a tax credit. We draw less
> natural resources, ask for less gov. services. We
> produce more as we have more time. Make parents
> have afford the kids they have without dipping
> into my wallet. Families are a drain on society,in
> all ways including the environmental impact.
Of course, ITA with this. The crazy thing is that all over the Internets, I read that parents actually believe that WE, the childfree, are the drains on society. Don't believe me? Here's one example: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:ujQ8k2EP5vwJ:stupidevilbastard.com/index/seb/comments/5258/. Un-frigging-believable...ungrateful turkeys. If the majority of people believe this, they should let all of us keep our childfree tax penalty money, and we'll take care of ourselves when we get old. Sounds like a plan to me.
Anonymous User
Re: Feminism 101
July 20, 2005
Errr..
I got a quote concerning the seperation of church and state. Did I miss something or am I loosing my mind? The latter option seeming like a good idea lately....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.